💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

They may have more commercial success but no impact

Quark

Featured Posts

Jjang

That was enough to have more influence than just about every current artist.

​Not in my book. Are you going to cling onto that forever? that her impact is not worthy of discussion unless its in years span of 2009-2011?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jjang

EDM was definitely mainstream in 2011. When I heard WFL for the first time when her album leaked, the first thing that I thought was that she was just following trends again. Also you seem to think that impact is the same as success.

​I actually don't care about what you thought about it, lol. Explain the matter of difference between Rihanna's musical impact and Gaga's, then. Maybe i'll understand point of view.

Quark

​I actually don't care about what you thought about it, lol. Explain the matter of difference between Rihanna's musical impact and Gaga's, then. Maybe i'll understand point of view.

​Not in my book. Are you going to cling onto that forever? that her impact is not worthy of discussion unless its in years span of 2009-2011?

When Gaga started out she one of the main factors in the rise of dance music. Rihanna released a song with a style of music that was already mainstream. Gaga influenced music, fashion, music videos, social medial, social issues, performance art, ect. No one has done all of this even if Gaga is not as influential now.

Jjang

When Gaga started out she one of the main factors in the rise of dance music. Rihanna released a song with a style of music that was already mainstream. Gaga influenced music, fashion, music videos, social medial, social issues, performance art, ect. No one has done all of this even if Gaga is not as influential now.

​Madonna had the biggest hit in the world in 2006 with Hung Up, though & that song was pure dance music. Same applies to the year 2000 - biggest hit in the world, by Madonna...which also happens to be a dance record. Stop over - crediting Gaga for something she never actually did. Artists were outspoken about social issues before Gaga, artists used shock tactics and performance art before Gaga, crazy music videos existed before Gaga as well. She didn't contribute anything that wasn't already contributed to the music industry.

& by "artists" i mean mainstream artists, just to get that clear.

I already told you that We Found Love & Umbrella's structure only became mainstream after Rihanna has done it, how is that any different to what Gaga did with Just Dance & Poker Face? no difference, its the exact same thing.

Quark

​Madonna had the biggest hit in the world in 2006 with Hung Up, though & that song was pure dance music. Same applies to the year 2000 - biggest hit in the world, by Madonna...which also happens to be a dance record. Stop over - crediting Gaga for something she never actually did. Artists were outspoken about social issues before Gaga, artists used shock tactics and performance art before Gaga, crazy music videos existed before Gaga as well. She didn't contribute anything that wasn't already contributed to the music industry.

& by "artists" i mean mainstream artists, just to get that clear.

I already told you that We Found Love & Umbrella's structure only became mainstream after Rihanna has done it, how is that any different to what Gaga did with Just Dance & Poker Face? no difference, its the exact same thing.

That is why I am talking about current artists. Because Gaga can only be compared with legends of the past. And even though some artists did what Gaga has done before Gaga, Gaga was the one that made all of these things mainstream. And I am not the only one saying that Gaga paved the way for mainstream dance/EDM, Radio DJs and artists like cascada have said this. Rihanna had big hits with sounds that were already mainstream.

Jjang

That is why I am talking about current artists. Because Gaga can only be compared with legends of the past. And even though some artists did what Gaga has done before Gaga, Gaga was the one that made all of these things mainstream. And I am not the only one saying that Gaga paved the way for mainstream dance/EDM, Radio DJs and artists like cascada have said this. Rihanna had big hits with sounds that were already mainstream.

​I give up. I literally provided you with examples of why 1)Dance music was indeed mainstream before Gaga 2)Why Rihanna's musical impact is on the same level as Gaga's.

While i actually bothered to elaborate and waste my time like a total idiot, you kept on ignoring what i said & repeated your nonsese.

Goodbye. :saladga:

Quark

​I give up. I literally provided you with examples of why 1)Dance music was indeed mainstream before Gaga 2)Why Rihanna's musical impact is on the same level as Gaga's.

While i actually bothered to elaborate and waste my time like a total idiot, you kept on ignoring what i said & repeated your nonsese.

Goodbye. :saladga:

No one followed Madonna after she had her big hit. I keep repeating you that Rihanna did not impact anything because her songs were released when the style of their music was already mainstream/common. When Gaga released her music, dance wasn't mainstream yet (it had been popular before, but not actually mainstream), after her it was. What don't you understand?

Didymus

No one followed Madonna after she had her big hit. I keep repeating you that Rihanna did not impact anything because her songs were released when the style of their music was already mainstream/common. When Gaga released her music, dance wasn't mainstream yet, after her it was. What don't you understand?

​It was. Rihanna and Katy had already paved the way for her months before she hit big time, that's just common knowledge. Poker Face was fresh, interesting and unlike anything on the radio but that does not mean it brought "back" dance or something, because it was literally everywhere and it had been since 2007.

Quark

​It was. Rihanna and Katy had already paved the way for her, that's just common knowledge. Poker Face was fresh, interesting and unlike anything on the radio but that does not mean it brought "back" dance or something, because it was literally everywhere.

Not really, Katy was mostly a pop rock artist, while Rihanna and a few other had only one or two dance hits that no one followed.  It was until albums like the Fame, when the radio and most other artists began to embrace electronic dance music. Like I already said, even radio DJs have noted Gaga's influence.

Jjang

No one followed Madonna after she had her big hit. I keep repeating you that Rihanna did not impact anything because her songs were released when the style of their music was already mainstream/common. When Gaga released her music, dance wasn't mainstream yet (it had been popular before, but not actually mainstream), after her it was. What don't you understand?​

Fact is, dance music was mainstream before Gaga debuted. Do you even understand what mainstream means? There was an insane amount of dance music craze trends on a mainstream level in 2000-2006, I just mentioned Madonna as she's the most obvious example of that.

There are many aspects of musical impact, one of them is patterns and song structures, both of which Rihanna contributed something new to them to the pop mainstream world. Something you just don't understand.

Didymus

Not really, Katy was mostly a pop rock artists, while Rihanna and a few other had only one or two dance hits that no one followed.  It was until albums like the Fame, when the radio and most other artists began to embrace electronic dance music. Like I already said, even radio DJs have noted Gaga's influence.

​Untrue. Kylie and Britney had already brought back electronic elements in 2007. Katy's singles I Kissed a Girl and Hot N Cold (the only ones around the time of Just Dance/Poker Face) weren't pop rock, they were heavily electronic inspired and huge radio hits just like Rihanna's Disturbia, which was a monster hit in the U.S. especially.

The simple truth is that Britney, Rihanna, Katy ànd Gaga are credited for bringing back electronic elements in pop after the more disco-inspired eras of Madonna (and partly Britney's Blackout). Since major dance-pop (radio) hits had already smashed the charts before Just Dance or Poker Face I don't understand how you can continue the "but Gaga brought it to the mainstream" rhetoric. The facts just prove you wrong.

In any case, Gaga's impact on (dance-)pop died 100% after Telephone and other pop artists (ironically, again Rihanna among others) took over and steered it in new directions while Gaga stayed behind. So much about impact :huh:

Quark

Fact is, dance music was mainstream before Gaga debuted. Do you even understand what mainstream means? There was an insane amount of dance music craze trends on a mainstream level in 2000-2006, I just mentioned Madonna as she's the most obvious example of that.

Musical impacts are far more than just soundscapes, it also includes patterns and structures, both of which Rihanna contributed to the mainstream pop world, something you just refuse to understand.

The 2000s were mostly dominated by hip hop and some pop rock. It wasn't until aggressive electronic albums like the Fame that all artists followed. It was quite obvious actually. Rihanna has been one of the most successful artists this generation. But at the end of the day I am talking about who had more influence and impact (not just music), and Rihanna is just not as influential as Gaga.

Didymus

The 2000s were mostly dominated by hip hop and some pop rock. It wasn't until aggressive electronic albums like the Fame that all artists followed. It was quite obvious actually. Rihanna has been one of the most successful artists this generation. But at the end of the day I am talking about who had more influence and impact (not just inusic), and Rihanna is just not as influential as Gaga.

​But who are all these other artists though? Madonna, Kylie and Britney had already made electronic pop albums before The Fame and Rihanna and Katy were slaying the charts and the radio around the same time Gaga rose to fame. So who is left, I ask you :rip:

Quark

​Untrue. Kylie and Britney had already brought back electronic elements in 2007. Katy's singles I Kissed a Girl and Hot N Cold (the only ones around the time of Just Dance/Poker Face) weren't pop rock, they were heavily electronic inspired and huge radio hits just like Rihanna's Disturbia, which was a monster hit in the U.S. especially.

The simple truth is that Britney, Rihanna, Katy ànd Gaga are credited for bringing back electronic elements in pop after the more disco-inspired eras of Madonna (and partly Britney's Blackout). Since major dance-pop (radio) hits had already smashed the charts before Just Dance or Poker Face I don't understand how you can continue the "but Gaga brought it to the mainstream" rhetoric. The facts just prove you wrong.

In any case, Gaga's impact on (dance-)pop died 100% after Telephone and other pop artists (ironically, again Rihanna among others) took over and steered it in new directions while Gaga stayed behind. So much about impact :huh:

I kissed a girl is a pop rock song. And once again, I know that there were artists releasing electronic music before Gaga, but they were isolated hits. Artists like Cascada even said that Gaga paved the way for artists like them. And what was Rihanna new directions that you are talking of?

Yanko

I kissed a girl is a pop rock song. And once again, I know that there were artists releasing electronic music before Gaga, but they were isolated hits. Artists like Cascada even said that Gaga paved the way for artists like them. And what was Rihanna new directions that you are talking of?

​queen cascada get that acclaim gaga  

Archived