music news

Bonnie McKee: Katy hasn't started on her new album yet

Spock

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

Thank you Bonnie we appreciate the space for LG5

iZezm4NiWLTwe.gif

OMG I'm in bed laughing so hard trying not to wake up anybody :lmao:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Monster

Gags better hurry then :laughga: the break's not gonna last forever :laughga: 

Florian

I never denied that the concept was very deep, personal, and close to Bonnie and she identified with it very strongly, and it was hard for her to let Katy solely use it and release it under her name. So I don't know why you're arguing with me about it here. Bonnie also has said that she always had a teenage theme going on with her songs. What I am saying here is that Katy also had input on writing Teenage Dream and the idea and concept was something that Katy related to and identified with a lot as well (since it was around those time that she fell in love with Russell and started dating him), and Katy herself already had songs (such as One Of The Boys and some songs from her unreleased collection) that she wrote which are pretty close to the concept and idea of Teenage Dream, so it's not impossible that both Katy and Bonnie were thinking about the same concept, idea, and theme for a long time and when they finally met each other again they started writing together about it.

Katy works on her lyrics, but she's not that involved in all of her song.

I mean, Sia knows Katy Perry. If Katy write all of her song, Sia would never have sent 'Pretty Hurts' to Katy. And I'm sure it's the same thing that happened with Double Rainbow : Sia sent the lyrics and Katy changed one or two things.

I remember Prism came suddenly out of nowhere just when we were anticipating ARTPOP. Don't count Ms Keene out at releasing her upcoming album along with Gaga's.

GagaMyBlood95

She can churn out an album very fast because she isn't very involved in the process. 

:rip: 

Yanko

Katy works on her lyrics, but she's not that involved in all of her song.

I mean, Sia knows Katy Perry. If Katy write all of her song, Sia would never have sent 'Pretty Hurts' to Katy. And I'm sure it's the same thing that happened with Double Rainbow : Sia sent the lyrics and Katy changed one or two things.

sia actually said that its really difficult to work with katy because she is the main person in her songs 

just saying 

Fame Romance

The gap between Teenage Dream and Prism was three years so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Which is funny because Fall 2016 is when TS6 should drop, so that should be interesting)

At least they had the new songs from Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection to enjoy while waiting for a new studio album 

Versace

i'm expecting New Katy single summer 2016 and fall 2016 although Gaga would love that she should be wise and go for lead single in Q1 2016 and album in Q2 2016 just like BTW.

Florian

sia actually said that its really difficult to work with katy because she is the main person in her songs 

just saying 

Sia sent her Pretty Hurts. She wrote this song for Katy. Katy just missed the email and texted Sia (after listen to Beyoncé's version) that she was Pretty hurt to not have this song

Actually, Sia said it was difficult because she's usually the dominant person, but Katy also wants to be this one.

In this Q&A, Sia describes more Katy like a person who know what she wants (and that's à good thing imo) saying Yes or no to Sia's proposition than à lyricist.

Spock

Well this thread escalated quickly. 

Even still, it sounds like both Katy and Gaga's albums are still in their infancy, with Gaga's being worked on more. We'll see how this turns out. 

URGH i know. It's impossible to have a decent Katy thread without that stan messing everything up

who will love me when the night is over

darkchylde

Bonnie deserves Katy's success.

Life is unfair, but what can we do? 

"deserves"

While I agree that she's good at songwritting, her voice sounds like a hundred cats agonizing at the same time.

monketsharona

She's right she had a big and successful era, she needs a break...A 2017 release would be better..

Creyk

She deserves to rest for a little bit...but I thought the PRISM tour will end in December? Or was I misinformed....

Archived