Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Avril Lavigne caught Lyme disease

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Remember when Avril Lavigne announced that she was leaving the public eye for a bit last September in order to get over a mystery illness? Some people thought it was code for her going to rehab, but no. Apparently, she got bitten by a tick and was unknowlngly suffering from Lyme disease all these months:

It wasn't exactly the way she imagined spending her 30th birthday. When Avril Lavigne went to Las Vegas with a couple girlfriends last October to celebrate the milestone, she felt like doing anything but partying – in fact, she'd been feeling terrible for several months, but the doctors she'd seen couldn't pinpoint exactly what was wrong with her.

"I could barely eat, and when we went to the pool, I had to leave and go lie in bed," she tells PEOPLE in this week's exclusive cover story. "My friends asked, 'What's wrong?' I didn't know."Shortly after, following months of feeling lethargic and lightheaded, the normally energetic singer got her diagnosis: she had a severe case of Lyme disease. "I had no idea a bug bite could do this," says Lavigne, who believes she was bit by a tick sometime last spring. "I was bedridden for five months."

The Canadian singer has been recuperating at her home in Ontario, where she spends time with family, watches movies and keeps up with fans through social media.

"I felt like I couldn't breathe, I couldn't talk and I couldn't move," she says. "I thought I was dying."

Her mom moved in to help take care of her, while her husband Chad Kroeger, 40, stepped in when he could during breaks in his tour with Nickelback.

"There were definitely times I couldn't shower for a full week because I could barely stand," she says. "It felt like having all your life sucked out of you."

And while she had her share of dark moments, one thing that helped her get through the long days was knowing her fans were out there, waiting for her to get better. "They were asking about me since I was MIA, so I mentioned to one fan directly that I wasn't feeling good," Lavigne says, referencing a private Twitter message in December that went viral. "The get-well messages and videos they sent touched me so deeply." Now that she's feeling more like herself ("I'm 80 percent better," she says), the singer is ready to move forward, and that includes releasing new music. Her new single "Fly" will be released this month in support of the 2015 Special Olympics. "This was a wake-up call," adds Lavigne. "I really just want to enjoy life from here on out."

http://www.people.com/article/avril-lavigne-lyme-disease-bedridden

Hope she gets better soon. Everyone who has the illness always speaks about how much of an impact it has on their lives. A celebrity having it might raise awareness of the condition as a lot of people are unaware of the specifics of it.

Mister Gaga

I wish her the best :ohno:

no more hello kitty please

Michelle

My close friend has it and it has been life changing. She struggles a lot. The lethargy alone is awful. Poor Avril. 

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

Supersonic

Had to google the disease and found out it's just another name for borreliosis. :aprilfools:

Hope she recovers completely.

Teal Ambition

Poor her :( I wish her the best.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Haroon

Glad to hear that her health has greatly improved, and I can only hope that she gets to 100% as quick and painlessly as possible :ohno: 

Oh no poor girl :( I strongly hope she's all better now, I'm much more concerned about her health rather than getting new material, stay strong and healthy Avril Ramona :heart: 

and someone please smack the f*****g bug that bit her

tumblr_m5r37cIqVJ1qhuyn1o2_r1_500.gif

Bad Bromance

Oh no poor girl :( I strongly hope she's all better now, I'm much more concerned about her health rather than getting new material, stay strong and healthy Avril Ramona :heart: 

and someone smack the f*****g bug that bit her

tumblr_m5r37cIqVJ1qhuyn1o2_r1_500.gif

​I love this GIF so much!!!!!  

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

InsideOutright

Oh, no. :( I had lyme disease from an unnoticed tick after a hike when I was a kid. Thankfully, it only lasted a few weeks. Half of my face was all swollen the whole time. Hope Avril feels better soon.

Archived