💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

performance

WATCH: Katy Perry - Prismatic World Tour Special

Spock

Featured Posts

Tommy Monster

​If you didn't enjoy Katy herself that's fair enough :yes: Just know that she had a part in the actual show because she was involved in the process of it being planned and coming together and all of that stuff :flutter: 

​I give her credit for that, don´t worry, I respect her, but it´s obvious that she relies on a big show to hide her not so good singing skills, this kinda bugs me... cause the first thing an artist should rely on is their voice :ohwell: 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelic

It is well known for decades, you don't have to be a great singer to be a pop artist. Pop artists pull up peformances as a whole, they put on a show that involves many elements beyond the voice.

I'm glad we have Gaga because she can really pull up both singing and spectacle. But if I wanted to see a perfect singer I would go watch a Sarah Brightman concert or any other opera singer.

I came here to see a pop show and Katy couldn't have delivered any better. You people need to deal with that.

PS. On top of that I think Katy's voice is very good. Some of you seem to be wary about the moment when she fails a note, just to come back and want to make her voice out to be worse than in reality. You know, if an expert hated Gaga as much as you do Katy, he could make the exact same thing in a Gaga show... and succeed!

Haroon

​I give her credit for that, don´t worry, I respect her, but it´s obvious that she relies on a big show to hide her not so good singing skills, this kinda bugs me... cause the first thing an artist should rely on is their voice :ohwell: 

​Well not like someone without a super amazing voice is going to have a 2 hour stripped back show, otherwise people would just complain that they wish there was something else there to enjoy because their voice isn't strong enough to carry a 2 hour show :dies: You work with what you have to make the best show possible out of it :woot: 

I just watched a few performances and damn... she is copying Gaga way more than I expected.

The mannerisms, the messages, the yelling about loving yourself... it's all so fake because you can tell she's just copying. I won't even mention the mechanical horse. She truly is a vanilla copy of Lady Gaga for children. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Tommy Monster

​Well not like someone without a super amazing voice is going to have a 2 hour stripped back show, otherwise people would just complain that they wish there was something else there to enjoy because their voice isn't strong enough to carry a 2 hour show :dies: You work with what you have to make the best show possible out of it :woot: 

​I don´t want it to come to a Gags comparison, but yeah, she can do both, have a great show with great vocals... But Katy just proved to me that she actually can do the show and that´s more than I expected :hehe: 

Spock

​FYI, I watched till the end, yes, she hit some notes right, yes, she put on a great show, and that´s what is attracting so many people, cause one thing that I have to give to her were the visuals... but even a show great like this cannot change the fact that the quality of her singing is not excelent, she is good, but not great, the first act was really bad in terms of her vocals, you just have to admit it... then it got to her, but still...

and her screams to the audience just felt so artificial :toofunny: it´s like she couldn´t properly shout something...

Don´t know how to feel about the show, because it was in fact good, but the good thing about it wasn´t Katy :oops: 

​In the first act she dances, runs and jumps rope. Of course she isn't to have perfect vocals. Katy isn't Adele, and it has been widely known since her beginnings, so it's kind of your fault if you were expecting her to immensely deliver on that part. Also, many artists, like Madonna in the beginning of her career, never had great vocals and are still incredibly successful. I mean, why aren't Gaga fans up on Fergie's face, making fun of her and bashing her singing if singing is that important? If you want to see perfect pitch perfect singing, go see Idina Menzel or Sarah Brightman because you aren't going to find that in a Katy concert :oops:

who will love me when the night is over

Haroon

​I don´t want it to come to a Gags comparison, but yeah, she can do both, have a great show with great vocals... But Katy just proved to me that she actually can do the show and that´s more than I expected :hehe: 

If you're going to a Katy Perry concert expecting Ariana Grande vocals (or any other super amazing singer) then you're setting yourself up for disappointment from the starting line. However, if you know what you're getting from Katy and already enjoy what she offers, then you'll be blown away with what is achieved with The Prismatic World Tour :P 

Spock

​Could you guys please confirm if this is the correct version of the concert DVD, as in that no height/width has been cut off and everything? :confused:  I haven't checked out the downloads so I can't really compare and confirm for myself :sweat: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2c3ba2XT7Q

​Yep, that aspect ratio seems about right :)

who will love me when the night is over

I just watched a few performances and damn... she is copying Gaga way more than I expected.

The mannerisms, the messages, the yelling about loving yourself... it's all so fake because you can tell she's just copying. I won't even mention the mechanical horse. She truly is a vanilla copy of Lady Gaga for children. 

​I can only speak for myself and Katy is way different from Gaga imo and she's definitely not copying her. 

I was at the artRAVE and I watched the Prismatic Tour on the internet. Katy's acting and speaking is totally different from Gaga's. Her whole public persona is totally different! Just because they are both talking about loving yourself, it doesn't mean that one of them is copying the other :awkney: 

I would never compare those two. I know that many fans are comparing them all the time and I simply don't understand why. yes, they are both popstars,..but that's all they have in common (at least for me!!!) 

Blake

​FYI, I watched till the end, yes, she hit some notes right, yes, she put on a great show, and that´s what is attracting so many people, cause one thing that I have to give to her were the visuals... but even a show great like this cannot change the fact that the quality of her singing is not excelent, she is good, but not great, the first act was really bad in terms of her vocals, you just have to admit it... then it got to her, but still...

and her screams to the audience just felt so artificial :toofunny: it´s like she couldn´t properly shout something...

Don´t know how to feel about the show, because it was in fact good, but the good thing about it wasn´t Katy :oops: 

​Girl, I was at this show that was being filmed. Her vocals were the tiniest bit off but other than that, no flaws what so ever.

Psychedelic

at 1:08:29 is she shading gaga? :madge: 

​Had she said 'another girl' or 'some other girl', probably no! But by saying 'that other girl'... pretty much yes!!! :swanga:

It isn't shade tho :madge: 

Archived