đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does it bother you that Gaga only showed her voice after underperforming?

Alii

Does it?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Does it?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

ryhanna

You guys don't need to get so defensive… It seems pretty clear that the OP meant Gaga showing her voice in a more high profile way/putting more emphasis on her vocals (Cheek to Cheek, Oscars performance). Not implying that none of us knew she could sing or that gave bad vocal performances before now. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

For reference sake: Male voices generally complete the bulk of development by the early twenties, female voices late twenties or longer. It also depends on the size of your voice. As a general rule, larger voices mature slower than smaller voices do. 

djBuffoon

​I'm happy that she chose the path of pop music, but I wished she showed more her powerful vocals in the songs other than adding layers and layers onto them.

Gaga has always shown her vocals in the live performances :legend: 

As much as I love her raw vocals, I can't say I agree. Gaga's choruses are epic, and the layering with her voice always takes them to the next level. 

Nonetheless, her voice is in its prime right now, so of course she has only recently taken huge leaps in terms of what genres she can choose to sing in. 

blacklistedd

C2C and the Oscar performance clearly happened to clear her image tho. :duck: 

I mean, she only started singing jazz songs that showed her voice after she undeperformed.

​You're implying shes doing it as a means of desperation. Thing is I disagree, shes always showed off her voice. Always. Thats just not what people cared about or paid attention to. And the jazz album was already set in motion before she started underperforming. It was already something she was going to do regardless of whether or not ARTPOP was going to be successful (she sang jazz on her 2011 thanksgiving special btw, showed off her vocal talent there as well). Doing that album meant she had to go back and train her voice and expand on her talent. There had never been a vocal performance from her as grand as the one she did at the oscars of course but I think that opportunity presented itself because of her record with tony tbh and was successful because of how much vocal training she'd already been doing. Her voice is probably better now than its ever been. And what better time to pull out all the stops than an oscars performance?

uo111

She has showcased her voice many times.

The only thing that bothers me is that people think C2C and the Oscars performance are the only times she has sang well.

blacklistedd

She has showcased her voice many times.

The only thing that bothers me is that people think C2C and the Oscars performance are the only times she has sang well.

​Same. It irks me as well, they're like "where was this all along?" as if shes been hiding behind costumes or something. When the truth is it was always there, people were just being too superficial to notice anything but a dumb pop star in a meat dress.

Economy

she showed her vocal abilities many many times way before. its nothing new :lolly:

wahkeenasitka

1) Ever since her career started she has been showing her amazing voice. She doesn't need to sing "jazz" to show her voice.

2) ARTPOP didn't flop

3) Cheek To Cheek didn't "show" me anything new.I always knew she had an amazing voice.

​Agreed... 

Woman never flopped in her life.

​we all like to think so, indeed.

​THIS!

Riot Poof

She needs to put emphasis on her voice now that the GP isn't here for her image anymore.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Archived