💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift drama, Katy Perry joins

Crescent Bloom

Featured Posts

Redstreak

Don't see the a--logy.

Just because there is racism, doesn't mean you should invoke it at every personal slight, even when it doesn't fit the case - namely, a VMA nom slate that was very fair to blacks overall (including curvy black females).

It's more of the fact that you're just very dismissive of an issue someone feels passionately about. I don't have an opinion on whether race had to do with her lack of a nom or not, that's not for me to decide, I don't deal with the intricacies of the music industry or its media coverage first hand to even begin having an opinion on how to perceive this. I'm just always rubbed the wrong way when you're so wishy-washy blasé about nearly every time these discussions take place.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

black twitter+tumblr doesn't = the GP

the actual GP are siding with Tay

Yes, I've read that blacks are at least double represented on twitter compared to actual numbers in US population, and Taylor's girl fans are rather shy about stan stuff and internet argument.

ItsTommyBitch

i dont think this will harm her career that much or at all

i just dont want her fueding with taylor 

I was like half kidding actually :hunty: 

But yeah :emma: 

I do think Nicki is being a bit petty if she's only upset because anaconda wasn't actually nominated, but if she was referring to Miley as the skinny woman who literally won VOTY for a similarly "trashy" presence (minus being black :sis:) then her point stands and Taylor was simply interjecting to something that wasn't even directed @ ha and preaching ha white feminism :smh: 

Nicki's message about Tidal was just flat out wrong though :rip: like its pretty hard to cast a shadow of a doubt of how likely racism is into why Tidal is a flop :smh: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Oblivion

She's right and Taylow Swift is mad because she got like nomination in literally almost every possible category?I'm confused why she didn't get nomited in Rock, like Bad Blood is so rock edgy song...

ItsTommyBitch

Yes, I've read that blacks are at least double represented on twitter compared to actual numbers in US population, and Taylor's fans are rather shy about stan stuff and internet argument.

Double represented despite being under 20% of the population... :saladga: 

This is even assuming a zero-sum game.. This doesn't account for all of the institutions positioned against black people that would prohibit them from being in a privileged position to like, be on twitter or be able to afford a smart phone, etc in the first place :rip: While this might not be a super numerically discernable distinction, its still relevant..

Even if 70% of White America is on twitter, thats still 70% of ~250 million compared to lets say 60% of Black America, or 60% of ~40 million. It's simply not true or possible from a statistical perspective. 

Maybe Black people are simply more vocal on issues that actually affect them and they are skewing how the "general public" sees them on twitter and social media in terms of representation. It's not a definite reason, but It's pretty plausible and reasonable. Idk if I'd say they are 'double represented" though in light of the ~145 million more white people on twitter in America alone. It's more likely we just see it that way :shrug: 

I'm not going to make assumptions about Taylor Swift's stanbase and accuse them of a specific herd-like mentality, but they are a stan base and ive personally seen them totally destroy and dox people who hate on ha before, so its at least possible. I mean, some people are flat out insulting Nicki like she murdered someone and some of them people are die hard Taylor fans who weren't even willing to acknowledge that her point about white media in the music industry is a legitimate one because they were blinded by their favoritism... (even if whether or not it applies to ha anaconda snub is unlikely or at least up for debate :rip:)

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Double represented despite being under 20% of the population... :saladga: 

Maybe Black people are simply more vocal on issues that actually affect them and they are skewing how the "general public" sees them on twitter and social media in terms of representation. It's not a definite reason, but It's pretty plausible and reasonable. Idk if I'd say they are 'double represented" though in light of the ~145 million more white people on twitter in America alone. It's more likely we just see it that way :shrug: 

Here is a source, I'm not relying purely on personal impressions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-study-results-2010-4

ItsTommyBitch

Here is a source, I'm not relying purely on personal impressions.

http://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-study-results-2010-4

This is accurate as of 2010.... as far as I know Twitter has grown in the last 5 years from probably all demographics :emma:

I didn't cite my sources but I just did some basic census population of white people vs black people in america and then related it to the statistics on twitter users that are white vs black... For the recordthough, black people representing 25% of twitter users (in america) is still overshadowed by the ~50% of twitter users being white, so im not sure how being especially vocal or represented really sways anything in terms of bias. Maybe thats not what you were arguing in the first place though, so I will concede your point.

I'm personally more interested in the fact that the GP will see Nicki's statements as validation of the angry black woman stereotype, as some media has already been portraying her as and will continue to ignore the real problems she posited with the industry (even if they weren't specifically disadvantaging her :smh: ) But thats not really a discussion for this reply, so I won't get off topic :rip: 

monketsharona

My opinion on this (now I've read everything about it)

First of all I have to say I'm a huge Nicki Minaj fan. But I'm not really glad of what she said yesterday.

To me she sounds like a whiny and jeoulous girl. I'm ok racism exists, but please it's not like she has NO nomination this year. And Beyoncé (a black and not thin girl) has also 5 nominations !

Other artists has been completely snubbed like Britney and Madonna. Lady gaga has also been snubbed in the past and she didn't make a scandal about it, and she had far better videos than Anaconda :miley:...

To me Anaconda is not worthy for a video of the year; She has to deal with it. I love Nicki, but most of her videos last year were f*cking boring. Anaconda is not even a good video. So Nicki, you want video of the year : work b---h !

Just for that childish behavior, I hope she'll get no award. To me she's shooting herself in the foot.

Oh yeah and I forgot : what the f*ck is she talking about Taylor being cheered for leaving Spotify and Tidal artists being booed... Gosh there's no link with VMA. Just a way to shade Taylor just because she's jealous. You need to grow up Nicki your 30 now !

The Child

I'm having the time of my life, the bruno's tweet, Katy Perry favorites it, Kim posts a pic with Imma let you finish.:smh:

Destroy each other in front of everyone, leave room for Gaga to get some success with the next album. :teehee:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child

Taylor collecting material for the next album, I see :

First Calvin Harris' breakup to happen son, now Blad Blood 2.0 feat Lil' Kim

And this : 

11420934_860513284013966_1627796557_n.jp

:sharon:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Paper Gangsta

Black female rappers logic : you don't get what u wanted : blame it on racism

Gurl there is no any racism. Anaconda video is ****ty and it's your fault that video of u and Bey eating burgers was TIDAL exclusive.

Kendrick got 20 nominations, so it's definitely not a race thing. 4/5 VOTY nominations are by black artists. Beyonce got 5 nominations for home video...

Stop, you're just embarrassing yourself. This is even worse than Medonsters claiming Madonna didnt win nomination cause of ageism

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived