music news

Katy Perry New Album Late 2016

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

OBEY

Why does she always takes these big 3 year breaks 

like sis, This Is How We Do was never going to keep you on the radio til 2016

bW5owVW.gif

She has all her other top 10s hits that radios will keep spinning, unfortunately

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kacey Elizabeth

It'll be a lot sooner.

Remember when they predicted that Prism was going to come after a long break? Then as soon as Gaga released info on ARTPOP, Katy Perry suddenly had an earlier single and album release date.

Her team can easily rush out music quicker than Gaga because she doesn't write as much and has isn't involved much with production.

I love when people talk about things that they have no idea of. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Spock

She would not dare go ahead against Taylor.

Taylor will destroy her. 

I agree Taylor would destroy her, but it's not like her team doesn't know she's also going to probably be releasing in October 2016. She has had that release pattern for ten years! They must be doing it on purpose, thinking it's going to turn out like Katy vs Gaga again or something. But they're still being stupid imo

who will love me when the night is over

Kacey Elizabeth

So glad to hear this. Now, Gaga hopefully won't have to rush too much and she'll have all the glory when LG5 releases.

I can see it now. Her lead single ends up being released just after Adele's big comeback single and it's totally overshadowed. Radio stations won't play it as much (unless she pulls some payola or cake stunt again) because of Adele (and maybe a new Gaga single, hopefully) being much more successful and because "Katy's not the It Girl anymore". I pray that this happens as karma for the ARTPOP vs PRISM mess. Katy's ARTPOP era has to arrive someday. :pray:

Is Katy even eligible for the 2016 Grammys or is TIHWD too old now? If so, this will be the first year she's not nominated.

Can't you guys just get over 2013? 

I think she'll submit The PRISMATIC World Tour concert movie for GRAMMYs and will probably get a nomination for it in the Best Music Film category.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

StrawberryBlond

She's taking surprisingly big gaps between albums these days. And it certainly feels longer because she didn't re-release Prism. This makes me all the more hopeful that Gaga will release earlier in the year, even if it's in April/May. There's so much less competition at this time. We've seen how easy it is now to get a hit if you release in January/February when most artists are too afraid to release stuff because they think people will be broke just after Christmas (ironically, that's when people might actually have money because they get gifts of money and iTunes vouchers and they'll be in the shops anyway for the sales). So many popstars release in autumn/winter and it's so annoying because usualy only one can reign and great albums get overlooked. And if you're someone like Rihanna or Taylor, people become wise to your release schedule and start releasing closer to you if they feel they stand a chance of beating you at your own game. This is why I quite like Gaga's schedule - August, November, May, November. Keeps people guessing and you never know what time frame she's going for. I feel if you get into a habit of always releasing at the same time, your work can become quite stagnant and uninspired because its become too routine.

iirc she said that at the beginning of the year, back when everyone (including her I guess) thought she was going to milk 1989 for all it was worth and tour a lot. That apparently isn't happening anymore as it looks like the tour really is ending in December. She probably is already writing and prepping, so I don't see why she wouldn't be ready for an October release after a 10 month break. 

Besides, she said the same thing during Red about her next album and still wound up releasing in October after the tour ended in April or something. I also don't see why she would want to miss the October every other year release schedule when she has been doing it for 10 years and is kind of her thing. 

As I said above, following such a strict schedule can be really bad news for an artist. I think this is why Rihanna's music quality started to slip and I think its been true for Taylor as well (fans will disagree, obviously, but this is just my opinion). With a successful era like 1989, you need to take more time to let it all sink in. I think she should either wait until 2017 for the next one or at least re-release to hold fans over until then. When an artist has such a moment, it's better to wait a while, at least 3 years, before the next one. Releasing something too soon after your peak can result in surprisingly disappointing sales and running the risk of overexposure. Norah Jones released her sophomore album less than 2 years after Come Away With Me and it sold 16 million less. You'd think releasing so soon would have really capitalised on her success, but no. After that, it was a very fast route to irrelevancy. This is why I don't support the theory that Adele's going to have another amazing era when she comes back. If even someone with the same sales released something quick and couldn't match their previous success, what hope will she have after 4+ years? The key is finding a good balance - not too early, not too soon. 2 years or less is too early, 4 years or more too late, 3 is perfect, in my view. And personally, I think Taylor could really benefit musically by taking more than two years to work on an album.

Born Brave

So have Katy Kats been calling the next album KP4 before or after Monsters started calling the next Gaga album LG5. 

Kacey Elizabeth

Her manager made mistake though, he probably meant, "the 5-10 writters per song will start writting for her this fall".

Did she write any stuff for Prism?

Yes, Katy wrote every single song on PRISM. She wrote the lyrics and melodies of only five (three with Bonnie, one with Sarah Hudson, and another one with Sia) songs on the album with other lyricists. But Katy wrote the lyrics and melodies of all other songs on the album on her own. None of Katy's songs have seven or more writers and only two songs have six writers, and that's because they had rappers featuring in them. The reason producers get songwriting credits on Katy's songs (and in general) is because they compose the instrumental track (chord progression, beats, keys, tempo, guitar strums, bass lines, keyboard/synth, etc), and for a few of her songs, one or two writers composed the instrumental tracks as well. 

Please stop being so delusional and obsessed.  

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Bleachella

As I said above, following such a strict schedule can be really bad news for an artist. I think this is why Rihanna's music quality started to slip and I think its been true for Taylor as well (fans will disagree, obviously, but this is just my opinion). With a successful era like 1989, you need to take more time to let it all sink in. I think she should either wait until 2017 for the next one or at least re-release to hold fans over until then. When an artist has such a moment, it's better to wait a while, at least 3 years, before the next one. Releasing something too soon after your peak can result in surprisingly disappointing sales and running the risk of overexposure. Norah Jones released her sophomore album less than 2 years after Come Away With Me and it sold 16 million less. You'd think releasing so soon would have really capitalised on her success, but no. After that, it was a very fast route to irrelevancy. This is why I don't support the theory that Adele's going to have another amazing era when she comes back. If even someone with the same sales released something quick and couldn't match their previous success, what hope will she have after 4+ years? The key is finding a good balance - not too early, not too soon. 2 years or less is too early, 4 years or more too late, 3 is perfect, in my view. And personally, I think Taylor could really benefit musically by taking more than two years to work on an album.

Completely agree. I feel like 1989 was lacking lyrically and sonically in comparison to her previous albums, most notably Speak Now and Red (Which you probably don't agree with, but to each their own) and I really want her to let everything sink in and take her time with finding inspirations for the music and writing everything, I really think it'll make for a more lyrically powerful album. 

JustPokeHerFace

So have Katy Kats been calling the next album KP4 before or after Monsters started calling the next Gaga album LG5. 

r8 was used before both 

Robotboy

i hope gaga releases then too, this time with a proper management and promo and you'll see the tables turn :whitney: 

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Kacey Elizabeth

Late 2016 is too far away :miley: at least Gaga will most likely release LG5 in Q2 of 2016.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

chris777

#R8 was the first of all of them tho.

StrawberryBlond

Completely agree. I feel like 1989 was lacking lyrically and sonically in comparison to her previous albums, most notably Speak Now and Red (Which you probably don't agree with, but to each their own) and I really want her to let everything sink in and take her time with finding inspirations for the music and writing everything, I really think it'll make for a more lyrically powerful album. 

Actually, I think Red was her second best album, after her debut. Honestly, I think she wrote some of her best lyrics when she was younger. All I hear on 1989 is generism and selling out and if she gets too carried away with success, it'll just get even worse next time. I hope she goes back to her roots more but she's proven such a success with her new style that I don't know if it'll happen. I know I criticise her so bad all the time but seriously, if she released more mature, meaningful songs like Safe & Sound, I would actually really like her music.

TheFame Monster

Gaga sis release the album b4 Katy! Summer 2013 was a traumatic time to be a little monster. :giveup: 

LG5 ha impact (hopefully):

gaga-boob-fireworks.gif

That wasn't Gaga's fault though. Katy wasn't even half done Prism, and then a week later Gaga announced ARTPOP along with Applause's release date. Then suddenly Katy's done with her album and ROAR is being released a week before Applause. 

Archived