Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga wears Kimono @ Chinese themed event

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

I hope next time these little hypocrites stop attacking Katy in every damn thread about her. Thanks for the clock.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vernier

​Monsters said Katy was "racist" for wearing Asian attire. Meanwhile...Gaga is doing the same. Where are the social justice warriors? the people who were concerned about "cultural appropration111!!!" 2 days ago?

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

​I don't understand tho, what is it? Is she racist for wearing a "kimono" at a chinese themed event like the thread title says or for wearing an "Asian" attire? Which is it?

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Iwontell

I love how ppl around here think that defending Katy makes them seem reasonable...
chelsea-handler-puts-saturday-night-live

Anyway :bye:, this is turning into Katydaily again and I didn't sign up for that...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Bitch

I hope next time these literally hypocrites stop attacking Katy in every damn thread about her. Thanks for the clock.

What clock? He litterally embarresed himself

Gaga cannot with one red carpet event even attempt to come near queen Katy's legacy of asian cultural appropriation.

You tried Gags.

Blue Jeans

But what Gaga's doing right now is no different than what Katy did at the AMA awards yet you all scold her.

explain please

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

​How is it the same ? Katy showed up at the American music awards performing as a Geisha.

Gaga showed up to a Chinese themed event, with an outfit Inspired by chinese culture designed by a Chinese decent Designer.

So again how is it the same ?

cOVLbKH.gif

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Gagadisiak

​I don't understand tho, what is it? Is she racist for wearing a "kimono" at a chinese themed event like the thread title says or for wearing an "Asian" attire? Which is it?

​so that mean everyone at the event are racist omg ... 

Où est-tu ma Salope ?

somnambulist

Mods- this is exactly the kind of thread I'm talking about. THIS IS GAGADAILY. Why are users trying to "clock" gaga and her fans on her message board? Not only that, but the OP doesn't even make sense seeing as how she's not even wearing a Kimono.  

Bitch

Lmao this

Bitch

​How is it the same ? Katy showed up at the American music awards performing as a Geisha.

Gaga showed to a Chinese themed event, with an outfit Inspired by chinese culture designed by a Chinese decent Designer.

So Again how is it the same ?

cOVLbKH.gif

Drag ha

Bebe

But what Gaga's doing right now is no different than what Katy did at the AMA awards yet you all scold her.

explain please

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

This site explains it better than I could:

"This fetishization has been empirically proven to hurt Asian women. 41-61% of Asian women experience physical or s-xual violence by an intimate partner during their lifetime, the highest rate for any ethnic group. Between 5,000-8,000 Asian women are trafficked into the US each year for s-x slavery, also the largest amount for any ethnic group."

"The thing is, while a bucket of toner can strip the geisha makeup off of Perry’s face, nothing can remove the demeaning and harmful iconography of the lotus blossom from the West’s perception of Asian women — a stereotype that presents them as servile, passive, and as Perry would have it, “unconditional” worshippers of their men, willing to pay any price and weather any kind of abuse in order to keep him happy."

http://freethoughtblogs.com/aronra/2013/11/27/asian-cultural-sensitivity-101-why-is-katy-perrys-geisha-performance-considered-racist/

RAMROD

Well karma has came and kicked some of the Little Hypocrites in the ass.

just about 2 days ago GagaDaily became Social Justice Warriors.com and attacked Katy Perry for wearing a Nepal(?) flag

now Gaga is wearing a JAPANESE outfit at a CHINESE themed event.

pls explain

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

LOL Japanese?

Chinese ancient traditional outfits have similiar style as well.

Ancient-Chinese-Clothing-Chinese-font-b-

National-clothes-fairy-tang-suit-font-b-

chinese-traditional-hanfu-dresses.jpg

a8a15f3cdd452da80c4f3ac7fde862ff.jpg

7469f0901d36a282e027c7d76065d077.jpg

1.0x0.jpg

1.0x0.jpg

Traditional-Chinese-Wedding-Dress-with-H

Before you clock someone please do some research :sharon:

So, Am sorry, no karma for monsters yet.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD

I hope next time these literally hypocrites stop attacking Katy in every damn thread about her. Thanks for the clock.

Why? Gaga dont wear Japanese clothes, she is on track with the theme? See above post.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

HANZ

that's not a kimono, that looks more like a Hanfu

EDUCATE YOURSELF KATY CAT

1478_9e58.jpeg

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

SissyFromSpace

I'm not saying that its racist. I'm just saying that it could be interpreted as "racist"  because of whatever reason. No white girl is supposed to be in traditional Asian attire regardless (this is what culturally educated people think not me)

i7ISif6iHj54k.gif

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived