đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drake Bell: "Sorry....still calling you Bruce."

Stef

Featured Posts

Koreku

So he 'apologized' on Twitter:

@DrakeBell I sincerely apologize for my thoughtless insensitive remarks. I in no way meant to hurt or demean those going through a similar journey.

I'm not buying it though. :fthis:

​his remark gave him more backlash than dollars so he had to reel it back in :lmao:  

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
retroglamx

​his remark gave him more backlash than dollars so he had to reel it back in :lmao:  

​He apologized to those going through a similar journey. He didn't acknowledge Caitlyn at all. He's such a dbag.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

​Because someone has gone through decades and decades of internal torment and a constant feeling of irremovable sadness because they simply can't be who they really are. To you, it may just be a name but to them, this means everything to them.

​Are you sure that's Jenner's experience? The person is a Republican, pursued a very macho path of being a champion Olympic athlete, and waited to age 65 to transition.

He was the masculine athletic ideal 40 years ago. Now he is a widely praised and glamorous Kardashian woman. Not someone to be pitied.

It's one thing when some vulnerable youth wants to transition and their family and friends dickishly won't respect that. A little messier when you've been a celebrity for 40 years, and your main achievements are under the name Bruce.

It's the difference between Stefani becoming Gaga before she got famous, and Cat Stevens taking an Islamic name after his music career. People still call the musician Cat Stevens.

If "Caityn" is in the public eye a bit people will start to see Jenner in that way, but twitter bullying over pronouns will only make anti-SJW people feel resentful.

Redstreak

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Redstreak

​Are you sure that's Jenner's experience? The person is a Republican, pursued a very macho path of being a champion Olympic athlete, and waited to age 65 to transition.

He was the masculine athletic ideal 40 years ago. Now he is a widely praised and glamorous Kardashian woman. Not someone to be pitied.

It's one thing when some vulnerable youth wants to transition and their family and friends dickishly won't respect that. A little messier when you've been a celebrity for 40 years, and your main achievements are under the name Bruce.

It's the difference between Stefani becoming Gaga before she got famous, and Cat Stevens taking an Islamic name after his music career. People still call the musician Cat Stevens.

If "Caityn" is in the public eye a bit people will start to see Jenner in that way, but twitter bullying over pronouns will only make anti-SJW people feel resentful.

None of what you said blocks someone from having internal struggles tho. She talked about how she was constantly in conflict with how she felt on the inside given her status, even showing up to interviews secretly wearing a bra. And why is it ok for everyone to purposely misgender (not accidentally but on purpose out of spite) and belittle her but when someone tries to speak out about it suddenly they're the "bullies" and people like Drake are just given a pass?

And why is it ok for everyone to purposely misgender (not accidentally but on purpose out of spite) and belittle her but when someone tries to speak out about it suddenly they're the "bullies" and people like Drake are just given a pass?

​Because in many cases it is not out of spite, but just out of habit or doubt that Jenner has completely transitioned. When offense is taken where none was intended, people feel bullied or that they must walk on eggshells when discussing an issue that's still mysterious to many.

The fact that he's been famous as Bruce for 40 years makes it weird to retroactively talk about Caityn winning a gold medal or conceiving children with a woman (in a way it wouldn't if he'd transitioned as a youth). I can think of MANY examples were a celeb has changed names and the public has continued with the name they got famous under. Call me Snoop Lion" - naw you're best work was as Snoop Dogg. People still refer to Cheryl Cole even though Cole is just a man she married and divorced. But that's when her fame peaked..

You want real spite, look at all the misgendering of born women as a synonym for calling them ugly.. "Gaga looks like a man, does she have a dick."

PS: If Obama transitioned at age 65 to womanhood, would that take away Hilary's status as the first female Prez if she wins in 2016? I say no, he was elected and governed as male, And is historians referred to Prez Obama  as "him" they wouldn't be transphobic. (It's another matter if he did so before his political career.)

Redstreak

​Because in many cases it is not out of spite, but just out of habit or doubt that Jenner has completely transitioned. When offense is taken where none was intended, people feel bullied or that they must walk on eggshells when discussing an issue that's still mysterious to many.

The fact that he's been famous as Bruce for 40 years makes it weird to retroactively talk about Caityn winning a gold medal or conceiving children with a woman (in a way it wouldn't if he'd transitioned as a youth). I can think of MANY examples were a celeb has changed names and the public has continued with the name they got famous under. Call me Snoop Lion" - naw you're best work was as Snoop Dogg. People still refer to Cheryl Cole even though Cole is just a man she married and divorced. But that's when her fame peaked..

You want real spite, look at all the misgendering of born women as a synonym for calling them ugly.. "Gaga looks like a man, does she have a dick."

Well now you are just looking for excuses. I completely understand what you're saying if it was accidental but we all know it wasn't. It's absolutely not difficult to write Caitlyn instead of Bruce.

Archived