💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why does Gaga butcher her songs on tour?

Better Day

Featured Posts

Bradley

I remember when Gaga wouldnt DARE perform 80 percent of the songs she was performing during her tours. 

Poker Face at the Born This Way Ball

Money Honey at the Monster Ball Tour

Alejandro at the Born This Way Ball

Highway Unicorn (Road to Love) at the Born This Way Ball

LoveGame at the Born This Way Ball

Telepehone at the Born This Way Ball

Fashion of His Love at the Born This Way Ball

Electric Chapel at the Born This Way Ball

Judas at the Born This Way Ball

I regard Just Dance at the Born This Way Ball as another full song but according to your preference it wasn't because the outro or something was missing, I forgot which part but something was missing for sure

Paparazzi at the Born This Way Ball

The setlists say 25 songs were performed at the artRAVE and 20 songs at The Monster Ball Tour. Hence some of the songs had to be cut short at the artRAVE.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SonOfAphrodite

Shortened :P

--

Honestly I don't know :shrug: I would prefer a full set of 18 or 19 songs with all of them performed at full length with minimal dancing than a 2 minute version of MJH :rip: 

Ohhhh then yea I don't understand why she does it :saladga:

Alien Tulip

Poker Face at the Born This Way Ball

Money Honey at the Monster Ball Tour

Alejandro at the Born This Way Ball

Highway Unicorn (Road to Love) at the Born This Way Ball

LoveGame at the Born This Way Ball

Telepehone at the Born This Way Ball

Fashion of His Love at the Born This Way Ball

Electric Chapel at the Born This Way Ball

Judas at the Born This Way Ball

I regard Just Dance at the Born This Way Ball as another full song but according to your preference it wasn't because the outro or something was missing, I forgot which part but something was missing for sure

Paparazzi at the Born This Way Ball

The setlists say 25 songs were performed at the artRAVE and 20 songs at The Monster Ball Tour. Hence some of the songs had to be cut short at the artRAVE.

notice how 99 percent of these are from her latest tours LOL when I meant I miss gaga performing in full I meant her first two tours. 

I hate that tbh

she is literally the only artist that does that, and she did that even before her hip surgery, she did it at the Born this way Ball with JUDAS, Poker Face, Just Dance, Lovegame and Marry The Night, it's so annoying, and the reason that she does that is that she literally performs all the songs from the newest album, she should choose the very best ones of the new record to give space for the old hits but she can also do remixes of her old hits, that would be great, the show would be so much better and look less tacky, evenbKaty Perry gave better and proper performances for her new hits wihout ignoring her old ones, all of them got a good performance and moment in her tour, meanwhile the artrave...............

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Hurem

Fashion! was the only song she didn't perform or use at the artRAVE, and she cut it after the US leg. What are you talking about? :shrug:

Born To Slay

I prefer the version of Artrave with extra songs but they're shortened tbh. It used to bug me but really, I like hearing more songs.

Thomas P

Because the Illumanti told her so.

That's probs why

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

blacklistedd

I don't know I just hope the next tour doesn't have a sloppy setlist like her previous two tours. She needs to cut telephone, paparazzi and alejandro off the set list already. If I were her the only hits I would perform for the next tour is just dance, poker face, bad romance and the edge of glory since those songs were career defining moments for her. 

Mmmm.....I don't think either of her last 2 tours had messy setlists imo. For the Born This Way Ball she essentially performed every song from that record and pleasantly more than you'd expect from The Fame+Monster.

And I completely disagree about her axing off Paparazzi, Telephone, and Alejandro.

Benji

I despised how she cut up or paid dust to her biggest hits and best songs at the artRAVE. That was what stopped me going.

I don't mind cutting a few long songs down to a decent but still effective size... the artRAVE took the piss though, to be honest.

Laceface

I thought by "butchered" you meant she "messes them up" like her vocals don't sound exactly like the studio version. :emma:

I wouldn't say the songs are "butchered" more like "truncated" to fit the time limit she has. It's not really uncommon for singers to do this. 

A theory I have is that although Gaga wants to perform as many songs as ahe can, Interscope pays for her to perform and I suppose they want to keep as much money as possible so they restrict her to a time limit and she works with that. Or the venue has other engagements and must accommodate them as well as her. :shrug:

If I'm not mistaken, the only singer I've ever seen sing a full live complete set of songs is Selena and her concert was about 45 minutes. 

zvaRSEA.png

It does :) should definitely be changed to 'shortened'. Butchered implies they were made bad and the originals ruined by the performances. Get that hit thread I guess 

Whispering

she is literally the only artist that does that, and she did that even before her hip surgery 

No, she isn't. Off the top of my head...Beyonce and Jay Z on their tour, Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Prince...And many others I've seen have shortened some of their songs on tour. 

I've never seen her concert, but doesn't Madonna shorten songs and do medleys? I'm sure there are others. 

Tropico

It's for the best.

Plus, Gaga is so over Telephone it's not even cute anymore. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Sister

I hate hate hate the medley of songs trick!

I do understand that performers have to appease all and play their hits while still adding new songs to represent their current work, but then I feel that they should shuffle songs around for others on different dates. Keep everyone and themselves on the toes.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

zexion_armando

Keep 1-2 songs from each album, cut off the chaff, sneak in a fan favorite or 2.

Pure Adrenaline

cuz she's lazy to sing the whole song .... go figure :neyde:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Archived