OohLaLaGaGa

Featured Posts

PartySick

It's truly amazing :legend: 

The Intro :giveup:
The pounding beat :giveup:
The lyrics :giveup:
The bridge :giveup: 
The way it dies out at the end and provides a perfect transition to Dope :giveup:
The chair thing at the artRAVE :giveup: 

One of the highlights of the album for sure. :legend:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

People perhaps don't like the subject matter, that it looked as if it was a recycled track, and even Gag stopped performing it...

I however think its one of the Top 5 songs melodically as compares to the rest of the songs

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I don't think MJH would've done great commercially, which speaks volumes about its artistic value. 

The song itself is very risky and experimental. 

The lyrics are very visual, which is always great. Non-cliche and thought-provoking. Great poetry paints great mental images, and personally with MJH, I think it hit all the right spots. 

The instrumental is stellar. If you have not listened to it, I suggest that you do. Imagine if you have never heard MJH (with all the vocals) before, and stumbled upon the instrumental alone, you would never, in any right mind, have imagined that any vocals would have belonged to the song. 

I forgive the song for its "crowded-ness" (there are hardly, if not, no periods of rest in the first 2 minutes of the song) because it fits the theme. Smoking weed makes you feel high, and numbs your senses almost, kinda what this song does. 

The vocals complemented the song very well. The entire experience of it is so overwhelming that to me personally, Gaga's vocal treatment to the song sounded equivalent to her taming a loose, livid electronic beast. Epic is what this song is.

sucker-punch-dragon-fire-quest-o.gif

giphy.gif

One of the best songs Gaga has ever put out imho. I am so glad that she chose this over Brooklyn Nights. 

gagaohlala

The bridge is awful :saladga: the instrumental is good, but really not liking the way she ''sings'' during it. I would have prefer something like the ''Can't Beat The Machine'' bridge. 

Apart from thay it's just a pure perfect Gaga song ! :kissga:

The instrumental is so good, and the chorus really in your head. 

Little Monster | Diamond | Cry Baby | Lana Del Rey

The song is just too messy. You can feel the mess her life was at the time she was writing it (mid-late 2012). It feels very shallow and sad to me. 

And that bridge... :eww:

Anyway, I just don't like it. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Jay.P

MJH is one of the best from ARTPOP and one of her best songs overall.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Fiona Apple

No songs on ARTPOP except for DWUW are any good till this day.

I really can't stand the ARTPOP haters like you

Fiona Apple

BTW MJH is a good song but it would flop as a single.Maybe even worse than G.U.Y

Emvee

MJH is a hell of a song. I love her vocals, I love the verses, the chorus, the intonations... 

The bridge could've used some help, but all in all MJH is an awesome song and in my top 10 favorite Gaga songs. I would've loved to have seen a dark, sin city-type video with her in a long brunette wig. 

MJH is like Gods and Monster not a single material but a great cult hit :love:

Credits to the guy on my avi. Love his shirt!!!

XGirlfriend

MJH is a masterpiece. 

Its underrated cause its overshadowed by other big records on the album and by the time you reach it after going through dwuw and MANiCURE and Jewels N' Drugs :awkney: you kinda get tired tbh 

djBuffoon

It is an amazing ****ing song, easily one of Gaga's best overall. Smooth groove, epic production, full-bodied vocals, unforgettable chorus, impressive verses, and the bridge to end all bridges.

That said, it would never have worked as a single :( Too many squares in the world.

Kermit

I really can't stand the ARTPOP haters like you

Then sit down :excuseu:

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

BABBLYON

No songs on ARTPOP except for DWUW are any good till this day.

ummmmmmmmm no stop :saladga:

Benji

It's one of my favourites from ARTPOP but it's a tad too messy.

The lyrics are a little hit and miss but the production carries it well.

Archived