💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

What's wrong with Gwen & Fergie?

Bloody

Featured Posts

honestly, age. Ageism is a thing on radio. Radio would've eaten that **** up 5 years ago as a comeback but now its been too long and they don't care

​Eh I think you're not keeping in mind the changing landscape of popular music. Sure radio may have eaten these songs up five years ago but that's because music was different five years ago. Audiences want different things now! To say Madonna Gwen and Fergie aren't doing well on the pure basis age... it just doesn't feel right. If they came out with good enough songs I'm sure they would have great success. But they didn't.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fergie never found her own style, she never worked to be seen as a real musician. Gwen was also to focused to long on fashion etc

Other girls came and took the audience away. You must show the world what you can when you will stay for a while and not only for few summers. You need substance also, it is not enough to be sweet.

xoxo cupcakke

It's just been so large a gap since their last solo album. They have lost popularity and had Gwen reignited her solo career after the last No Doubt hit single and Fergie were to continue her career where The Beginning left off, they would have been more successful

There hiatuses are what, to me, have done them in

Bloody

Fergie never found her own style, she never worked to be seen as a real musician. Gwen was also to focused to long on fashion etc

Other girls came and took the audience away. You must show the world what you can when you will stay for a while and not only for few summers. You need substance also, it is not enough to be sweet.

​I agree. :yes: 

Gwen was born 1969, same as Mariah and JLo. So she does face ageism on radio and some of her fanbase is ageing out of supporting new music. Other than the big 1994 ND album and the LAMB album, she never was that consistent.

Fergie is 40 and just had a baby. BEP were huge 2004-2010 but since then?

My Hot AC station plays Baby Doll Eyes and it's better than the average top 10 song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uo9oy-Eqo4

Gwen was born 1969, same as Mariah and JLo. So she does face ageism on radio and some of her fanbase is ageing out of supporting new music. Other than the big 1994 ND album and the LAMB album, she never was that consistent.

​simply put if she had an AMAZING lead single this whole comeback could've gone differently. They should've waited a long time to find a good song for her or not put anything out at all to avoid flopping like this

I don't know, I guess people just expected more or something closer to their earlier work :shrug:

But let's face it, Gwen physically doesn't age and is therefore immortal so she can have as many comebacks as she wants :lolly:

StrawberryBlond

I don't know why an artist would want to take such long breaks like this. Make one solo album and then decide never to do it again for another decade. Where's the thirst? What's the point in going solo if you're just going to abandon all those fans you just made until they get fed up and move on? Back in the day, Gwen and Fergie were old by popstar standards but not OLD old. But now Fergie's 40 and Gwen's 45, both of them married with kids. That is no recipe for comeback success in today's music world. Not only does radio not want to play music by women of such an age (unless you're making mega generic stuff and look 20 years younger than you are like J-Lo did in 2011), but the young crowd simply do not relate to a middle aged woman. And it might just be me, but I find comeback stuff to be quite weak in general (I genuinely liked LA Love, though). After so long away from solo stuff, I reckon you must just lose the passion somewhat. Expecting all the fans to be here for you after a 10 year break following 1-2 albums is delusional.

I don't know why an artist would want to take such long breaks like this. 

​They probably wanted to have kids before it was too late. Biological clock ticking down. I heard Fergie wanted a break, she was going non-stop 2004-2011.

No Doubt waited 5 years to follow up their 1994 smash, which is a bigger head scratcher.

(unless you're making mega generic stuff and look 20 years younger than you are like J-Lo did in 2011)

Radio was done with JLo too ... until she came out with the best Red One song not on TF or TFM.

​I disagree. Her debut was extremely commercially successful. Better than most contemporaries of today. She waited 10 years to release a follow up to it and by that time it seems as those she's chasing the trend instead of just focusing on her own thing. her work with DJ Mustard was just blah

Whispering

Mediocre comeback singles and a long time off. I don't think we will be seeing full albums from these attempts. 

Alfonso

I think Fergie's is still happening but Gwen's (the one I was most excited) got pushed back or shelved. Which is a shame because Baby Don't Lie default_legend.gif

Didn't know that.. :udidnt: 

Poor fans... :toofunny: and Fergie should re-start The Black Eyed Peas and stop being a solo tbh :manicure: 

The same thing that happened to Nelly Furtado and Christina Aguilera. If you take a long break, you're going to have a hard time coming back.. Gaga disappeared after Born This Way and it did harm her career.

Vernier

With Gwen, it kinda felt to me like she wasn't ready, but label obligations made her release something at that point, but it was all so half-arsed and rushed like she wasn't even into it.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Whispering

The same thing that happened to Nelly Furtado and Christina Aguilera. If you take a long break, you're going to have a hard time coming back.. Gaga disappeared after Born This Way and it did harm her career.

That was for a few months, due to a serious injury. All artists take breaks.

The difference here is taking five to ten years between albums. That's Hard to come back from...unless you are JT. :)

Archived