Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bjork: "Sound is the n***** of the world"

Yanko

Featured Posts

I don't get what she means ... 

​She's saying that sound/music is under appreciated and not properly treated, especially in a gallery/museum environment. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joumana

​Nope I didn't say she dehumanized anyone. I said the word has been used in the past to and still is used to do so. You don't get to re-appropriate a word with these connotations to make a kick-ass metaphor. 

She was reffering to SOUND and why is that? Did you just create boundaries to self expression?

guess whos up in this bitch

​Once again, I'm not one of the people saying she is racist. I bet she isn't. But she does not have the right to use that word to fit her metaphor. Well, she does technically "have the right" but she should be prepared to deal with the consequences of using such language. It doesn't feel in good taste.

​I suppose your right, I can see why it would upset people obviously. But I can also see her point. Maybe not the best choice of word.

Yanko

​I suppose your right, I can see why it would upset people obviously. But I can also see her point. Maybe not the best choice of word.

​exactly

She was reffering to SOUND and why is that? Did you just create boundaries to self expression?

​No by all means she can use whatever language she likes.. But that doesn't mean I have to think it was tasteful or respectful. I don't think it was necessarily disrespectful to african americans but there are better ways to get your point across without using incendiary words that will offend people. 

Tropico

If you're gonna use a slur, you better have a dam good reason for doing so. :duck: WHAT does she even mean? 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Joumana

Its a perfect choice of word i see nothing with it people eho are insulted are stupid she had absolutely no bad intentions

guess whos up in this bitch

Admin

If you're gonna use a slur, you better have a dam good reason for doing so. :duck: WHAT does she even mean? 

​It's a reference to a 1972 John Lennon song. 

Its a perfect choice of word i see nothing with it people eho are insulted are stupid she had absolutely no bad intentions

​Well sorry, @No Angel As a person of color I guess you are "stupid" for being insulted by a word that was used to oppress your people for hundreds of years.

​Well sorry, @No Angel As a person of color I guess you are "stupid" for being insulted by a word that was used to oppress your people for hundreds of years.

​But your taking Bjorks comment completely out of context and bringing it into a racial context. You're missing the point. Bjork is talking about a medium, not a human being. She is using the word to make a point. 

​But your taking Bjorks comment completely out of context and bringing it into a racial context. You're missing the point. Bjork is talking about a medium, not a human being. She is using the word to make a point. 

​And for the fifth time I'll say this: it isn't her word to make a point with. 

No Angel

Well, I'll be damned.​ Like Yanko said, my IQ has dropped significantly after seeing that response! 

:sharon:

​And for the fifth time I'll say this: it isn't her word to make a point with. 

​So should she use the word fa**ot? c**t?

Archived