Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"He is everywhere" Gaga remembers McQueen in exclusive personal memo

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Hybrid AT

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN WAS ONE OF THE BEST, IF NOT THE BEST, DESIGNER AND HE STILL IS A LEGEND, EVEN AFTER HIS DEATH. I AM TRULY AND DEEPLY HAPPY THAT GAGA WAS BLESSED ENOUGH TO WORK WITH HIM AND MOST IMPORTANTLY TO BE CLOSE FRIENDS! MCQUEEN WAS AND IS ART, GAGA IS ART, SO TWO ARTISTIC MINDS CAME TOGETHER AND CREATED MAGIC ♥ ALEXANDER MCQUEEN WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR MINDS AND SOULS. SOMETHING TELLS ME THAT GAGA WILL WRITE A SONG, A SONG WICH WILL BE ALL ABOUT MCQUEEN FOR HER NEXT ALBUM! 

She already did. FOHL is a song about McQueen. 

OT: She writes so wonderfully well. It's heartbreaking. 

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Pierre

What a lovely read, I wonder how BTW/ARTPOP would be with McQueen alive. :giveup: 

BTW, there are only 21 pairs of Armadillo shoes, those 3 new pieces Gaga bought were exclusively designed for this auction. So, Queen :queenga: 

I tought she already owned a pair of those, the ones she wore for the VMAs and the day before with a golden jacket. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Vernier

As one of the first designers to take her seriously and give her a chance, I can see why she revered him so much :applause: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

freebit

No matter what brand Gaga will be the face of in the years to come, I always feel like she shines brightest when she's wearing McQueen.

IA, she just exemplified the line and everything he was about. This quote from McQueen especially makes me think of Gaga's own, stunning, s-xy and at times unpretty way of dressing:

"I design clothes because I don’t want women to look all innocent and naïve…I want woman to look stronger. I don’t like women to be taken advantage of. I don’t like men whistling at women in the street. I think they deserve more respect. I like men to keep their distance from women, I like men to be stunned by an entrance. I’ve seen a woman get nearly beaten to death by her husband. I know what misogyny is … I want people to be afraid of the women I dress."

Archived