Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift drama, Katy Perry joins

Crescent Bloom

Featured Posts

Redstreak

How does it feels to know you're wrong but still wants to be delusional ? :reductive2:

thats a very interesting perspective! Could you please pull out specific lyrics that insult Katy or drag her or diss her in any way? :O

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

thats a very interesting perspective! Could you please pull out specific lyrics that insult Katy or drag her or diss her in any way? :O

Stop acting stupid, I hate people who act stupid on purpose, we know damn well the song is dissing Katy Perry.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Redstreak

Stop acting stupid, I hate people who act stupid on purpose, we know damn well the song is dissing Katy Perry.

I agree it's about Katy but I fail to see how it's a diss, unless vague speculations that could fit almost any ended friendship is now a "diss." You kinda... need to insult the other party for it to be a diss track. That's kinda the entire point

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Robinladen

Okay, can you give me 10 more verbal warnings too ? 

Like I care about your warnings. :toofunny:

giggle.gif

The Child

giggle.gif

What are those warnings gonna do to me ? :toofunny:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Haroon

Just a quick reminder that if the bickering and hostility doesn't tone down then this thread will be locked for a bit to give you guys time to cool down :emma: 

Okay, can you give me 10 more verbal warnings too ? 

Like I care about your warnings. :toofunny:

Don't be rude when someone's giving you a word to help you stay out of trouble, you know better than that :noparty: 

Kayla

Here's what I think:

- Anaconda should have been up for VOTY, flat out. 
- Feeling Myself wasn't nominated because only Tidal users got to see the video. Can't be video of the year if barely anyone even watched it. I can't even find that ****. Nicki can sit down about that.
- Taylor was applauded for removing her music from Spotify while Tidal got dragged because Tidal's method of "putting art at the forefront" was sketchy. I personally have issues with Taylor's "defending small artists" schtick, but I won't get into that.
- Nicki WAS referring to girls like Taylor with her tweets. If you're gonna reference someone, own that **** when you're called out. Don't pull the "It wasn't about YOU!" card. Yes. It was. It was more a comment on how the industry views those things, as I'm sure Nicki doesn't have a problem with Taylor individually, but acknowledge that your comments were, to a large extent, about the video Taylor put out. 
- The way Taylor responded was cringeworthy. 

The Child

Don't be rude when someone's giving you a word to help you stay out of trouble, you know better than that :noparty: 

But Haroon, that's unfair. :noparty:

Omg every time Haroon calls me out I feel so bad, that means I really did something bad.

Sorry.

PaperIz

Just looked at the nominations and wtf kendrick, bruno, and then Taylor and kendrick. Did nicki look at who was nominated before the race thing? Mess :delete:

Kayla

My opinion on this whole mess is this.

Anaconda should have been up for video of the year. It's a no brainer, one of the biggest videos of the year and one that caused some of the biggest discussion (ranging from racial to gender discussions).

It was undeniably a huge moment and whether you loved it or hated it, you had an opinion on it.

Is it a racial thing that she wasn't nominated? I don't know, I have no idea who made the decisions and why. Other big artists have been snubbed in the past ...Baby One More Time was snubbed for video of the year in 1999 and is now one of pop culture's most iconic videos.

What I do understand is the frustration from Nicki when just last year Miley Cyrus won for Wrecking Ball the year after she twerked on stage. White girl rewarded for taking from black culture, black girl shunned.

I mean Wrecking Ball totally deserved to win last year, but Anaconda surely deserves to at least be nominated.

I think it's fair to at least question why Nicki wasn't nominated this year when she had one of the biggest videos. It's probably also pretty fair to discuss the possibility that race was a factor, especially when the past couple years we have seen like likes of Miley and Iggy take from black culture and get nominated for these awards while black artists get snubbed.

As for Taylor it wasn't her place to butt in. I don't think this was even about her ever in any way. It doesn't help for her to accuse Nicki of being against women and talk about how supportive she is of women. The discussion on Nicki's end wasn't about how she was against any particular girl, it was about racial politics and the privilege of white women over black women.

I definitely agree with all of this. 

Yanko

Here's what I think:

- Anaconda should have been up for VOTY, flat out. 
- Feeling Myself wasn't nominated because only Tidal users got to see the video. Can't be video of the year if barely anyone even watched it. I can't even find that ****. Nicki can sit down about that.
- Taylor was applauded for removing her music from Spotify while Tidal got dragged because Tidal's method of "putting art at the forefront" was sketchy. I personally have issues with Taylor's "defending small artists" schtick, but I won't get into that.
- Nicki WAS referring to girls like Taylor with her tweets. If you're gonna reference someone, own that **** when you're called out. Don't pull the "It wasn't about YOU!" card. Yes. It was. It was more a comment on how the industry views those things, as I'm sure Nicki doesn't have a problem with Taylor individually, but acknowledge that your comments were, to a large extent, about the video Taylor put out. 
- The way Taylor responded was cringeworthy. 

im all out of likes :applause:

DiscoHeaven23

Just watched The View, and Whoopi Goldberg, Raven Symone, and Debra Roberts (journalist) made Nicki look like a fool. Some things they said were...

-The video was tasteless 

-Beyonce was nominated so she can't play that card.

-And Nicki needs to be more gracious. She got other nominations

FameHungry

See, how is complaining about it gonna change anything though? You weren't nominated, get over it. It's just the VMA's like :laughga:

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived