💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift drama, Katy Perry joins

Crescent Bloom

Featured Posts

Paper Gangsta

This is accurate as of 2010.... as far as I know Twitter has grown in the last 5 years from probably all demographics :emma:

I didn't cite my sources but I just did some basic census population of white people vs black people in america and then related it to the statistics on twitter users that are white vs black... For the recordthough, black people representing 25% of twitter users (in america) is still overshadowed by the ~50% of twitter users being white, so im not sure how being especially vocal or represented really sways anything in terms of bias. Maybe thats not what you were arguing in the first place though, so I will concede your point.

I'm personally more interested in the fact that the GP will see Nicki's statements as validation of the angry black woman stereotype, as some media has already been portraying her as and will continue to ignore the real problems she posited with the industry (even if they weren't specifically disadvantaging her :smh: ) But thats not really a discussion for this reply, so I won't get off topic :rip: 

She just used these "real problems" to play a victim. She is hypocrite, all she cares is success. Same with charts when she flops she blames stans for caring about charts but few weeks later her instagram turns into"nicki chart updates"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

Then you should follow your own advice and stfu because it takes a special kind of stupid to think that this and Bad Blood are the same thing :toofunny:

And as many people, including me, have said in this thread, BB was not about dragging Katy at all. Next

And how is Bad Blood not about dragging Katy ? Please stop the delusion.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

insight

so funny seeing these girls getting worked up about the VMA nominations. They're not as prestigious as they used to be.

BornSimon

**** them skinny b---hes
**** them skinny b---hes in the club
**** you if you skinny b---hes. What? Yeah Ha ha ha

Any woman who writes songs like that doesn't deserve much respect IN MY OPINION.

Nicki was clearly attention-seeking yesterday and YES she had Taylor in mind while writing those tweets, maybe not ONLY Taylor but she definitely thought of her because THEN she mentioned the fact that Taylor got praised for taking her music off Spotify while she (and others including Madonna who's WHITE) got dragged for Tidal.

She brought up the whole racism issue to make a bigger point because the whole thing escalated and she wanted to look a little smarter, but in reality she's just pressed her crap (again, it's MY opinion) video wasn't nominated for Video Of The Year. Like that award actually meant something. Tons of artists get snubbed every year and no one gives a ****. SHE is the spoilt child who threw her toys out of the pram the moment she knew she wasn't nominated.

MTV has never been racist, and they will probably give her an award just to shut her up now.

Alien Tulip

I still cant believe how embarrassing nicki minaj and I commented in this thread several times but damn I'm still embarrassed for her. The fact that her dumb ass made it a race issue says a lot about her insecure self. She was clearly subtle directing taylor swift but acted like a punk ass b---h when taylor tweeted her. Man up and stand by your opinions dumb ass. 

Bebe

My opinion on this whole mess is this.

Anaconda should have been up for video of the year. It's a no brainer, one of the biggest videos of the year and one that caused some of the biggest discussion (ranging from racial to gender discussions).

It was undeniably a huge moment and whether you loved it or hated it, you had an opinion on it.

Is it a racial thing that she wasn't nominated? I don't know, I have no idea who made the decisions and why. Other big artists have been snubbed in the past ...Baby One More Time was snubbed for video of the year in 1999 and is now one of pop culture's most iconic videos.

What I do understand is the frustration from Nicki when just last year Miley Cyrus won for Wrecking Ball the year after she twerked on stage. White girl rewarded for taking from black culture, black girl shunned.

I mean Wrecking Ball totally deserved to win last year, but Anaconda surely deserves to at least be nominated.

I think it's fair to at least question why Nicki wasn't nominated this year when she had one of the biggest videos. It's probably also pretty fair to discuss the possibility that race was a factor, especially when the past couple years we have seen like likes of Miley and Iggy take from black culture and get nominated for these awards while black artists get snubbed.

As for Taylor it wasn't her place to butt in. I don't think this was even about her ever in any way. It doesn't help for her to accuse Nicki of being against women and talk about how supportive she is of women. The discussion on Nicki's end wasn't about how she was against any particular girl, it was about racial politics and the privilege of white women over black women.

Bradley

My opinion on this matter:

I personally do not believe that MTV was being racist, as several black artists such as Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar have been nominated. It's 2015, as much as you want to claim that racism still exists, I do think you might be right, but in terms of music, I think black people are treated fairly enough to be considered equal. There have been tons of black musicians being celebrated and recognized for the past century.

However, I do give props to Nicki for shading MTV. I think MTV has been ridiculous in making nomination decisions. I cannot accept 7/11 being nominated for Video of the Year when Anaconda was snubbed. Anaconda was a catchy song, it actually received a Grammy nomination, and just because the song is about booty doesn't mean it's a bad song.  I hate it when people degrade a song just by judging based on grounds of its lyrics or theme. It's like "oh you look good, you must sing bad". "You got great boobs? You must not be talented." I personally believe that a song can be equally good regardless of the theme or lyrics. Now I know VMAs is about videos but the song is actually a big part of their consideration I believe and what I stated above applies to videos as well. Anaconda's impact and popularity were clearly huger than 7/11's. Anaconda was one massive highlight of Nicki Minaj's career, can't MTV just acknowledge that? Do they really have to give the nomination to Beyonce just because she's Beyonce when 7/11, the homemade video is one tiny part of Bey's career in comparison with the impact Anaconda had?

I also want to reflect this to Lady Gaga:

I do agree that all 2014 VOTY nominations were all huge so this kind of justifies why Applause wasn't being nominated, but she was still snubbed for Best Pop Video and Best Female Video clearly. Why? Because she was Lady Gaga, the artist that everyone loved to bash and criticize in 2013. I originally didn't think this point could stand but as 2015's events occurred, MTV proved to us that they judge the artist not the quality of videos themselves. Thus I think Lady Gaga was indeed snubbed for Applause.

Also, can we please appreciate how civilized and positive Lady Gaga is, as an individual? Katy Perry tweeted about her Roar snub, Nicki now tweeted of her Anaconda snub, Lady Gaga is the only artist who reacted positively towards her snubs. I mean this woman deserves high respect for her demeanor and her endeavors. I really hope the critics, MTV and all other award shows can see through this and acknowledge her in the future.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, GAGA HASN'T BEEN NOMINATED SINCE 2012. IT'S 2015 TODAY. IF THEY KEEP DOING THIS, LEGENDS WILL NEVER BE PRODUCED AFTER MICHAEL JACKSON. LADY GAGA IS UNDERRATED.

Sorry for the long post.

Bradley

we pretty much have the same opinion regarding it's not much of a racial issue :)

Alcina Dimitrescu

Nicki is annoying and stupid, Taylor a petty b---h, the sky is blue and rain is wet.

Yanko

I hope Nicki wins something so I can see what she tweets after that.

i bet theyll give her all 2 vmas so she will  shut up

:deadbanana: like nicki please

wasnt toxic snubbed as well? 

Sugarfall

i bet theyll give her all 2 vmas so she will  shut up

:deadbanana: like nicki please

wasnt toxic snubbed as well? 

Yes, the betrayal :'( 

I can't believe she got VOTY for ****ing Piece Of Me, but BOMT, OIDIA and Toxic all lost/weren't nominated :lmao: 

Yanko

Yes, the betrayal :'( 

I can't believe she got VOTY for ****ing Piece Of Me, but BOMT, OIDIA and Toxic all lost/weren't nominated :lmao: 

vmas make no sense 

Sugarfall

vmas make no sense 

Her label worked so hard to get Britney a huge come back in 2008, they probably paid for Piece of Me to win the biggest award of the night :rip: It was also her 1st VMA, WTF she brought VMAs so many iconic moments in early 00s and they always ignored her.

At least she looked good :flutter: 

britney-spears-vma08-82713397-getty.jpg

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived