Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Marilyn Manson

Ziggster

58 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Manson album?

• Portrait of an American Family
    • Antichrist Superstar
    • Mechanical Animals
    • Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)
    • The Golden Age of Grotesque
    • Eat Me, Drink Me
    • The High End of Low
    • Born Villain

Featured Posts

The Stranger

1. Heart Shaped Glasses :cry:

2. No Reflection :legend:

3. The Dope Show

4. mOBSCENE

5. Disposable Teens

6. Get Your Gunn

7. The Beautiful People

8. Arma Goddamn Mother****ing Geddon :eww:

Edited by HausOfGerard

I will admit that just solely based on this one song it doesn't seem like his sound is evolving or changing at all. But seriously, you have to admit that this song is better than anything that was on Eat Me, Drink Me or High End of Low. I really think that Twiggy being there for the entire process of the album made the difference. Plus, first singles have never been the best songs on the albums, imo.

I agree with that :legend: now that I listen to it more I'm starting to lurve it. It's a grower. :legend:

Edited by Mole

The Stranger

OMFG I see alot of Vampire themes in the No Reflection video since Vampires don't have reflections :legend:

Hi! Im new to this thread :D I've been listening to Manson since 2009, Im a pretty late-fan purely because of my age (born in '93)

Im a huge fan of all his records (not so much POAFF), and actually I think EMDM (as an era) is one of my favourite stages in his career. I really enjoy the record (the title track is one of my favourite MM songs overall) and I really like his creative direction around that time. THEOL, to me, felt like an "inebtween" record. It wasn't the best, but it was necessary to get those songs out there at that time. I really enjoyed the feeling of honesty and vulnerability on THEOL, like the video for RTTEOTW, it's so simple. And now, with No Reflection and the Born Villain video, Id say he's certainly on the track to becoming great again. Revolver magazine even called BV his most "focused" record since Holy Wood recently :D

/rant

Oh and in regards to the BV video, I was pretty disappointed that it was released so long before the record. Like it felt as if the era had official begun, **** was finally happening.. and then nothing until 2012.

Edited by dc1993