Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Now that The Throne of Pop is empty......

daviddarko

Featured Posts

Bad Bromance

Y'all let's not argue here.  Let Katy, Rihanna, Taylor, or Miley get the title of Queen of Pop.  Gaga has the best title of all........She's the Queen of Music.  Period.   :queenga:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LORD GAGA

At this point if we associate the things about madonna with the title 'queen of pop' then i'd like to keep Lady Gaga as far away from that categorisation as possible, she's far too talented and genuine to be labelled with such a title. There are more 'negative' things that spring to mind at this point when you think of madonna than good, and thats just being truthful... 

LORD GAGA

I feel that there are more important things to being the "Queen of Pop." Selling albums is on there, but cranking out hits does not earn a throne. You've gotta make an impact. 

I'd say the Queen of Pop needs these qualities:

Longevity

Trend-Setter

Reinvention

Impactful

Multi-Talented

Performance

Originality

Knowledge

Chart Success

Ahead of her Peers

​I agree with your list but i would actually put that as a checklist for a successful genuine artist rather than the queen of pop, because in madonna's case she has been able to bluff a lot of it over the years (this isn't shade) but makes up for it with eh whole 'shock factor' and attention grabbing. ideally a genuine artist should possess all of the qualities you speak of and be able to maintain them throughout their career.

How bout an unbiased list? :flop: 

Can dance: Bey, Jlo, Janet, Shakira, Britney

Can sing: Gaga, Bey, Adele, Ariana, Christina, Mariah

Can write: Gaga, Taylor, Katy, Sia, Nicki, Adele

Can perform: Gaga, Bey, Madge, Britney, Pink, Katy

Can reinvent: Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor

Has longevity: Bey, Rihanna, Taylor, Madge, Mariah

#1s: Mariah, Madge, Rihanna, Katy

Can sell albums: Adele, Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce, Nicki

Can sell out stadiums: Gaga, Bey, Madge, Katy, Taylor, Pink

Impact: Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, Madge

is global: Shakira, JLO, Katy, Gaga, Rihanna, Madonna

overall its

1. Madge 

2. Mariah

3. Britney

4. Gaga

5. Rih

6. Bey

7. Taylor

8. Katy

9. Janet

10. Jlo/Shakira

Taylor Swift is now global, dear. And she can put a good show. 

Rihanna doesn't sell a lot of albums since GGB. So un-check that.

Alfonso

​Gosh :awkney:Most Taylor's albums have sold like 5m in the US and 2 outside of it. This is NOT called a worldwide artist. Gaga is a worldwide artist. BTW sold 2,3m in the US but sold 4m outside of it. Even ARTPOP sold like 750k in the US but sold 1,2m outside of it

Well, yeah maybe :toofunny:....

What a Mess thread tho :lolly:

How bout an unbiased list? :flop: 

Can dance: Bey, Jlo, Janet, Shakira, Britney

Can sing: Gaga, Bey, Adele, Ariana, Christina, Mariah

Can write: Gaga, Taylor, Katy, Sia, Nicki, Adele

Can perform: Gaga, Bey, Madge, Britney, Pink, Katy

Can reinvent: Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor

Has longevity: Bey, Rihanna, Taylor, Madge, Mariah

#1s: Mariah, Madge, Rihanna, Katy

Can sell albums: Adele, Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce, Nicki

Can sell out stadiums: Gaga, Bey, Madge, Katy, Taylor, Pink

Impact: Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, Madge

is global: Shakira, JLO, Katy, Gaga, Rihanna, Madonna

overall its

1. Madge 

2. Mariah

3. Britney

4. Gaga

5. Rih

6. Bey

7. Taylor

8. Katy

9. Janet

10. Jlo/Shakira

Britney not being listed under reinvention, longevity, album sales, impact, or being global but being put down as able to perform.:green: 

Britney not being listed under reinvention, longevity, album sales, impact, or being global but being put down as able to perform.:green: 

Well she can put on a good show. She just can't sing and yeah I'm sure I forgot other ppl top. I generally don't use Brit as much so i tend to forget ha

Pure Adrenaline

1#

forreinvetning herself part ... the only one that haven't do that yet is Katy, because since her debut she had the same image for every album era

all the other girls on that list have done it at least once, Miley's being the biggest one

2#

for putting a good show I think all of them could do that because as u know those 5 gather different audience and since they all have managed to maintain a fan base that means that all 5 of them are able to please their crowds and that shows with their tour incomes and fan reviews 

3# 

for selling alot of album bot Gaga and Rihanna stand at 10m+ in the US, Miley's first album have sold a lot and her last album happened to outsell Gaga's last 2 albums(AP, C2C) and Katy's TD have sold more than Gaga's BTW in the US amd Katy's last album have sold more than double the ammount of Gaga's ARTPOP

U can't just go and compare artists based on your stan/biased point of view, u have to be realist because u will look just like any other artist's delusional fan :shrug: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

LegendJudas

I thought it was cool that Gaga said something like Britney is her inspiration though :)

LoveGameGuru

I saw a lot of articles about Britney Spears recently, is she having new music out?

​shes making a dumb ****ing song called Pretty Girls . She cant compare to C2C Gaga and tony bennet >>> Iggy and Britney

Archived