other

Gaga CORRECTS Billboard

Henry

Featured Posts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpaceAce

​No wayyyyy? In a forum full of blind stans? Shocking!

Anyway, I'm aware she can do what she wants. It's just an overall better look for her when she doesn't seem perched on searching & refuting every (even positive [?]) thing the media publishes about her. Like I thought she was kind of over that and tending to her chickens and whatnot but... before I even knew about the award in the first place, she manages to already have sent a "Scuse me sweetie (: it's 100% of my songs not 95%. Thanksssss (: "

But she hasn't worked her ass off in this male dominated industry just to have much of her achievements written off as she's supposed to be receiving an award for them. Any amount of basic research would have told the writer of this article that she has a role in writing all of her songs, including the hits. A little more professional research and digging would have told them that she's actually quite generous when giving writing credits to her producers. Women still get characterized as being incapable of running their own ship and being the creative mind of their own work... it's good to call things like this out and correct lazy writers who think the facts aren't important.

Her comment wasn't as patronizing as you've obviously interpreted it. She was straight to the point and not rude. Maybe you have some insecurities about how you'll come off when standing up for yourself but you shouldn't project them onto your fave. She's worked hard to be acknowledged as a songwriter and she deserves full credit.

The rest of us aren't blind just because your opinion has been singled out. You might want to consider that your opinion is coming from a weird place of indifference and s-xism. Gaga shouldn't have to worry about how she ~looks when she's simply telling a writer to check their facts. It's their job. We all know the risks of women speaking up for themselves and being called a b---h just for doing so. I'm glad Gaga doesn't let that affect how she handles herself and defends herself.

Jjang

I guess they wanted to publish a quick report about her & didn't care much for small details.

Attacking BB for this is so lame. (fans)

SpaceAce

I guess they wanted to publish a quick report about her & didn't care much for small details.

Attacking BB for this is so lame.

​If you think telling a publication to do better fact checking is an "attack", then I don't know what to say to you. You all are so dramatic.

Jjang

​If you think telling a publication to do better fact checking is an "attack", then I don't know what to say to you. You all are so dramatic.

Was not talking 'bout Gaga.

SpaceAce

Was not talking 'bout Gaga.

​Sorry, I misinterpreted that. Fans I assume are leaving threatening messages in the comments? Typical.

Ronlop

​That's still unprofessional.

But yeah, people shouldn't attack them for this when their cause was good.

Cody Draco

Maybe they are counting C2C which, isn't written by her

​It's a songwriting award though. She didn't write anything on C2C so C2C is irrelevant.

Cody Draco

I don't agree with your reading :sweat: Mine's the following:

"Had a hand in" = contributed to (among others)

"most of her hits" = high percentage of each song

​"most of her hits" implies that she doesn't have a hand in ALL of her hits :madge:

Haroon

​Sorry kiddo. Your grammar is incorrect here. "Most of her hits" reads exactly the way it should. If they wanted to say what you've interpreted, they would have said something like: she had the biggest hand in writing her hits.

​"most of her hits" implies that she doesn't have a hand in ALL of her hits :madge:

​That's fine :yes: If I can read it wrong then I can only hope they wrote it wrong :rofl: 

VforVendetta

​That's because they're not Little Monsters and don't know anything about Gaga! 

​No,they are one of the biggest music magazines that are also paid a ton of money so the least they have to do before they write their article is research.

Whispering

Fair enough? :confused: That doesn't make it any less valid :laughga: Unreliable maybe :shrug: 

It makes it innacurate and gives the impression that there were some hit songs that were given to Gaga by other songwriters, which we all know isn't the case. 

Haroon

It makes it innacurate and gives the impression that there were some hit songs that were given to Gaga by other songwriters, which we all know isn't the case. 

​I was speaking about my reading, not what they said :dies: 

Archived