💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

This drives me insane

Dodo

Featured Posts

aaronyoji

most of these people are engineers who where operating **** in the studio. there is no discovery here to be made tbh. not everyone on this list is a songwriter or ghostwriter helping her write her surprise visual album.....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kayla

What exactly does a mixing assistant do? :huh: And "Recording" - is that just the person on the other side of the window at a recording studio that makes sure things are going well while you're playing instruments/singing?

There's some on here that make a lot of sense. Backup singers, R. Kelly, Too Short, Twista, etc. they're going to make the list longer, but not in an "omg there's so many people kind of way." And having multiple people playing horns for a song- if you want a part where there are three horns being played at the same time, you need three people to play horns.:hehe: 

I also think if you end up recording at multiple studios (especially if you're traveling a lot) you'll end up with more people to credit. Like if Gaga had stuck in the same place to record, she'd probably only have ONE of everything listed instead of multiple mixing assistants, multiple recording, etc. But every time you go to a new studio there's new people, which means more credits. 

I'm curious about how many credits are on Born This Way now. As far as music quality goes, it's her best album, so it'd be interesting to see if there are more or less credits. (music quality- not personal preference, not commercial success, etc.) 

Kayla

​Understandable, but I don't think Applause needed 8 writers.  

​idk did you hear that leaked demo? It needed something. :sweat:

lego

wiki:

"Applause" was written and produced by Gaga and DJ White Shadow, along with Martin Bresso, Nick Monson, and Dino Zisis while on the road for her Born This Way Ball tour in 2012.

AND PRODUCED...

Martin Bresso - Also known as Tchami

Born Paris, France

Genres

Future House, Deep house, Tech House

Occupation(s) Producer, DJ

Instruments Synthesizer, Drumcomputer, DJ Equipment

Nick Monson is a sound engineer, composer and producer.

He worked with Lady Gaga on the following song(s):

Songs from ARTPOP (2013):

"Applause" (Co-producer) <--- CO-PRODUCER

Dino Zisis, also known as Speedlove, is a EDM house composer, producer and mixer.

He has worked with Lady Gaga on the following song(s):

Songs from ARTPOP (2013):

"Applause" (Co-producer) <----  CO-PRODUCER

FreePalestine

Marina bankrupted her label with her previous album, those Dr Luke songs were expensive as hell and they bombed. Of course her budget was cut for this new album.

gagzus

and the album was made over a 2 year and so many months period so...

plus they did an excellent job, it's her best produced album, maybe not her best as a pop artist but as a perfectionist she definitely made it sound & flow perfectly, plus you can barely tell where her voice was edited (until u see her perform it live obviously)

lego

What if they worked on ARTPOP but like at least 10 acts

I love that gif omg

FreePalestine

giskardsb

Gaga recorded in multiple places, hence multiple teams.    And it's not like every person listed had an equal share.  We know who the major players were on what songs, it's not that complicated.

Then there is the fact that the "Froot" song is worse than every song on ARTPOP.  

• Jase locked this topic

Archived