💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

"Tidal Gained 100K Subscribers" - NYPost

Yanko

Featured Posts

Yanko

http://nypost.com/2015/04/01/sprint-softbank-purchase-stake-in-jay-zs-tidal/

Sprint and parent SoftBank have bought a minority stake in Jay Z’s subscription music service, The Post has learned.

While the size of the investment couldn’t be learned, sources said the deal values Tidal at around $250 million. Just last month, Jay Z finalized the $56 million acquisition of Aspiro, the Swedish company that owns Tidal. He remains the biggest shareholder, sources said.

Tidal claims to have signed up 100,000 subscribers since Kanye West, Rihanna, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Alicia Keys and even Daft Punk joined Jay Z on stage, according to industry sources.

Bebe

I'm not so sure this will be the disaster some users here are predicting it will be. We will see how it fares and we will see if it really is a platform that will properly support artists in the coming months. 

question : is it possible for Tidal to have exclusive songs? like if LG5 came out but you only could get certain bonus tracks through tidal.

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Yanko

question : is it possible for Tidal to have exclusive songs? like if LG5 came out but you only could get certain bonus tracks through tidal.

​yes it's possible

rihanna and kanye will most likely put their new albums on tidal (not on spotify) 

i think thats why they havent released their albums yet 

​yes it's possible

rihanna and kanye will most likely put their new albums on tidal ​

:air: they win  

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Andreyw

default_air.jpg they win  

​what they win? in few hours those albums will be anywhere on the internet :smh:

SychosSoChic

Still don't know how I feel about it all, still don't know if, if I was an artist, would I join in on Tidal? But Jay-Z seems to know what he's doing, and I don't think Beyonce would put her name on something that would flop, even if it's her Husband's business venture.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

gagzus

bare in mind people found out that if you sign up with twitter you can make more & more accs to use the free trial with...

so their users may increase but it doesn't necessarily mean they're all different people :flop:

& not to mention people can record sound from their CPU to leak the albums free on PirateBay etc

Pure Adrenaline

and will loose them all once the free trial expires :gaycat: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Curunir

eehh. their target audience is COMPLETELY wrong. this thing MIGHT only attract audiophiles and if those prices remain the same then.. :awkney:

Archived