celeb

Madonna has actually done some amazing stuff

Sia Daily

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlioncourt91

Never understood the hype for Confessions. The album is a bop but it's very safe compared to the previous work she put out. It has absolutely no messages and is just a dance album. The last true Madonna for me was "American Life" and it cost her plenty. 

I always felt her opus are Like a Prayer and Ray of Light; two huge albums that credited her as a serious artists when the media and people were beginning to write her off. Like a Prayer being the first mature album dealing with a variety issues (True Blue was mature pop with some fun) but LAP dealt with heavy issues from death, domestic abuse, religion, s-x etc. Ray of Light came from the acclaim of Evita but the 90's (after Erotica) with many saying she shot herself in the foot with the Sex Book, this album proved she is still a force to be reckoned with. Ray of Light - spiritual, confessional and ethereal album.

I'm sure there's another one coming. She just needs to no longer focus on the charts and solely on the music. Even on her lesser work, there's songs like "Messiah, Masterpiece, Falling Free, Wash All Over Me" and countless other tracks that prove she's capable of writing amazing songs.

Pierre

RAY OF LIGHT :legend: 

Confessions on a Dance Floor :legend:

Celebration :worship:

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Psychedelic

Yes, her albums lately are not up to the quality of the stuff she used to put out. However they are above the average of pop music quality nowadays... so... :miley: 

She's still Madonna... She's still the Queen... She still ****s on all your other faves

Rat Boy

Like A Prayer is such a great track.

I may have interpreted this completely wrong but how I see LAP (song) is that it's KINDA like one of those songs you get at a church (not the traditional hymn style ones, the newer ones, you know like "shine jesus shine"..) yet no one really clocked on to the fact they were singing along to a very religious song-just because it sounded good.

I can't actually explain what I mean, it's very hard to type. Basically only Madonna could do that.

I really think she's amazing, she's broken barriers (and possibly created some! lol) but overall I am glad to be in the world when Madonna was (is...I know she's still alive but I mean he career lol..oh gawd, I'll end now).

​I love the way you described LAP! It's like a mysterious gospel song.

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

Ferrer Zorola

I like frozen, MDNA has great tracks too like love spent, material girl is cute, I LOVE hung up, hard candy has lots of fun songs (devil wouldn't recognize you <3) oh and I HATE and can not stand American life I mean I get you want to be all serious and $#it but the only song I can listen to in that album is die another day and I still consider it annoying as F 

LIFE IS GOOD

Sia Daily

Hung Up is amazing. That was the first M CD single I ever bought (I think I was like 13).

I think pretty much the whole ROL album is fantastic even if you're not a fan of what she's trying to do there (very experimental yet more subtle than latter experimental efforts if that makes sense).

I also won't lie and admit that I love Living For Love. I think it's a great track, maybe 10 years too late perhaps to have significant impact.

Oh and let us not forget the amazing EROTICA! I love that album (well most of it...thief of hearts I love).

Out of interest, 'Vogue' is randomly on the **** Tracy album isn't it? I've not heard that album but believe Vogue was just a stand alone single kinda thing, it came from no album? Or was it intended for that soundtrack?

ShockPop

When you can afford a songwriting team like she can...

I mean, when you write songs like she does :awkney:

Then it's surprising she hasn't had more genius moments like The Power of Goodbye and Frozen. 

ShockPop

Like A Prayer is such a great track.

I may have interpreted this completely wrong but how I see LAP (song) is that it's KINDA like one of those songs you get at a church (not the traditional hymn style ones, the newer ones, you know like "shine jesus shine"..) yet no one really clocked on to the fact they were singing along to a very religious song-just because it sounded good.

I can't actually explain what I mean, it's very hard to type. Basically only Madonna could do that.

I really think she's amazing, she's broken barriers (and possibly created some! lol) but overall I am glad to be in the world when Madonna was (is...I know she's still alive but I mean he career lol..oh gawd, I'll end now).

​I watched a documentary on the construction of this song about 5 years ago or so. The way they laid the bass on the track was very interesting. It's quite a technical bass line.

The song, however, is styled like gospel music in order to portray the 'i love jesus and praying' image of the song, but in reality, the song is about a man who's making her scream for Jesus in bed because she's reaching a point higher than nirvana aka it's a cum song.

Sia Daily

​I watched a documentary on the construction of this song about 5 years ago or so. The way they laid the bass on the track was very interesting. It's quite a technical bass line.

The song, however, is styled like gospel music in order to portray the 'i love jesus and praying' image of the song, but in reality, the song is about a man who's making her scream for Jesus in bed because she's reaching a point higher than nirvana aka it's a cum song.

​Oh no :(

This is like when I found out DITD was basically kinda like that, it had a different meaning to what I thought it was, and it was a disappointment :(

Oh well, onwards and upwards!

True Blue

Do you think that have gotten into a new label after COADF is the cause of her latest material not being  as good as previous work?

androiduser

anyone noticed that Madonna has always been paying dust to the song Who's That Girl?

It hasn't appeared on any of her compilations and she hasn't performed it live since 1987, and it was one of her biggest hits, a worldwide #1.

Fiona Apple

Of course she has an AMAZING discography..Confessions is my favourite album of hers

Archived