đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

ARTPOP discussion

Mills

Which are your favorite singles from ARTPOP?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite singles from ARTPOP?

Featured Posts

Hexxx

it didn't flop it just wasn't that appealing compared to her past work.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk

For the millionth time, it didn't flop.

Edit:  This is not meant to be harsh on the op, just a statement to all those who claim it flopped.

I live outside the space time continuum.

ElectricHaus

Personally I think the first single choice sucked.....I like applause but for a lead single? Venus or Gypsy should have been the lead single. I think DWUW would have stayed even harder had it had a music video. GUY flopped because there was like no performances on TV for it. 

AmenTheNight

There are a thousand reasons why ARTPOP underperformed. The main reason being the whole management problem.

DeleteMyAccount

well lets begin with that there was no art in ARTPOP.

Did you see the people she collaborated with?  The outfits?  The cover art?  If anything, it was more about the experience of witnessing music and art coming together.  ARTPOP.

It didn't flop, it underperformed in terms of sales (if we compare it to her previous records). That's a difference :later:

It was not a flop but an underperformance. Her manager left her in the middle of the era. Gaga wanted Venus as 2nd single and Interscope forced her to release DWUW, she rebelled and the song didnt even got a video and the era crashed.

Lucas

Easy...

People were not here for Gaga, music wasn't as good as previous albums, bad media critics, low promotion, messy singles choices, unreleased music videos, too high hype too early, Katy Perry...

JusKeepBreathin

Because it was artistically bankrupt and hollow as a mannequin and shows the apparently the best Gaga can pull without guidance is a Mona Lisa poncho and a second rate Bangerz/Prismatic World tour :proud: Before some GJW comes to attempt to "clock me" this is my opinion and if you dislike it, ignore it :proud:

Comercially wise idk but she deserved it for over hyping this mess so i dont care. Wish Venus had gotten a video nonetheless.

Hi Madge, 

Is this what you were doing on your phone instead of watching the play? Do you now float from Forum to Forum trash talking other artists. Bitch I'm Madonna was a second rate We Can't Stop which was a second rate Just Dance. So basically BIM was a third rate JD. Talk about artistically bankrupt. Lol this is my opinion.  

:bye:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Teri Hatcher

It didnt "flop" but was over hyped a lot

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

shane_c

1. It came after Born This Way so she had already lost a huge amount of her popularity. Anyone that follows her closely should have predicted it. I did. 2. "ART" is a turnoff to people. 3. The music is good, but not as good as her other albums and its not as commercial.

It's not really important especially at this point but general boredom of Gaga (and anything she was gonna bring out at that time) played a part, as did the title - whether or not that's a misinterpretation on fans' and listeners' behalf is irrelevant really, it played a part on the perception. 

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived