Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift drama, Katy Perry joins

Crescent Bloom

Featured Posts

Yanko

Its because of these two tweets from Nicki:

"If your video celebrates women with very slim bodies, you will be nominated for vid of the year"

"I'm so glad u guys get to see how this stuff works. Taylor took her music off spotify and was applauded. We launched Tidal & were dragged."

she tweeted these after taylor responded and media picked it up 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

she tweeted these after taylor responded and media picked it up 

Just the last one, not the first one.

Paper Gangsta

These arejudgments of her character but I'm not going to get into them personally cause I don't know her...:emma: 

My real question is why are "real problems" in quotation marks, because they are definitely real, demonstrable problems and stretch of the imagination required to see them :saladga: 

lmao I put them in quoation cause its often used so its more like a term if you know what i mean. Like I'm not using quotation marks to discredit these problems. Also my point was that Nicki uses these problems not cause she cares for them bur cause she is trying to play victim and trying to find excuse for her actions.

VMAs nominations had nothing to do with racism, nor s-xism, nor ageism nor anyone was discriminated based on their grounds.

Its because of these two tweets from Nicki:

"If your video celebrates women with very slim bodies, you will be nominated for vid of the year"

"I'm so glad u guys get to see how this stuff works. Taylor took her music off spotify and was applauded. We launched Tidal & were dragged."

she was talking about mtv vma system in general but i see why taylor would feel that it was about her

oh i see now why... 

its really normal for nicki to get pressed cuz she has many featuring videos dropped this past months like the  Hey Mama, BIM, Feelin Myself,+ the vids from Pinkprint ...

they're basics though

The Lady and the Legend coming soon.

Yanko

Just the last one, not the first one.

yeah i laready gave x those 2 tweets that were shady before taylor responded 

Whispering

yeah i laready gave x those 2 tweets that were shady before taylor responded 

I just see the one you posted. Where is the other one? 

That's why I added the second one. 

SissyFromSpace

Don’t play the race or skinny cards, Ms Minaj - you’re just a stroppy little piece of work whose video wasn’t as good as Taylor Swift’s
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3171096/PIERS-MORGAN-Don-t-play-race-skinny-cards-Ms-Minaj-just-stroppy-piece-work-video-wasn-t-good-Taylor-Swift-s.html#ixzz3gdnfrHSh

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Can we not just keep all of this to their own thread:saladga:

OT: If this came from anyone else I would care, but its Piers Morgan :saladga:

StrawberryBlond

What you're saying is that she should be ashamed of her body and cover it up lol

It's not like some old white exec guy at the label forced Nicki into this, she's obviously proud of her body and finds it empowering to show it off and be an overtly s-xual being, and that's her choice. Same with the other ladies in the video.

I think the particular reaction to the video (like yours) that she should just PUT SOME DAMN CLOTHES ON is far more s-xist. You must think Gaga is s-xist too with the amount of flesh she shows and s-xual content in her music/performances/videos?

Also lol at your dismissal of the stats and saying people "definitely more people dislike the video"... based on what? You literally made a thread dismissing the success of artists using chart and sales statistics against them, you can't pick and choose when numbers count. Your bias is consistently and truly astounding, your opinion is so unreliable.

I'm not saying that at all. This is the first place people jump to when anyone dares to show disapproval for anything s-xual - they must be a prude. Like there couldn't be any other reason.

You don't have to be forced into doing something to be s-xualised, you can s-xualise yourself. The problem is that for women, overt s-xuality isn't just an option, it's pretty much a requirement in the media and in life, really. The media s-xualise women at every turn, even if they're in something serious like politics. It would be different if women could express themselves however they wanted and get respect for that, but the message loud and clear is that if you're not young and hot with the perfect body, you're not worth caring about. It's very difficult to have the confidence to express yourself in other ways when being repeatedly hit over the head with the message from every outlet that being hot and s-xy is the only way to be empowered.

I didn't say anything about her putting clothes on. It's the biggest misconception that everyone who complains about s-xual content must be against s-xual expression. I love s-xual expression provided it's put down in an intelligent, talented way. Some of my favourite Gaga songs are the ones about s-x. As long as the song has a good beat, has good lyrics and presents s-xuality in a respectful way, I'm fine with it. There are even some songs particularly in rock and rap that are so good that I overlook how objectifying they are. Nicki's song has a terrible beat that flat-out copies the track she's sampling, has terrible lyrics and presents s-xuality in a very degrading way. It's not intelligent or showcases her talent, it's not even s-xy or funny. It's just a dumb anthem for people with bad taste. When the song gives me nothing, I naturally focus heavily on the degrading elements of the song and video even more. If the song was actually good, I would give it more of a pass.

Sometimes, you just know how things work. You can look at ratios and determine stuff from them. Not everyone in the world has a YouTube account and even the ones who do, the majority of them don't rate videos at all or even login. Therefore, you can never trust the stats completely. I've seen some music videos with barely any dislikes despite the video being criticised heavily from all corners of the internet. It's because some people base their judgement on what they've heard because they can't face looking up something so terrible sounding or they watched it once but never bothered rating it and weren't even logged in. Over 400 million views for Anaconda and only 3 million or so ratings combined, so clearly, the majority who watch aren't giving their opinion. So, you look at the ratio, look at the gap between likes and dislikes and work out what the real figures would be if everyone submitted a rating. You only have to see the hammering Anaconda got from every corner of the internet to work out that it was almost universally hated. Everything about this song is an affront to good taste, especially that terrible laugh. Most people won't like a song like this because it doesn't fufil the criteria of what we're conditioned to believe is a good song, the exact opposite in fact.

Spock

I love Nicki, and even though last night was a mess, I cackled. But where are the lies?

who will love me when the night is over

darkchylde

"Don’t play the race or skinny cards" 

Because being black or a women does not affect your work experience in the music industry at all!

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived