💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Top 40 station REFUSES to add Pretty Girls!

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo

since when does pop radio have standards though lol. fickle pop dj's are so weird.... 

This also crossed my mind. They called it a trash song. Have they not looked at the top 10 on pop radio right now? Pretty Girls wouldn't stick out that's for sure. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

That's very AGEIST towards Brit and RACIST towards Iggy. :green:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

LoveandMagic

This confuses me. I can understand the DJ's not liking a song, but if there are lots of requests for it, shouldn't they play it? Isn't that the job of radio stations? To give the consumers what they want?

And no, I am not crazy for this song, but if a lot of people are requesting it, then it's popular enough to be played because that's what the listeners want.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Paper Planes

Not entirely certain of how radio stations work but I guess I assumed all kiis fm's were linked as like a brand or something? If radio stations could be a brand. obviously the different counties would have different dj's and stuff but I figured it was the biggest top 40 station in most counties.

​Normally KISS-FM stations are a brand, all linked off of the flagship KIIS-FM. This one in Milwaukee is a strange anomaly though, because they don't have ties to KIIS-FM.

delete it fat

Pure Adrenaline

I understand their desicion :proud:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

PaperIz

That's crazy to me, if the people who listen to your station want to hear something shouldn't you let them? Isn't that like their job? :awkney: 

Nemo

I'm not a Britney fan, and I haven't even heard the song, but it makes me sick when radio people act like this.

JusKeepBreathin

Who the hell cares? I don't understand why radio has such a hold on music. No one listens to radio anymore. To gage musics popularity by radio is ridiculous. It means 50 to 60 year old white men are telling us what's popular and what we "should be listening to." Also streaming is killing radio just as much as its killing album sales. Why should I put on the radio and wait for a song when I can listen to what I want when I want it. Billboard need to adjust the formula that it has to rank singles on the Hot100 to give radio less of the impact it deserves. I can't wait until the day cars come with Spotify, Tidal or Beats streaming service for free for the first 5 years. Good bye radio!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Fiona Apple

Lol why are you all acting like the song is trash? :awkney: It's just a dumb catchy pop song. It's not something tragic.

Fiona Apple

Who the hell cares? I don't understand why radio has such a hold on music. No one listens to radio anymore. To gage musics popularity by radio is ridiculous. It means 50 to 60 year old white men are telling us what's popular and what we "should be listening to." Also streaming is killing radio just as much as its killing album sales. Why should I put on the radio and wait for a song when I can listen to what I want when I want it. Billboard need to adjust the formula that it has to rank singles on the Hot100 to give radio less of the impact it deserves. I can't wait until the day cars come with Spotify, Tidal or Beats streaming service for free for the first 5 years. Good bye radio!

​That will never happen :sharon:

JusKeepBreathin

​That will never happen :sharon:

where do you listen to radio? I only listen in the car and that's only sometimes because the majority of the time my phone is connected and I have my playlist on. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin

That's very AGEIST towards Brit and RACIST towards Iggy. :green:

:lmao:

AyeshaErotica

Pretty Girls is not a hit single in my opinion so they have the right to refuse it.

Actually, the only reason why Pretty Girls may reach a high chart position is because thousands of hardcore Britney fans will madly support it and then Britney fans will claim "Pretty Girls did well because it is a good song" and reference chart rankings. This world is so sick.

I'm looking gorgeous tonight

JusKeepBreathin

Pretty Girls is not a hit single in my opinion so they have the right to refuse it.

Actually, the only reason why Pretty Girls may reach a high chart position is because thousands of hardcore Britney fans will madly support it and then Britney fans will claim "Pretty Girls did well because it is a good song" and reference chart rankings. This world is so sick.

Isn't "fans supporting a song" how all songs become hit singles? :huh:

​pretty unnecessary 

Archived