Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift drama, Katy Perry joins

Crescent Bloom

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity

Are you stupid? The point of the video was to prove how crazy the double racial standard is. How white women in thongs have reclaimed their s-xuality in pop music/culture the past decades. When she released the single cover for Anaconda she made it very clear it was done on purpose. She showed the world how mainstream media censored the single cover just because it was her, a black woman with a big ass. They however, don't censor skinny white women in that very same thong. Instead, they celebrate that as "empowering". When a white woman takes off her clothes in her imagery, like Gaga did many times, it is seen as empowering and emancipating. That woman is celebrating her s-xuality on her own terms, indeed, good for her. But when Nicki does it, because she is black, a rapper and considered "ratchet", all of a sudden she is "sh*tty and messy" according to you. Check yourself.Anaconda is fun, catchy, slutty but it's cultural impact is much deeper and Nicki herself has said all of this yet few of you seem to know that.

tumblr_nm94axrMMQ1r83d7lo2_1280.png

Thank you for insulting me in yoir first sentence. Proves your level of debating.

Yeah because Gaga's DWUW cover want censored on youtube right? And the ARTPOP cover wasn't censored in many countries?

And I don't give a **** about Gaga being extra s-xual in videos like, let's say, Alejandro. Because, appart from s-x, there is much more.

And don't come to me with "because she is black". 

Cultural impact... omg... 

All of you people saying that Nicki needs to hush and be quiet, you are literally being BRAINWASHED by white media. Because a black woman, has an opinion that is hard to swallow, everyone wants to shut her down. This is literally white media wants you to do. Tell the black women to shut up so you can all sleep easier living in a society where black people will always  only ever be looked upon as not worthy.

yes, because Miley, a white skinny b---h (like Nicki likes to call them) doesnt get blackash for being s-xual. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

And Taylor literally spilling about who the Artist is and making it clear it was Katy in an interview. 

But yeah be happy Taylor got lucky she was nominated for Bad Blood, it's basically a trailer for a straight to DVD movie full of D list stars and her vocals are the only reach here, when she's desperately trying to reach those notes in the prechorus.

Kendrick should've never been a part of it.

Hmm not really... the only time she talked about it was during that RS interview before the album came out where she did not mention her and made no allusion at all. The fans on tumblr deduced it was her, the media rolled with it and the one who actually confirmed it was that Katy bottom dancer who later deleted his tweets. Oh, and Katy later shot herself in the foot with all that shade that backfired

DN6vJ73.gif

this is the second time I see you try with that stale shade. People obviously liked that DVD movie trailer full of D listers, since it broke your precious Onika's record (blocking her for the nth time btw), went #1 and helped push even more copies of an already 5M seller in the US alone

who will love me when the night is over

Are you kidding me? Who decides that? The MTV Jury of Professional Video Watchers? It's not the Academy Awards, it's the VMA's. Miley won last year and everyone knew she would. Why? Cause it had the most impact, broke records and made the entire Western world talk. It was Terry Richardson's video debut and the set was literally her and a ball with very simple cinematography. I love Miley and the video but how exactly does THAT qualify as the "best" video? It was best video because she released that very simple yet powerful video at the exact right time and pushed everyone's buttons just like Nicki did with Anaconda.

I might as well leave this thread now, nothing I can add to this

(I'll stay though :lolly:)

PicklePower

VIDEO OF THE YEARBeyoncé – “7/11”
Ed Sheeran – “Thinking Out Loud”
Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar – “Bad Blood”
Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars – “Uptown Funk”
Kendrick Lamar – “Alright”

Those are the noms for Video of the Year. Taylor is telling her that one of the men probably took her spot so that's why she's not nominated.

I still don't get how it's shade :saladga: 

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

Kulture Kiari

Are you stupid? The point of the video was to prove how crazy the double racial standard is. How white women in thongs have reclaimed their s-xuality in pop music/culture the past decades. When she released the single cover for Anaconda she made it very clear it was done on purpose. She showed the world how mainstream media censored the single cover just because it was her, a black woman with a big ass. They however, don't censor skinny white women in that very same thong. Instead, they celebrate that as "empowering". When a white woman takes off her clothes in her imagery, like Gaga did many times, it is seen as empowering and emancipating. That woman is celebrating her s-xuality on her own terms, indeed, good for her. But when Nicki does it, because she is black, a rapper and considered "ratchet", all of a sudden she is "sh*tty and messy" according to you. Check yourself.Anaconda is fun, catchy, slutty but it's cultural impact is much deeper and Nicki herself has said all of this yet few of you seem to know that.

tumblr_nm94axrMMQ1r83d7lo2_1280.png

What Nicki says about the video does not reflect that on her video. I see nothing but a trashy video. Thats like me making a s-x video with, IDK, Frank Ocean, and slapping him, spitting on him, calling him fag, and then going to the media and saying THAT VIDEO WITH OCEAN, IS REALLY EMPOWERING! IT SHOWS HOW IT'S OK TO BE GAY, HOW TWO RACES CAN GET ALONG AND HAVE FUN. So no, sit down. Regardless of what Nicki said, her video is nothing but trash and didnt have any positive - learning impact. 

Andreyw

Mess at Nicki complaining about being snubbed :rip: girl...with that trash video, be happy that you received any nominations at all

also , at that Azealia tweet.... delusional as always :toofunny: never change ,Azealia, never change :toofunny: 

I find it ridiculous how Taylor Swift is trying to tell people about pitting women against each other when her whole new single is about trying to start a war with another woman and getting a whole army of women to fight against each other.

Morphine Prince

What Nicki says about the video does not reflect that on her video. I see nothing but a trashy video. Thats like me making a s-x video with, IDK, Frank Ocean, and slapping him, spitting on him, calling him fag, and then going to the media and saying THAT VIDEO WITH OCEAN, IS REALLY POWERING! IT SHOWS HOW IT'S OK TO BE GAY, HOW TO RACES CAN GET ALONG AND HAVE FUN. So no, sit down. Regardless of what Nicki said, her video is nothing but trash and didnt have any positive - learning impact. 

:lmao: 

Tumblr

Hmm not really... the only time she talked about it was during that RS interview before the album came out where she did not mention her and made no allusion at all. The fans on tumblr deduced it was her, the media rolled with it and the one who actually confirmed it was that Katy bottom dancer who later deleted his tweets. Oh, and Katy later shot herself in the foot with all that shade that backfired

DN6vJ73.gif

this is the second time I see you try with that stale shade. People obviously liked that DVD movie trailer full of D listers, since it broke your precious Onika's record (blocking her for the nth time btw), went #1 and helped push even more copies of an already 5M seller in the US alone

Taylor made it clear it was her because Taylor and Katy were the only pop girls (well whatever Taylor wanted to call herself that year, country, pop, flop?) who's tours overlapped. So don't try it with Taylor being innocent.

My shade is true so I'll tell it again and again.

But this off topic so back on topic:

Taylor needs to get her nose out of everything and go back to screaming like a cat in the studio booth or whatever she does.. 

pmeRAj.gif

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Bleachella

I find it ridiculous how Taylor Swift is trying to tell people about pitting women against each other when her whole new single is about trying to start a war with another woman and getting a whole army of women to fight against each other.

She never named who it was about.. She's not pitting herself and Katy Perry against eachother, the MEDIA did that. She described the song as "A different kind of heartbreak" about a friend that did something horrible to her.

The video is just for fun, to suit the song, you using that logic is like saying 'Gaga hates God because she swallowed a rosary in Alejandro' :smh:

Vernier

As an aside, I just hope the people involved in Tidal aren't as oblivious to why it obviously failed like Nicki is. Nothing worse than not learning from your mistakes :smh:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Taylor made it clear it was her because Taylor and Katy were the only pop girls (well whatever Taylor wanted to call herself that year, country, pop, flop?) who's tours overlapped. So don't try it with Taylor being innocent.

Taylor needs to get her nose out of everything and go back to screaming like a cat in the studio booth or whatever she does.. 

pmeRAj.gif

It's actually really funny how if this was a completely different pop star replying to CLEAR SHADE everyone would live. Taylor was in her own lane into Nicki decided to swerve right into Taylor's lane. Taylor made a classy response and then proceeded to log off of twitter while Nikki still had her phone in her hand tweeting sh*t. I'm sorry but Taylor was in the right to responding. 

SissyFromSpace

And nicki deadass accepted a bet award and asked "what award is this for?" on live television but wants to cry foul over a vma nomination. It's obvious which audience she values more so this outrage looks like a crock of ****. 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Tumblr

There is no unified "white media." Liberal and conservative media is VERY different on race. Many on the left will bend over backwards to side with the black in any mess like this, which perhaps is why Nicki is dragging race into it.

You know nothing about anything so go away

Mariah - Ariana - Rihanna

Spock

pmeRAj.gif

lmao, besides reporting you for off topic salty flamebait, I'm going to let you know that you're being totally wrong because I never said that Taylor was innocent, just that she mentioned it once without alluding while presssed Katy and her pressed team made a huge deal out of it :kissga:

who will love me when the night is over

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Admin unlocked this topic

Archived