💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

I'm tired of Katy Perry's competition

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Whispering

I have a feeling this thread isn't going to end well. 

venusian

I don't understand the logic. New career peaks/comebacks happen all the time. Someone could count Gaga out because she peaked. 

​but she ressurected her career with c2c , oscars , and ahs

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

StrawberryBlond

I doubt Gaga will be unlucky for the third time in a row (though technically, it all started at the tail end of the TFM era, when Alejandro got overshadowed by California Gurls). Even if the schedules coincide, the chances of Katy winning again are slim. Her recent single performances have shown that the public is distinctly tired of her generic pop style and if she does go acoustic next time, they won't accept that either, as her previous ballad single performances attest. Katy has gone through her peak and she's getting too old for major radio support in the s-xist music industry's eyes. Gaga will have the edge over her next time, I can feel it. Miley has peaked and burned out, Taylor will have pretty much finished her successful era and when Beyonce returns, it'll be as part of a joint project with Jay Z. I can't think of any other female popstar who could stand in the way of Gaga's comeback. She just has to grab this chance with both hands.

Dorothy Gale

Maybe now that they're on good terms they'll schedule their album releases at different times. :fan:

Yves

I agree. She should be relate-able on the next era. 1989 and the preceding albums of Taylor are relata-able because of a concept almost everyone can relate to: Love. I like Applause but is it relate-able. It's a hit, I know. DWUW? About s-x. GUY? About s-x. They got tired. Change your concept, Gaga.

Creyk

I agree. She should be relate-able on the next era. 1989 and the preceding albums of Taylor are relata-able because of a concept almost everyone can relate to: Love. I like Applause but is it relate-able. It's a hit, I know. DWUW? About s-x. GUY? About s-x. They got tired. Change your concept, Gaga.

​she doesn't write about personal things

unless you count Dope but most of the fanbase hates that song so...

Kayla

Goodness, no! The one thing that bugged me the most about 1989 was that Taylor was singing about the same stuff she always does. ARTPOP had diversity in lyrical meaning, and I appreciate that in an album. I appreciate that about Gaga - not all her songs are about love and relationships, and even the ones that are have a different underlying meaning hidden under the superficial love/s-x one. 

The only reason I'm tired of Katy's competition with Gaga is because I feel Gaga deserves more praise. When you look at who's putting in more work, who's more knowledgeable, who is putting soul into what she creates, Gaga's got it. But people don't look past the superficial layer. The SXSW Swine performance, for example. People just thought she was being crazy and getting vomited on, but the whole imagery was a message about rape and what it feels like, and Gaga taking ownership of those feelings. 

I do see a shift in cultural preference of music/artistry, though. People seem to be getting sick of this same-old-same-old superficial stuff. Kendrick's album doing so well, for example.

monketsharona

And I'm tired of those wars with Madonna's fans and Katy Perry's fans... That is tiring. That's just childish. I'm glad they took that picture yesterday ! 

Archived