Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift drama, Katy Perry joins

Crescent Bloom

Featured Posts

jojuun

Says the kid using The Daily Mail comments as a source to back up his delusion. You tried kid. 

It was meant as a response for Lance and his DailyMail thread bashing Nicki. It got merged so it's gone now. Again, where were you then? Oh yeah, busy "living your life" but you've been in this thread an hour now. Bye!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yanko

omg Kingsley :giveup: 

he was on point

nicki should just apologize  and move on

its a ****ing moon man  for ****s sake 

Redstreak

he was on point

nicki should just apologize  and move on

its a ****ing moon man  for ****s sake 

I think Tay should apologize too. Even if I feel she was justified in thinking it was her, she shouldn't have butt in. But the media backlash kinda makes me want her to just ignore it :poordat: 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Yanko

I think Tay should apologize too. Even if I feel she was justified in thinking it was her, she shouldn't have butt in. But the media backlash kinda makes me want her to just ignore it :poordat: 

vma is living rn tho :poordat:  

Haroon

@jojuun Merged your thread. Please don't make threads to "combat" others, this isn't a thread battle or something :deadbanana: 

Guys please stop making threads on this same topic from different opinions, keep it in this thread or don't post it at all :cryga: 

Alien Tulip

Just watched The View, and Whoopi Goldberg, Raven Symone, and Debra Roberts (journalist) made Nicki look like a fool. Some things they said were...

-The video was tasteless 

-Beyonce was nominated so she can't play that card.

-And Nicki needs to be more gracious. She got other nominations

They're right. I was listening to Z100 earlier and they were saying Nicki embarrassed herself and she acted really strange. It was almost like watching 2007 Britney take over Nicki's body and have a meltdown on twitter. This black woman called into the radio and she spoke the truth saying that nicki just wanted attention and she pulled the race card that way she can get talked about because the lack of nominations of Anaconda had nothing to do with skin color at all. 

Maybe a bit of media backlash, for once, will do her some good. :later:

StrawberryBlond

I'm pleased to see that the public's reaction to this is 50% in both directions and basically amounting to "they're both in the wrong" because that's exactly what I feel. Nicki shouldn't have whined in the first place, she shouldn't have made it about race, gender and body image and she shouldn't have spoken to Taylor like she did. But Taylor shouldn't have even started answering her in the first place: for someone who makes a point of not dissing other celebrities so openly, she should've known this wasn't a battle to pick. She was also being a hypocrite for saying Nicki shouldn't be dissing other women when her current single is about a totally irrelevant feud with another female singer. Her also saying that she's invite Nicki on stage if she won was also very patronising and shows how full of herself she really is (I always knew she wasn't genuinely shocked when she won awards). Both are in the wrong in different ways. And I'm glad the public's picking up on that. The way celebrities feud really is pathetic. Watch Taylor make Bad Blood 2.0 in 3..2..1...

I notice that Nicki is perfectly fine to court white media when it benefits her career. She'll release dance pop tunes to pull in a white fanbase, she'll promote herself on white chatshow host shows, she'll go on Ellen to meet her white kid fans and be all cute...but when she doesn't get the nomination she wants from an awards show, she's suddenly cursing white media and saying how it uses tactics to keep black people down. Do I think some elements of the media are racist? Definitely. But this was clearly not one of those times. Looks like she'll only stand up for inequality when she's personally feeling dissed. And she got other nominations too! But throws her toys out the pram because she didn't get the specific one she wanted? Take a seat.

Piers Morgan wrote a piece about her and he said some stuff I didn't know about her. He said before she was famous that she got fired from Red Lobster for "discourtesy to customers," and added that she herself had stated that she'd been fired from a further fifteen or so jobs for the same reason. And that when he asked her backstage of America's Got Talent for a photo with his sons, she said no even though she was lounging on a couch doing nothing. She really is a stroppy little madam, isn't she? Some people would call people like her insecure but I actually think this shows someone has dangerously high levels of ego. If you think that the only reasons someone wouldn't like you is for your race/gender/body type, then you have one hell of an attitude problem. And when other people support you in your thinking, it breeds seriously bad attitudes all round.

Melech

All of them acting like 15 years old teenagers. 

Well its the group they mainly make music for. 

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived