šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"She created the world we live in," Diplo says about Madonna

Jjang

Featured Posts

Whispering

This is the exact same information from the unupdatedĀ ATRL Rebel Heart Tour thread.

Do they usually haveĀ accurate information? At least in thatĀ thread?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jjang

Do they usually haveĀ accurate information? At least in this thread?

No clue, the only time I ever tracked a tour thread there was for the Born This Way Ball and that one definitely had someĀ flawed figures.

Is Madonnanation even that reliableĀ for that sort of stuff? GGD literally reports some Madonna stuff before them :smh:Ā 

Whispering

No clue, the only time I ever tracked a tour thread there was for the Born This Way Ball and that one definitely had someĀ flawed figures.

I don't know either. The list came from MadonnaNation, so I assume ATRL has some members who are also members there, and they brought it over to ATRL to discuss.Ā 

djBuffoon

If she would produce music that didn't sound like Ke$ha outtakes from the Cannibal era, then people would take her more seriously. She deserves nothing but respect as an icon and a legend, but these last two albums were limp.

JusKeepBreathin

Yes Diplo! Defend the Queen of the Universe.

tumblr_lyybyt1fqn1qa2ylwo1_1280.jpg

Truth be told, Madonna is the most important popstar ever. She single handedly changed popculture Ā forever. From female s-xuality to mixing theater with music for her tours, introducing story-telling videos... She was the first to do it and one of the only legends who never self-destructed. One of the few legends alive today, period. It's her, Paul McCartney, Cher, Tony Bennett, Aretha FranklinĀ and Elton John.

Respect is due. She changed the world.

I'm going have to say MJ and Prince beat her to mixing theatre with music forĀ tours and story telling too. She even has even said herself she was influenced by them when putting together her Like A Virgin Tour.Ā Maybe she was the firstĀ female to do it. Maybe I am wrong but the first video that Madonna did that told a cinematic story was Papa Don't Preach. Yes, MadonnaĀ is due respect for her success, but she wasn't the first to do the things you said.

By the way here is aĀ couple things Cher did first.

1. Televised concert special

2. Drag queens on a nationally televised special (LGBT pride).Ā 

3. Provocative outfits.

4. Big propsĀ 

5. IncorporatingĀ pop culture into her shows.

Cher Take Me Home TourĀ 1979-1982 Filmed in 1981 for Showtime.Ā 

Ā 

Madonna never hardly mentions women as her influences, but in this Cher tour alone there are aspects that Madonna has used in tours and videos.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

xeynuraf

Ā She hasn't done anything useful for LGBT or Aids in the past 10+ yrs.

Ā 

Is so scary to read stuff like this. Madonna has contributed in many ways through the years to the lgbt community when we needed it the most and in moments in time that wasn't acceptable. do you know how many AMFAR awards she has gotten for her philanthropic contributions to aids? did you know that some of the closest people in Madonna's life have died of aids? truth or dare was screened this week at Outfest in L.A. because it was deemed a GAY Legacy Project. There are millions of stuff to mention that she has done in 30 years. Just because you have no idea , it doesn't mean that you opinion is a fact.

Is funny how some of you mention Grammys, or that didn't like her last two albums to write her off. Her legacy is hard to ignore and as of today she is still the best selling solo artist in music history. Just let her be. Take a close look at what is happening to her and you will get a glimpse of gaga's future. All the hate and shade you are throwing in 20 years from now, some other teens that never lived what you have as a gaga fan, will be doing the same.They will be writing stuff like this because they have no idea.
Ā 

Psychedelic

Why is everyone in far opposite extremes when it comes to Madonna?

Can't we all just take things for what they are? Madonna took inspiration from others, she isn't 100% original but she also added some of her formula to it, same formula that other female singers have used subsequently ever since.

Madonna has a lot of good stuff in her discography, pirceless music and fabulous performance but she also has some pretty bad things like every artist, they have their ups and downs. And it is no lie that with age and time all artists lose some of their magic touch so that's why I don't ask for more from her even though I know she can do better.

Madonna wasn't the first one to do many things she did that pushed the envelope, but she did do them with more courage as she was more famous, had all eyes on her and despite that, she went for it and never took the safe route. She paved the way to many female pop artists but on the other hand she did NOT create them, each has their own touch and artistry and has done things in their way with their own merits.

As for Diplo, I get what he is trying to say but he should keep his mouth shut as he doesn't tend to use the correct wording and ends up screwing up more, not to mention, he ruined a lot of the good material Madonna had done for this record, so if RH hasn't been successful... he is one of the main people to blame!

"She created the world we live in,"Ā 

He ought to study up on late 70's and early 80's female pop, and give credit to Blondie, Olivia Newton-John, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Cher, Annie Lennox, Kim Wilde, etc.

That kind of attitude from M fans is one reason why some don't want her to succeed.

Is so scary to read stuff like this. Madonna has contributed in many ways through the years to the lgbt community when we needed it the most and in moments in time that wasn't acceptable. do you know how many AMFAR awards she has gotten for her philanthropic contributions to aids? did you know that some of the closest people in Madonna's life have died of aids? truth or dare was screened this week at Outfest in L.A. because it was deemed a GAY Legacy Project. There are millions of stuff to mention that she has done in 30 years. Just because you have no idea , it doesn't mean that you opinion is a fact.

Is funny how some of you mention Grammys, or that didn't like her last two albums to write her off. Her legacy is hard to ignore and as of today she is still the best selling solo artist in music history. Just let her be. Take a close look at what is happening to her and you will get a glimpse of gaga's future. All the hate and shade you are throwing in 20 years from now, some other teens that never lived what you have as a gaga fan, will be doing the same.They will be writing stuff like this because they have no idea.
Ā 

Not liking her most recent efforts is a fair enough opinion though and a lot of the people here who stated that did so whilst giving a nod to her legacy :shrug:Ā 

That wasn't an attempt to disagree for the sake of doing so ('cus I do agree with most of what you said), just defending people and the idea that disliking MDNA/RH isn't necessarily 'writing her off'.Ā 

JusKeepBreathin

In a similar situation to Gaga in Russia on her MDNA tour, Madonna 'promoted homos-xuality' and handed out pink armbands/bracelets to everyone in the audience. She has spoken out about the imprisonment of gay men in Malawi to which she has plenty of tiedĀ and has been just as vocal about same s-x marriage as any other pop star - all of which were within the past ten years.Ā 

Madonna could never pull off C2C but Evita might come somewhat close, as for the Fame and especially ARTPOP, Madonna went above and beyond those albums so many times :smh:Ā 

Anyone who has seen the stage production of Evita knows it was aĀ massacre of the original play. I used to be the biggest fan of Madonna's Evita and she was the reason I saw the play in the first place because I remembered how much I liked the film, but after seeing the play I realized how much that film butchered the play.Ā I don't agree with the original commentĀ that you are replying too either. The Fame is not better than everything Madonna has put out. Madonna has some true masterpieces in Like A Prayer (single), Frozen (single), Live to Tell (single), Love Don't Live Here Any More (single) and the Erotica (album) is an epic masterpiece. Evita doesn't come close to C2C. A better comparison to C2C would be the Something to Remember album,Ā classy beautifully sung ballads. I still play that album from time to time;Ā it's amazing.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I do think Gaga holds her own with jazz legends better than Madonna's Evita vocals compare with Patti Lapone ... but maybe that's because I played the hell out of my LaPone Evite tape before the movie was made.

Ā 

StrawberryBlond

This is partly why Madonna can't succeed anymore - she's surrounded by yes men like Diplo. She's never had anyone say no to her in years and that can be one of the worst things that can happen to an artist. Because some don't realise when they become caricatures of themselves to the point where they become ridiculous and embarrasing or they stop caring about their music's quality because they're convinced it'll sell regardless because of who they are. They have no incentive to be truly amazing anymore. It's fighting against a label wanting to control you and fighting for what you want that can bring out the best in an artist.

Thinking Madonna created pop culture is factually incorrect and it's this kind of smug reasoning that has put lots of people off Madonna for years. Yes, she has contributed so much but there is so much that she has stolen in her career and continues to steal. There would probably have been no Madonna without Marilyn Monroe, Cher and Debbie Harry. Debbie actually once said in an interview that she was annoyed at how much Madonna copied her at the beginning of her career. According to people who were around at the time, the media called her a low-rent Debbie Harry. So as you can see, right from the beginning, people were calling her out on her unoriginality. She never miracuously gained any either. She was just good at convincing people that she was. She's not called The Original Copycat for nothing. Also, tickets have not sold out for her new show. Very few have, which is why so few second dates have been added. Her lack of dates in the southern US (no dates in Texas, wtf?), failure to sell in the UK, Sweden (despite this stadium date being one of only 2 dates for the whole of Scandinavia), Australia and New Zealand is proof that claims of her tour being a massive success are false. Second dates were added in areas that were expected to do well but aren't, it doesn't mean that they sold out. You'd think after all these years away from Austraiia, demand would be off the charts, but it's not. And this isn't stadiums, it's arenas she's struggling to sell out. Most artists go there every second tour or so and have no problem selling, so what's her excuse? And Ghosttown wouldn't have been a hit for anyone. We've seen all pop girls struggle recently anyway, so I doubt this dull ballad would have broken it. Anyone with a brain can see that Ghosttown isn't hit material.

Basically, it's clear Diplo is just annoyed that the work he produced isn't selling - he would have said the same thing if he'd produced for any other artist who flopped. Artists will get success if they deserve it and work hard. I get the distinct impression that Madonna isn't working hard. I know she can do better but she chooses not to as she's too concerned about making hits for a crowd far younger than herself, despite her failure at achieving this very thing. At her age and status, Madonna shouldn't have anything left to prove and should just focus on making great music that she connects to, not what she thinks will be big on radio. She's got the money and the legendary status, she has nothing else to achieve. I don't get this fascination with female artists in their 40's and older trying so hard to still be current and hip and determined to get #1's and sell millions. It won't happen, so why try to be something you're not? When Madonna makes great music but doesn't succeed, that's when we'll pity her. But if she's producing trash, like she currently is, she'll get no sympathy. I'm not the kind of person who blindly praises an artist just because they're a legend and Diplo of all people isn't going to convince me otherwise. And he's claiming to be supportive of female struggle in the industry while simultaneously starting a petition to "get Taylor Swift a booty." Being a part of the problem while claiming to be part of the solution, eh?

Hexxx

Diplo is just doing what any fan would do. I don't really see what Madge is doing that is so terrible

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Archived