💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Billboard: the do's and don'ts for LG5

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

lego

She should write together with some artist, ONLY if they're having a duet.

Hiring professional songwriters is beneath her after receiving award at SHOF. 

FreePalestine

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KindaTrashy

I see his point but it's ridiculous cause he didn;t mention once a positive think about AP.

He said lots of positive things about ARTPOP and her songwriting. :wtf:

I don't like everyone telling them to pipe down. Yeah it's up to Gaga what she wants to do but these all sound like really good ideas to me. Except the songwriting part. I think she should still write all her material. 

AgusPop

He gave ARTPOP 80/100, he is a stan, please don't insult him :pray:

He is a nice guy and these are a very good constructive criticism

TheFame Monster

I agree with it all tbh. And I find it funny that people are saying that Billboard shouldn't tell her what to do when they're the ones making threads everyday about what she should and shouldn't do. :fthis: hypocrites :trollga:

Emvee

The dude is a FAN. Stop ostracizing him for a) having the same change in attitude towards ARTPOP as 75% of the fan base did. And b) wanting Gaga to do well. As fans, many of us have opinions on what Gaga should or shouldn't do. This guy just has a larger platform. And he's doing in respectfully, unlike a lot of the drama queens that plagued this site in late 2013/early 2014.

DON'T make this article more negative than it actually is. 

Wouldn't be the first time Little Monsters overreact and exaggerate though. 

Riot Poof

This is a fantastic article. It's so embarrassing that some of you are ready to come for the author when the article is just respectful advice. When artists are given complete free reign, the resulting product could be messy. Being talented is not enough; you need to also use that talent efficiently.

Jason Lipshutz is clearly a fan who wants the best for Gaga. Don't we all? It's just that some of us don't think that kissing Gaga's ass is the best thing for her.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

aaronyoji

i hate their reasoning for not making a 15 track full length album. the fame monster is not any better musically than her other efforts, just because it has the pop critical acclaim and accolades her others dont doesnt mean its better. because its not. so people use that as reference when saying "dont have too many tracks because tfm only has 8!!" those songs arent perfect, in fact, half of those are fillers. gaga likes writing complete albums anyways. i get bored af of the fame monster half way through..... 

FrankGutz

I agree with almost everything tbh, they kinda praise her sometimes

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Miel

Very, very nice read. I don't agree with all the points, but I wholly appreciate the fact that the author at least seems to have paid some sort of critical attention to Gaga's music, actions, and surrounding impact.

Off of one of his points, I'd love if Gaga did a straight-out classic rock duet with HAIM.

3 points in and ready for more

Why can't people just listen and take into account all the points they bring up?

Gaga can do all the things this article said, and not sacrifice her artistic integrity.

The same people who are cursing Billboard right now are the same one's who will be praising them when the first single from LG5 reaches #1. :usrs:

#𝟏 𝐁𝐢𝐎𝐍𝐢𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

XoXoJoanneGaga

i hate their reasoning for not making a 15 track full length album. the fame monster is not any better musically than her other efforts, just because it has the pop critical acclaim and accolades her others dont doesnt mean its better. because its not. so people use that as reference when saying "dont have too many tracks because tfm only has 8!!" those songs arent perfect, in fact, half of those are fillers. gaga likes writing complete albums anyways. i get bored af of the fame monster half way through..... 

I think people just use it as an example because the short length leaves less room for error. The Fame Monster and ARTPOP have absolutely no conceptual or thematic cohesion to them the way The Fame and Born This Way do, but in TFM's case it's only an EP and every song is produced to a very high quality and is hit-worthy, so it's easier to give it a pass. What would be ideal would be a ~10-12 song album with a coherent theme and no songs that are lyrically/sonically disposable, but I guess that's kind of at odds with the goal of making an album full of potential top 10 Bilboard hits

Archived