💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Bonnie McKee: Katy hasn't started on her new album yet

Spock

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth

guess you lost this argument everything he said is true and may I add Katy has no presence which is why she uses all that flair in her shows to distract from it and her lack of talent.

No, the reason I responded like that was because he has his own opinion, and I do not want to argue with people's opinion. However, if you went to any of Katy's tours, you would that she has a lot of stage presence and she doesn't let the big production overpower her. She still sings live and does choreography on stage and interacts and connects with her crowd/audience. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arizonadream777

No, the reason I responded like that was because he has his own opinion, and I do not want to argue with people's opinion. However, if you went to any of Katy's tours, you would that she has a lot of stage presence and she doesn't let the big production overpower her. She still sings live and does choreography on stage and interacts and connects with her crowd/audience. 

I haven't been to any of her concerts but I saw it on epix and she has no presence and is boring as hell but then again you're one of those stans that thinks her fave is perfect and could do know wrong.  That's called delusional.

LoveandMagic

You know, it's got to suck for Bonnie that she's trying to make her own way and yet everyone brings up Katy, particularly in interviews. Just look at this thread! It's like Bonnie has no identity except writing/co-writing hits for Katy (and others). It's not Katy's (or the others) fault, and while writing this music does keep Bonnie's name in the biz, Bonnie just seems to be working so hard to have her own name stand alone, but not getting there. I know she's not the only writer/artist out there who can only pen hits for others, but I find it so bizarre. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Kacey Elizabeth

I haven't been to any of her concerts but I saw it on epix and she has no presence and is boring as hell but then again you're one of those stans that thinks her fave is perfect and could do know wrong.  That's called delusional.

LOL, whatever you say. I can't argue with someone like you. You have not been to any of her concerts to see for yourself, yet you are making a claim like this. That's called being ignorant.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Arizonadream777

LOL, whatever you say. I can't argue with someone like you. You have not been to any of her concerts to see for yourself, yet you are making a claim like this. That's called being ignorant.

she sucks on tv how much different can she be live.  I mean when she did the super bowl the next day people where talking more about that stupid shark and missy Elliot.  You're so delusional and want not a day over 15?

Kacey Elizabeth

she sucks on tv how much different can she be live.  I mean when she did the super bowl the next day people where talking more about that stupid shark and missy Elliot.  You're so delusional and want not a day over 15?

LOL, actually, web search datas, celebrities, critics, and the general public (well, at least most of it) all show and are proof that Missy Elliot and the Left Shark were not stars of the show, but Katy was. Critics praised Katy, and so did many celebrities and people from the general public. You probably only have seen a few of Katy's televised performances. Katy does better on tours than most of her TV performances because of her nerves. Oh and try to write a sentence which make sense.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Arizonadream777

LOL, actually, web search datas, celebrities, critics, and the general public (well, at least most of it) all show and are proof that Missy Elliot and the Left Shark were not stars of the show, but Katy was. Critics praised Katy, and so did many celebrities and people from the general public. You probably only have seen a few of Katy's televised performances. Katy does better on tours than most of her TV performances because of her nerves. Oh and try to write a sentence which make sense.

yes you always say things like this to give more credit to Katy than she deserves and I told you I saw the tour on epix which was enough to prove she has no presence or talent.  And if you don't understand my sentences maybe you need to repeat your junior year to help you out. ;)

HausAlly

who the hell let a katy stan in here, someone open a window and get it out :fail:

badgalriri

please. American Girl was good. the stuff that followed was :awkney:

i hope that she comes back with another true bop. we all know she has them in her. :Chica:

HANZ

the good sis Katy is having Mercy on Gaga and us

thank you Katy

:pray:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

blacklistedd

I agree with you here, except for the Kelly Clarkson part. That statement is an insult to Kelly, as Clarkson at least has excellent vocals. Katy will never come close to Kelly in that department! 

Kelly of course has vocal chops, but the music she makes with it is everything I said it was.

Bradley

Spend that money Katheryn. Enjoy your life. Don't hurry. 

giphy.gif

:rip: 

But yes I don't want aggressive competition for Gaga despite how much faith I have in her... :emma:

Haroon

You know, it's got to suck for Bonnie that she's trying to make her own way and yet everyone brings up Katy, particularly in interviews. Just look at this thread! It's like Bonnie has no identity except writing/co-writing hits for Katy (and others). It's not Katy's (or the others) fault, and while writing this music does keep Bonnie's name in the biz, Bonnie just seems to be working so hard to have her own name stand alone, but not getting there. I know she's not the only writer/artist out there who can only pen hits for others, but I find it so bizarre. 

Couldn't agree more, and in that spirit, let's try to shift the attention from Katy and onto Bonnie's other interesting answers in the interview :party: 

Would you rule out signing with another major?
No. It was important for me to build a foundation on my own and just get something off the ground. It seems like every time I get involved with a major label years go by and I can’t f--king get an album out. I don’t understand it. Again, I think people’s expectations of me are so astronomically high that its like, “where’s your ‘Roar,’ where’s your ‘Teenage Dream’?” Why aren’t you asking other new artists, “Where’s your Like A Prayer?, Where’s your Thriller?”. I’m a new artist and I’m just trying to get the ball rolling.

Apart from Charlie, who else are you writing for at the moment?
I’ve been doing the Charlie Puth stuff, I just worked with Akon the other day. I’m constantly writing for other people but you never know if they’re going to take it. I’ve submitted songs for Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez, but you never know what’s going to happen. What else have I been working on? I’ve just really been focused on myself.

Who was your favorite person to work with in the studio?
I love Adam Lambert. He’s so cool. He’s so funny, he’s hilarious. He just has me in stitches. He’s also the best vocalist I’ve worked with, hands down, he’s incredible. Not only does he have a huge range and great instincts, he emotes. He’s very emotive. He was a professional musician before any of this American Idol s--t happened. He’s been doing it his whole life. I really enjoy working with him.

Do you ever feel a bit jaded with the industry?
Yeah. Absolutely, yeah. It’s really easy to feel that way especially. I fought and struggled for a really long time and then when I hit, I hit. I got spoiled, I had like four hit songs in one summer. I had three songs in the top five. With my first hits. I was like, “Oh, okay.” But when it starts to slow down you’re like, “Oh s--t.” I don’t know, my expectations are so high. I expect everything to go that way, but it’s not the way it works.

yASSsss

i'm so relieved to know this :zilla:LG6 is safe :sara:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

JustPokeHerFace

Well this thread escalated quickly. 

Even still, it sounds like both Katy and Gaga's albums are still in their infancy, with Gaga's being worked on more. We'll see how this turns out. 

Archived