celeb

What's wrong with Gwen & Fergie?

Bloody

Featured Posts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bloody

The same thing that happened to Nelly Furtado and Christina Aguilera. If you take a long break, you're going to have a hard time coming back.. Gaga disappeared after Born This Way and it did harm her career.

​exactly :(

Baby Don't Lie is a good bop, I love it. But the follow-up with Pharrell was bad tho.

And I extremely, passionately hate L.A. Love.

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

Bebe

I like both recent efforts, but I think what went wrong is a lack of transformation. Their music and image was cool in the noughties.

Older fans are moving on and their music isn't trendy enough to hook new fans.

If I'm honest, I see a similar future for Katy. Gaga and Rihanna are proving to be rather diverse and might last a lot longer.

Anomaly

the songs weren't good enough for a comeback

​It's as simple as this, honestly. All that stuff about their age and not being a current "it-girl" and whatnot is a bit of an exaggeration. If we speak honestly, the truth is that the material they tried to make their comebacks with just wasn't good enough.

Gagadonna

I love them so much. "La La Love" is awesome I think, and... Gwen, I love her too, I was a big fan of her before the ***cat Dolls, but her new direction is disappointing, too commercial. I like "Baby Don't Lie" though. 

Bloody

I like both recent efforts, but I think what went wrong is a lack of transformation. Their music and image was cool in the noughties.

Older fans are moving on and their music isn't trendy enough to hook new fans.

If I'm honest, I see a similar future for Katy. Gaga and Rihanna are proving to be rather diverse and might last a lot longer.

​Katy definetely needs to change direction in her music. :yes: 

Jester

I don't even wanna think about it because I'm always scared for Gaga's future afterwards...

MonsterOfSpain

They were out of the scene for too long, that's why LG5/6 needs to be released now.

Quartz

Messy promo and subpar new singles will do that to everybody :trootea:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Fiona Apple

These gurls were NEVER as popular as Gaga or Katy is. Fergie had just 1 big album and Gwen is mostly popular for the No Doubts band and a bit for her first album

Psychedelic

Well, what can I say... Everything's been said in this thread already and I kinda agree with everyone. It's many factors involved, long career gaps, mediocre comeback singles, ageism, bad promo, etc. And it's all such a shame because they're twoo so talented and were able to pull up fantastic things in the past!

Bloody

They were out of the scene for too long, that's why LG5/6 needs to be released now.

​I agree. :gum: Long gaps can make damage. It would be great if LG6 was released in early 2016. 

Archived