💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Taylor Swift's 1989 hits 5M US sales

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

"1989" has the quickest climb to 5 million sold since 2004.

Taylor Swift’s mega-selling 1989 album continues to be unstoppable. The set has now surpassed 5 million in U.S. sales, according to Nielsen Music, making it the fastest seller to reach that plateau in more than 10 years.

1989 crossed the 5 million mark in the week ending July 5, with another 26,000 sold (its total now stands at 5.015 million). The album reaches the milestone in only its 36th week of release -- the speediest climb to 5 million since the week ending Aug. 1, 2004, when Usher’s Confessions hit 5 million in only its 19th week on sale.

1989 is Swift’s third album to sell 5 million copies, following Fearless (released in 2008) and her self-titled debut (released in 2006). They've sold 6.95 million and 5.52 million, respectively, to-date.

This is also the most recently released album to sell 5 million since Adele’s 21 powered through 5 million in its 42nd week (Dec. 11, 2011); 21 has sold 11.1 million.

On the latest Billboard 200 albums chart (dated July 18), 1989 spends its 36th consecutive week in the top 10 (rising 4-3). The last album to rack up its first 36 chart weeks in the top 10 was Adele’s 21, which didn’t vacate the region until its 79th chart week (dated Sept. 8, 2012).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6620398/taylor-swifts-1989-5-million-fastest-selling-album-decade

Paper Gangsta

Hope she will be statisfied with ammount of money she will get from it :green: 

Haroon

The female Usher :giveup: 

edit: Wait, holy cow Usher did it in almost half the time, I didn't realise how on fire he was at that point :shocked: And a big congratulations to Taylor, it's an amazing pop album and I'm glad the masses are seeming to enjoy it, because I know I definitely am :flutter: 

i became a little fan of her cause of 1989

and i to stay away from pop as much as i can and i only stan for gaga and kendrick

album is perfect congratz taylor :applause::applause:

barcodemonster

She just doesn't feel this "big" and I live in the U.S.  .. She's on radio and has YT views but she's not a media powerhouse. 

scan my barcode

Spock

Another day, another slay :legend: 

who will love me when the night is over

Mister Gaga

:saladga:

I don't understand how such a basic album imo can sell so good. I listened to it completely like 3 or 4 times; and i've never connected with ANYTHING. She don't transmits any emotions to me...

I´ll not mention any of Gaga's albums because it's obvious i like them more cause i'm a stan but, i don't know, Confessions on a Dance Floor sold 1.8M copies in the US and it's, at least, 10 times better than 1989. Born To Die, Pure Heroine and many many albums more didn't sell a quarter of this and they are better

ARTUNiCORN

:saladga:

I don't understand how such a basic album imo can sell so good. I listened to it completely like 3 or 4 times; and i've never connected with ANYTHING. She don't transmits any emotions to me...

I´ll not mention any of Gaga's albums because it's obvious i like them more cause i'm a stan but, i don't know, Confessions on a Dance Floor sold 1.8M copies in the US and it's, at least, 10 times better than 1989. Born To Die, Pure Heroine and many many albums more didn't sell a quarter of this and they are better

She is so overrated... Just like Beyonce

ARTPOPdidntflop

She is so overrated... Just like Beyonce

beyonce has more to offer though

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

gagaisitalian

Another day, another milestone. I'm getting so excited to see her in October.

Teal Ambition

Wow thats amazing. So proud of her :legend: 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Archived