💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Katy Perry Wants To Perform At Coachella

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth

​I think she is way smarter than to do something like that

However I do hope that they take note of TIHWD/B-DAY's performance in contrast to DH and do a more serious album

I think the main reason that This Is How We Do and Birthday underperformed was because they had very little to zero promo. I mean, besides a Billboard Music Awards performance, a lyric video, and a music video (that didn't even appealed to the GP), what other promo Birthday had? Same goes with This Is How We Do but it was even WORSE! TIHWD only had a lyric video and a music video. That's a very poor promo (you can't even call that promotion). If only Katy had released Legendary Lovers besides Birthday and Walking On Air besides This Is How We Do as 4th and 5th official singles from PRISM, can you imagine the slayage? :bunny:

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

I think the main reason that This Is How We Do and Birthday underperformed was because they had very little to zero promo. I mean, besides a Billboard Music Awards performance, a lyric video, and a music video (that didn't even appealed to the GP), what other promo Birthday had? Same goes with This Is How We Do but it was even WORSE! TIHWD only had a lyric video and a music video. That's a very poor promo (you can't even call that promotion). If only Katy had released Legendary Lovers besides Birthday and Walking On Air besides This Is How We Do as 4th and 5th official singlws from PRISM, can you imagine the slayage? :bunny:

​Yeah I know, when the monsters in the chart thread laughed at TIHWD flopping and I reminded them that the song had no promo they always told me to shup up :miley:

Such a shame because it's my fave song from PRISM and I love it's video

i'm so over Katy, sorry.

​and I'm so over useless comments. :duck: 

(I don't want to offend you, but why do people always comment into threads if they hate or don't like an artist). 

the fact Gaga even did Lolla at that point was astounding

it's really not the type of festival for major mainstream high performance value girls 

LoveandMagic

Guys, can we not turn this into another Katy bashing thread?

I don't see a problem with her being there if she is wanted, but isn't Coachella kind of a hipster thing?

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Bette Davis

:air: how is she basic? Explain.

Honestly, Katy seems like a lovely person and she has potential but everything she does just is so manufactured. I just don't get authentic vibes from her at all. She is just full of clichés and comes off so generic. I wish she would put more of herself into her music, style, etc.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Kacey Elizabeth

Honestly, Katy seems like a lovely person and she has potential but everything she does just is so manufactured. I just don't get authentic vibes from her at all. She is just full of clichés and comes off so generic. I wish she would put more of herself into her music, style, etc.

I don't blame you. As commercially successful (and critically acclaimed since 2012 - Teenage Dream The Complete Confection) and popular Katy is and as radio friendly and bubblegum most of her singles are, it's not hard to think that she is as manufactured as Britney, Miley, Ariana, and etc... are but the truth couldn't be more opposite. Katy is one of the few real/authentic artists/musicians today in the music industry. Katy writes the lyrics of most of her songs and co-writes the lyrics of some of her songs & she also co-composes the music of most of her songs and composes the music of some of her songs as well (she also produces few of her songs too). To put it in short, Katy writes + composes all her own songs and she does the same thing for many others. That's a very rare thing to find in music industry today. All of Katy's songs and albums are her own ideas and concepts and are of her own vision. All of Katy's songs are about her life and personality; what she has been through, her ups and downs in life, who she is, what she believes in, and etc... Katy's outfits and hairstyles/wigs are all chosen by herself and are designed the way she wants. Katy's videos are directed the way she personally wants and the concepts and ideas are all hers. Katy's tours and performances are all of her own vision, concepts, and ideas and are created, produced, and directed the way she wants. Katy 100% is in complete control of her career. She is the boss and the CEO in her team and career. She drives the ship. Anybody who works with her tells you the same thing. That's why Katy has her own record label. You probably only see the success and popualarity of Katy, not her 24 hour each day worth of hard work. You probably only hear I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, Waking Up In Vegas, California Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework, Peacock, E.T., Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.), Hummingbird Heartbeat, Dressin Up, Roar, Walking On Air, Dark Horse, Birthday, This Is How We Do, and International Smile which all are still meaningful, deep, specific (not generic), and have a lot of texture in different ways and you don't hear One Of The Boys, Thinking Of You, Mannequin, Ur So Gay, If You Can Afford Me, Lost, Self Inflicted, I'm Still Breathing, Fingerprints, I Think I'm Ready, A Cup Of Coffee, Circle The Drain, The One That Got Away, Who Am I Living For?, Pearl, Not Like The Movies, Part Of Me, Wide Awake, Legendary Lovers, Unconditionally, Ghost, Love Me, This Moment, Double Rainbow, By The Grace Of God, Spiritual, It Takes Two, and Choose Your Battles. Katy is still the same girl that she was when she was a struggling as a artist/musician in 2001-2007. The fame hasn't gotten to Katy's head. Katy is always being herself and that's the message that she sends out to us KatyCats.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Archived