Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

ARTPOP discussion

Mills

Which are your favorite singles from ARTPOP?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite singles from ARTPOP?

Featured Posts

InsideOutright

She had no momentum. The GP forgot about her after her hip injury.

Overshadowed by Prism and its singles.

The lead single was released at a bad time; Summer 2013 was chock full of mega hits and Applause couldn't squeeze through to the front of pack.

Only three singles, the last of which was a poor choice.

Not as much radio support as previous eras for the above reasons.

Not going with the Xtina (or solo) version of DWUW to begin with instead of R. Kelly.

Only two music videos released and one unreleased which surely would have been her most-viewed video of the era.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alcina Dimitrescu

Hi Madge, 

Is this what you were doing on your phone instead of watching the play? Do you now float from Forum to Forum trash talking other artists. Bitch I'm Madonna was a second rate We Can't Stop which was a second rate Just Dance. So basically BIM was a third rate JD. Talk about artistically bankrupt. Lol this is my opinion.  

:bye:

you seem upset. Dont be

HarleyCarro.gif

KindaTrashy

Hmm, this is sorta hard to admit because I do love ARTPOP... It's a fun, lighthearted album with some sure gems, and I had a great time going to see the show (3 times)... However, I don't think it was Gaga's best work musically. The sales/promotion/management reflect that. That's all it comes down to.

Mister Gaga

It did not flop. It underperformed. 

An album with 2 million copies sold + one top5 single + a top 10 single in most of the world + 80 million of the tour can't be taken as a flop

Close this thread :bye:

Tommy Monster

Born this way dissapointed, so many people didn´t buy her next record after it, how can you not see that you all??? ARTPOP is so much better than BTW, no matter what charts say... the charts are actually supporting this argument... after TFM people would buy anything from her, after BTW, well... not so much :toofunny: 

Haroon

@Denizar Hey :)

I merged your thread into the ARTPOP Discussion thread because we have the whole 'Was ARTPOP a flop' (along those lines) thread a lot and it kinda just breeds negativity and stuff and your thread was reported quite a few times because it's an overdone topic in some ways :shrug: You're not in trouble or anything, just letting you know that your thread was merged and why :hug: 

AmenTheNight

The true question about ARTPOP underperformance that remains a mystery would be "Why did G.U.Y. bomb that hard ?"

I mean, I was ready for any kind of underperformance, but I'm still puzzled at how hard this single suffered. A Lady Gaga single barely cracking the top 100 on iTunes, I still can't believe it. It's not like it was awfully bad or didn't have any hype (there was a lot of press around the setting of the music video and how the swimming pool spoilt many liters of water if I'm right)

VenusBlackStar

I wish "Venus" made it to the radio as a single. I feel like it would have done well because it has so much energy in it.

While I adore ARTPOP I listen back to Born This Way, and from a music orchestration perspective I think Born This Way is a stronger album and tighter sonically. ARTPOP, however, is more of a creative risk for her, more experimentation. She did say ARTPOP was "a reverse-Warholian expedition," so I think it's fair to look at the songs in terms of artistic experiments. To me ARTPOP as an album is the least cohesive in terms of the songs fitting with each other, but that's not a bad thing at all. I still love it to death.

JusKeepBreathin

@Denizar Hey :)

I merged your thread into the ARTPOP Discussion thread because we have the whole 'Was ARTPOP a flop' (along those lines) thread a lot and it kinda just breeds negativity and stuff and your thread was reported quite a few times because it's an overdone topic in some ways :shrug: You're not in trouble or anything, just letting you know that your thread was merged and why :hug: 

but you gave gave me warning point about Madonna. Lol whatev's :flirt:  Muah!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

As much as I find ARTPOP to be kinda average as a whole, it has some bops. I forgot how good Mary Jane Holland was until it came on shuffle in the car today :giveup: 

ARTPOPdidntflop

Because it was artistically bankrupt and hollow as a mannequin and shows the apparently the best Gaga can pull without guidance is a Mona Lisa poncho and a second rate Bangerz/Prismatic World tour :proud: Before some GJW comes to attempt to "clock me" this is my opinion and if you dislike it, ignore it :proud:

Comercially wise idk but she deserved it for over hyping this mess so i dont care. Wish Venus had gotten a video nonetheless.

Bangerz tour? How?

Also Prismatic tour plagiarized off of Gaga in many aspects.

Gaga x Nicki x Azealia x Ariana x Kesha x Bey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bradley

The true question about ARTPOP underperformance that remains a mystery would be "Why did G.U.Y. bomb that hard ?"

I mean, I was ready for any kind of underperformance, but I'm still puzzled at how hard this single suffered. A Lady Gaga single barely cracking the top 100 on iTunes, I still can't believe it. It's not like it was awfully bad or didn't have any hype (there was a lot of press around the setting of the music video and how the swimming pool spoilt many liters of water if I'm right)

I know right? Do What U Want was #1 in 83 countries on iTunes and how could G.U.Y.'s under-peformance be justified with stats from DWUW like this?

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived