Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

ARTPOP discussion

Mills

Which are your favorite singles from ARTPOP?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite singles from ARTPOP?

Featured Posts

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic

amenvodka's conspiracy theories:

I remember in BTW era everbody said that is straying TOO far from what is commercially acceptable/successful and how the BTW era was a huge mess that damaged her career because she became political and flamboyantly took stances on gay rights and immigration which ostracized a strong commercial audience. I also noticed how she was pretty loose on deadlines, and that she took A LOT of time to prepare things, like the album being released 3 months after the lead single, video releases being pushed back and forwards and the tour dates being announced long after the era was already over. I also noticed how Gaga said the ARTPOP era was extremely stressful for her, with deadlines being really tight (1 week to write, shoot and edit the Applause & DWUW videos).

My guess is that Troy DELIBERATELY set up Gaga's time schedule so tightly, so that she doesn't have time to think of elaborate treatments for videos, fashion etc. and just goes along with doing something more basic and SAFE for the sake of boosting sales and still being able to profit of her work. However that backfired completely when the DWUW video was in talks because him cutting Gaga's time so short not only exhausted her physically, it made her write the probably most controversial (and in his eyes probably career-ending) video treatment of her career, causing him to see Gaga as a non-profitable sinking ship regardless and quitting his work. This resulted into Gaga breaking down and realizing that Troy deliberately tried to hinder her creativity for his monetary gain and the mess happened.

sweet spot

I think that she/her producers overproduced the ARTPOP songs. Like, MANiCURE + Sex Dreams' iTunes Festival version were perfect, why did she need to change some aspects of those songs? 

DWUW is the best single decision so far... but sadly it didn't receive much promo/treatment

sweet spot

Well, in my opinion ARTPOP didn't flop. It just hasn't done as well as her previous recodings did, and I think it happend because of:

- Mess on the single's choice

- REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY high hype

- Overproduced songs (what also happend with BTW)

- Bad/messy divulgation

- Not as good as ppl expected to be (it's a gr8 album, but, bc of the wait and hype, everyone expected a bit more)

- Polemics (DWUW vid, Troy breakdown)

- Jokes with the title (ARTFLOP)

That's it. What do you think?

Rat Boy

Not this thread again. :lmao:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Didymus

It sounded dated, the EDM sound didn't attract pop lovers and the pop sound didn't interest EDM lovers, the pretentious title, the unattractive visual presentation of herself in interviews and pictures, a lack of mindblowing promo performances, the dominance of Miley doing everything she should be doing, radio boycotts,...

Torsoface

Bad promotion

Prism vs ARTPOP mess

Too girly music

Too dated music (Should've been released in 2012)

Too artsy fartsy GP didn't get it

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived