• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella

Irrelevant and redundant thread. Stop.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

DiscoHeaven23

Irrelevant and redundant thread. Stop.

how can something be irrelevant and redundant at the same time? Clearly if it's redundant there's some relevance to it. 

Jenniferella

how can something be irrelevant and redundant at the same time? Clearly if it's redundant there's some relevance to it. 

No it doesn't. You're trying to make it look like Katy Perry is some kind of Madonna when it's just not. At the beginning of her career, Madonna was a mainstream singer but certainly not a mainstream artist. 

Enough with the comparisons !

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Kermit the frog

Let's just hope Gaga does what's best for her art, shall we? 

DiscoHeaven23

No it doesn't. You're trying to make it look like Katy Perry is some kind of Madonna when it's just not. At the beginning of her career, Madonna was a mainstream singer but certainly not a mainstream artist. 

Enough with the comparisons !

Please refer to page one of this thread to see my replys 

It doesn't matter how successful Katy will be in comparison to Gaga. Gaga is not going anywhere any time soon, she has a huge fanbase and is building up positive critic from critics over the last year. I believe we've yet to see the best that she can offer.

Many artists 'decline' during their careers, Gaga was bound to decline after having such a huge debut (the biggest since Britney Spears, who also never managed to outdo her debut in terms of the combination of commercial success and relevance)

Also, I find this comparison a little insulting towards Cyndi. It sounds like you're saying that becoming the 'Next Cyndi Lauper' is a bad thing which it isn't, only Madonna Stan/Gaga Hater hybrids would say that. Cyndi Lauper has had a long career, even though she declined after a couple of albums she still kept releasing music and still gained positive reception from critics for her work. She has even been recently been inducted in the Songwriters Hall of Fame. So if Gaga does become the 'Next Cyndi Lauper' it certainly won't be a bad thing.

Fiona Apple

Even if I'm a big fan I must admit I fear that Gaga may not be sucessful again.. I hope this feeling will end up being wrong !

But she is REALLY successful :lolly: How can you say she is not? She had the 3rd higest earning of female singers in 2015 (after Taylor and Katy),ARTPOP "her FLOP album" sold more than 2 million and had a massive x3 platinum hit and an other x1 platinum without a video,she won a grammy this year,she took so much praise and attention for her Oscar performance,her album with JAZZ covers sold more than "big" pop albums of 2014&2015.She might not sell 20m again like she did with the fame..But she is hugely successful and I am sure that her next album will sell even more than ARTPOP if the music and the promo is good.

JusKeepBreathin

It doesn't matter how successful Katy will be in comparison to Gaga. Gaga is not going anywhere any time soon, she has a huge fanbase and is building up positive critic from critics over the last year. I believe we've yet to see the best that she can offer.

Many artists 'decline' during their careers, Gaga was bound to decline after having such a huge debut (the biggest since Britney Spears, who also never managed to outdo her debut in terms of the combination of commercial success and relevance)

Also, I find this comparison a little insulting towards Cyndi. It sounds like you're saying that becoming the 'Next Cyndi Lauper' is a bad thing which it isn't, only Madonna Stan/Gaga Hater hybrids would say that. Cyndi Lauper has had a long career, even though she declined after a couple of albums she still kept releasing music and still gained positive reception from critics for her work. She has even been recently been inducted in the Songwriters Hall of Fame. So if Gaga does become the 'Next Cyndi Lauper' it certainly won't be a bad thing.

also lets not feel sorry for Cyndi who just won a Tony for best Score that has never before been won by a woman solo for Composong the music to the musical Kinky Boots which is on Broadway, in London, touring the U.S. and Canada. She is probably making more money than anyone else mentioned from royalties of 5 shows doing 14 to 15 sold out performances a week. Lol yeah let's feel sorry for poor Cyndi Lauper. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

monketsharona

She might not sell 20m again like she did with the fame..But she is hugely successful and I am sure that her next album will sell even more than ARTPOP if the music and the promo is good.

Let's hope so ;) 

Fiona Apple

Let's hope so ;) 

Even if Gaga sells 1-1,5m with her next album (which is pretty much the worst thing that can happen).It still not be a huge downfall.You probably haven't seen how TRAGIC the decline of Cyndi was

monketsharona

Even if Gaga sells 1-1,5m with her next album (which is pretty much the worst thing that can happen).It still not be a huge downfall.You probably haven't seen how TRAGIC the decline of Cyndi was

Yeah you're right actually I absolutely don't know what happened with Cyndi Lauper :teehee: Actually I just know her for her iconic songs ^^

Fiona Apple

Yeah you're right actually I absolutely don't know what happened with Cyndi Lauper :teehee: Actually I just know her for her iconic songs ^^

I c :Chica: 3 or 4 albums after her debut her albums started to sell around 100k and she couldn't even enter the hot 100

Archived