Envi

Slay or Flop?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Slay or Flop?

• YES, RISE LIKE A PHOENIX!
    • NO, FLOP!

Featured Posts

InsideOutright

Gurl, pop music is just going to keep getting progressively worse, just like it has since 2011.

I thought it was pretty good in 2012-13. It just took a sharp decline in 2014 mainly due to a lack of Gaga and a few other artists, and established artists who were still churning out hits didn't have very good ones (Maroon 5).

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel Down

anyways, gaga is missing alot lately. if SIA can be both successful and artistic, why can't gaga?

Excuse me hunny, I'd like to introduce to you some both artistic and successful albums like The Fame (Monster) or BTW. Gaga has been artistic and successful throughout her whole career except for ARTPOP which wasn't as successful as the others. Yet... just to inform you, it outsold Sia's "artistic" and "successful" 1000 FOF. 

I adore Sia immeasurably. But you are so extremely negative tbh and it's apparent you aimed to cause chaos. Btw, since when is Katy Perry the next Madonna? For God's sake. No one is the next Madonna. No one needs to be. Katy has to be the first Katy Perry, and Gaga the first Gaga. Why be a replica? 

ARTUNiCORN

Excuse me hunny, I'd like to introduce to you some both artistic and successful albums like The Fame (Monster) or BTW. Gaga has been artistic and successful throughout her whole career except for ARTPOP which wasn't as successful as the others. Yet... just to inform you, it outsold Sia's "artistic" and "successful" 1000 FOF. 
I adore Sia immeasurably. But you are so extremely negative tbh and it's apparent you aimed to cause chaos. Btw, since when is Katy Perry the next Madonna? For God's sake. No one is the next Madonna. No one needs to be. Katy has to be the first Katy Perry, and Gaga the first Gaga. Why be a replica? 

thank you for this flawless brilliant post :applause::hug:

Psychedelic

I can't tell and I don't care about success but quality-wise, after all Gaga went thru in the ARTPOP era, the state of happiness she is at right now in her personal life, she's gotta be writing some pretty dope sh!t and with the comeback of RedOne as a producer and all the people she's been working with, I am sure the next album will be the best in her career, and that's a lot to say from an artist that's put out such pop gems that TFM, BTW and ARTPOP (even with its underperfomance) are!

My ears are ready to be slayed, and Gaga's bank account will be fine... so :miley: 

GagaUnderYou

I just want good music, ARTPOP was good music. I don't really care much for success for her anymore, she has enough money for her lifetime. 

Which songs has Gaga produced with him?:laughga:

The Edge of Glory, Marry The Night, Dance In the Dark, Government Hooker

Angel Down

The Edge of Glory, Marry The Night, Dance In the Dark, Government Hooker

Oh God then she should deifnitely collaborate with him again. MTN is my fav song

SEANGT

I don't think it'll be especially successful. But I'm expecting on-time, well-planned epic music videos and passionate songs and I can't wait :) 

Emvee

Why are the only options to SLAY or to FLOP? 

How about an album that goes smoothly and is brought to complete fruition? Something we haven't seen in FOUR years.

Slayer

Her sales will probably be on par with ARTPOP, possibly even less. But I don't think it will be labelled a flop, because she doesn't have such impossibly high standards to live up to anymore. 

I also hope and pray that the next era will be managed better, with more progressive music and less drama. I have a feeling the next album will be critically successful, simply because she's working with RedOne again, and let's face it, they are a match made in heaven. 

I hope Gaga surrounds herself with another dream team of people in the Haus of Gaga. As much as I like her artistic side, it needs to be honed in order to create cohesive music and performances. She needs the right people behind her.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

sorry to burst your bubble, but TFM was never artistic; it's a bit generic like The Fame, and probably the main reason why BTW was successful saleswise because it was released after TFM era (gaga's peak), given that it had front-loaded sales. 

a

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Angel Down

sorry to burst your bubble, but TFM was never artistic; it's a bit generic like The Fame, and probably the main reason why BTW was successful saleswise because it was released after TFM era (gaga's peak), given that it had front-loaded sales. 

a

Are you serious? Lmao. Wasn't TFM artistic? I think it's her most artistic work ever. Since you don't look like a Gaga stan, I'd suggest you watch some of her music videos like Bad Romance, Alejandro, Telephone. And if that's not art then you need to reevaluate your views on it. 

As for The Fame, there's one more music video you need to watch... I don't know if you have heard of it but it's called Paparazzi. Thanks :awkney:

Whispering

a

Why are you here? Did you get banned at your fave's fansite or are you just getting bored of summer break? 

You need to up your trolling game, because everyone is on to you.

heavyMetalGAGA

Everybody has different perceptions of "flopping," so I'm not sure. Her C2C and Oscar's performances alone have been enough to "slay" me for a long time. I just want an authentic album with amazing vocals for this next era. And even more importantly, I want her to feel amazing afterwards knowing she released something close to heart. 

Archived