Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Raven-Symoné: 'Beyoncé Needs to Put Some Pants On!'

Jesse Pinkman

Featured Posts

Haroon

I just hope she feels the same for the male pop world and that this need for class isn't based on gender, otherwise it does show the patriarchy's unfortunate influence on her :noparty: 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Angel

As if Beyoncé was the only person at the Gala wearing shear (or whatever the material was) or something revealing. (J.Lo or Miley, and they, too, looked great)

I haven't trusted a word this girl has said since she didn't want to claim her blackness, or couldn't differentiate a continent from a country. If she wants to show off her assets, let her do it. Bey looks good clothed and without. I can't stand people making it seem like she never wears clothes. Maybe Raven needs to take less time commenting on the Fashion world and go back to grade school for basic skills.  This Beyoncé shade fest of 2015 is stale.

(Looks at my profile, sees my banner as Raven. Quietly walks away :dies:)

Yves

No cares about her anymore. Her That's So Raven days are ****ing over. Move on, dear.

Bebe

Beyoncè can wear whatever she wants. No need to shame her.

THIS point however I do somewhat agree with.

"I just need somebody to put some pants on when people are performing nowadays." 

"pop stars in general that like to not wear pants when they perform."

I think it would be nice to see more diversity in the pop world. It is perfectly ok to wear what Beyonce, Gaga, Britney, Rihanna, Katy, Miley, Nicki wear but at the same time, it's also ok not to. Young people are impressionable, a girl might see these girls with barely any clothes on and see that it's what is glorified in women. She however doesn't feel comfortable showing so much. 

It would be nice for the pop world to have a little better representation these days. We have Adele and Lorde who don't use their s-xuality, but they are the notable exceptions. 

Jesse Pinkman

As if Beyoncé was the only person at the Gala wearing shear (or whatever the material was) or something revealing. (J.Lo or Miley, and they, too, looked great)

I haven't trusted a word this girl has said since she didn't want to claim her blackness, or couldn't differentiate a continent from a country. If she wants to show off her assets, let her do it. Bey looks good clothed and without. I can't stand people making it seem like she never wears clothes. Maybe Raven needs to take less time commenting on the Fashion world and go back to grade school for basic skills.  This Beyoncé shade fest of 2015 is stale.

(Looks at my profile, sees my banner as Raven. Quietly walks away :dies:)

I love Raven too, but I disagree on this. She stans so hard for Janet, but criticizes popstars for being too s-xual/naked? :emma: 

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman

Beyoncè can wear whatever she wants. No need to shame her.

THIS point however I do somewhat agree with.

"I just need somebody to put some pants on when people are performing nowadays." 

"pop stars in general that like to not wear pants when they perform."

I think it would be nice to see more diversity in the pop world. It is perfectly ok to wear what Beyonce, Gaga, Britney, Rihanna, Katy, Miley, Nicki wear but at the same time, it's also ok not to. Young people are impressionable, a girl might see these girls with barely any clothes on and see that it's what is glorified in women. She however doesn't feel comfortable showing so much. 

It would be nice for the pop world to have a little better representation these days. We have Adele and Lorde who don't use their s-xuality, but they are the notable exceptions. 

She should've worded this way if that's what she meant. 

It's science, bitch

Bebe

She should've worded this way if that's what she meant. 

​I don't think that's what she meant I was just trying to make something somewhat constructive from what she said haha :dies:

No Angel

I love Raven too, but I disagree on this. She stans so hard for Janet, but criticizes popstars for being too s-xual/naked? :emma: 

​Let me tell you... 

I am such a big Janet fan. She's made some of my favorite records, but using her as a comparison to Beyoncé when it comes to being "wholesome" or "modest," she needs to go back in time and see how Janet went from teen sensation to full grown musical s-x symbol. She gave guys lap dances on her tours and even has a song about BDSM. Any Janet fan would know that, Raven is just trying it here.

I mean, for christ's sake did she not see Queen Janet's Rolling Stone cover!?

:sharon:

Yves

What kind of Reverse Warholian Expedition? :green: 

Jesse Pinkman

​Let me tell you... 

I am such a big Janet fan. She's made some of my favorite records, but using her as a comparison to Beyoncé when it comes to being "wholesome" or "modest," she needs to go back in time and see how Janet went from teen sensation to full grown musical s-x symbol. She gave guys lap dances on her tours and even has a song about BDSM. Any Janet fan would know that, Raven is just trying it here.

I mean, for christ's sake did she not see Queen Janet's Rolling Stone cover!?

:sharon:

Exactly! :rofl: 

Maybe Raven needs to dig up her Velvet Rope Tour DVD so she can come back to her senses.

It's science, bitch

Monster2015

She used to be the last Disney Star that survived apocalypse, not anymore :giveup:

Nope hiliary duff is the last disney gem :yes:

Goosey

USA-GA21MJ3D71jpg.jpg

​Beautiful! 

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

wahkeenasitka

Personally, I'm mostly with Raven on this one... 

I'm not a fan of Beyonce's outfit at the Met Gala. I don't think it's flattering, don't like the makeup or the hair, and honestly - outfits like this and the Rihanna nude dress make me really appreciate modesty. 

(This coming from a lady who walked around naked once 13 years ago in a transparent stripper maxi dress, wearing only a thong... and thought nothing of it.) (I was brazen and crazy in my young twenties.)

Honestly - I personally think that this outfit is MUCH s-xier & more flattering for Beyonce than the transparent dress she wore at the Met... 

normal_469735558_master.jpg

55485ddc7df477df32ed08ba_met-gala-beyonc

As much as I adore Gaga, there have been a number of times when I'm aghast at her fashion & lack-of-modesty choices.... 

Yes - Beyonce is a "Grown Woman" - but her choices do have an impact on how other women will choose to express themselves and many young ladies - no doubt - aspire to look or be as glamorous and s-xy as her... and so - as a feminist - I wish that Beyonce would empower herself and other women with their self-expression and beauty without excessive hyper-s-xualization. Unless celebrity pop stars now are just glorified strippers... and not that there's anything wrong with strippers (I've stripped myself a few times - and have had many girlfriends who have been strippers).... 

Anyway, just random thoughts. 

I didn't like the dress. 

Archived