Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
performance

WATCH: Katy Perry - Prismatic World Tour Special

Spock

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity

I am going with my full opinion because if not everyone screams: HATER!!! 

I can't stand a live performance of katy... I just can't. Yeah, of course the show is amazing as a show, an amazing stage with great lighting and tons of production... but if you center all your attention on Katy, she's not at the level (or at least, for my standarts).

CAUTION: IF YOUR SOUL IS TOO FRAGILE TO NOT TO HANDLE A GAGA COMPARATION STOP READING HERE

Yes, I am going to compare her with Gaga so I can say why I think she lacks that because Gaga is my fave and I would like to explain it comparing both.

For me, Gaga has something that Katy doesn't and it is even more important than an amazing stage/dancer: stage presence. Gaga's stage presence at Grammys performance with Tony Bennett just slays katy in these 2 hours of concert. Katy doesn't have that, she just doesn't transmit that energy while performing the songs, the way she moves on the catwalks like running but without running... watch Gaga walking during ARTPOP, the beginning of swine, the end of donatella, paparazzi, poker face... she is always exploding, you can be just watching at her and you don't need everything else, but with katy, if I look only at her I get bored. 

That's why I could never stan for a Katy concert, I love most of her songs, but she isn't what I want from an artist playing a concert. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

I can't stand a live performance of katy... I just can't. Yeah, of course the show is amazing as a show, an amazing stage with great lighting and tons of production... but if you center all your attention on Katy, she's not at the level (or at least, for my standarts).

CAUTION: IF YOUR SOUL IS TOO FRAGILE TO NOT TO HANDLE A GAGA COMPARATION STOP READING HERE

Yes, I am going to compare her with Gaga so I can say why I think she lacks that because Gaga is my fave and I would like to explain it comparing both.

For me, Gaga has something that Katy doesn't and it is even more important than an amazing stage/dancer: stage presence. Gaga's stage presence at Grammys performance with Tony Bennett just slays katy in these 2 hours of concert. Katy doesn't have that, she just doesn't transmit that energy while performing the songs, the way she moves on the catwalks like running but without running... watch Gaga walking during ARTPOP, the beginning of swine, the end of donatella, paparazzi, poker face... she is always exploding, you can be just watching at her and you don't need everything else, but with katy, if I look only at her I get bored. 

That's why I could never stan for a Katy concert, I love most of her songs, but she isn't what I want from an artist playing a concert. 

​I don't think you're a hater and fully respect your opinion. Of course, not every single person on Earth is going to like her.

However, I do think that a Gaga comparison is a bit unfair. I mean, not only to Gaga but comparing concerts in general is not really productive imo, because every artist has their strengths and weaknesses. You won't get the same type of performer energy and overall experience, be it a Beyonce, Kylie, Gaga, Madonna or Katy concert. Like, personally, when I go see Beyonce I know that I'm going to get a super feminine, classy show with fantastic vocals, visuals, fashion and choreography. Kylie is going to be this extremely elegant and poised production. Gaga is going to slay with energy, visuals, vocals and fashion, and so on.

I love Katy and been stanning ever since One Of The Boys, but I know what type of performer she is. She isn't a fantastic dancer or the most amazing singer. But I know that she puts on amazing shows full of energy and  super fun, and that she tries. After a performance I'm happy because I know what I'm going to get and what I'm not.

And I think this is exactly the problem with haters (not you) calling it a kindergarden show. They see it expecting Gaga and of course they aren't going to get it because they are completely different women.

who will love me when the night is over

NewYorkCity

​I don't think you're a hater and fully respect your opinion. Of course, not every single person on Earth is going to like her.
However, I do think that a Gaga comparison is a bit unfair. I mean, not only to Gaga but comparing concerts in general is not really productive imo, because every artist has their strengths and weaknesses. You won't get the same type of performer energy and overall experience, be it a Beyonce, Kylie, Gaga, Madonna or Katy concert. Like, personally, when I go see Beyonce I know that I'm going to get a super feminine, classy show with fantastic vocals, visuals, fashion and choreography. Kylie is going to be this extremely elegant and poised production. Gaga is going to slay with energy, visuals, vocals and fashion, and so on.

I love Katy and been stanning ever since One Of The Boys, but I know what type of performer she is. She isn't a fantastic dancer or the most amazing singer. But I know that she puts on amazing shows full of energy and  super fun, and that she tries. After a performance I'm happy because I know what I'm going to get and what I'm not.

And I think this is exactly the problem with haters (not you) calling it a kindergarden show. They see it expecting Gaga and of course they aren't going to get it because they are completely different women.

​Of course, of course! I will tell you: if I had had the the money I would have went to the prismatic tour without thinking! It is, in fact, an amazing show. I would be missing the rest, and that's why I said I would never stan for it, but I would have a great time, that's for sure! I know every song :whitney: 

The comparassion was just to make clear what my point was... like not just: oh you just hater cuz she outsold ARTPOP blah blah. I like her songs, and her show... I just don't like her as an artist because she doesn't matches what I am looking for, there will be also people who think: ugh I don't like what Gaga does on stage she looks on d--gs for the whole concert like calm down and be more classy. Just wanted to be clear on what I like to make it eassier for people to understand my point :yes: 

Psychedelic

Just finished watching... Yes, vocals are not good at times yet she's grown so much as a performer and in the acoustic section she sounds great. Visually stunning, the production is beyong unbelievebly awesome, this tour is amazing. :applause: 

Gaga needs to work with people who can develope her ideas so detailed and mastered like this.  I don't mean the cats, balloons, and nickelodeonish explotion of visuals, that's Katy's stuff. I mean Gaga's style and concepts but better accomplished, like Katy's team did here. That would slay me so much with Gaga's songs and her uncomparable artistry.

Imo you're not a hater. I call those people haters who come in every Katy thread just to complain about her voice, her whole appearance etc. The just come into a thread to bash her and even her fans (by calling them little kids etc). 

There are a lot of artists I don't like but I don't go in every thread just to write something negative about them. And when I do this, I try to be constructive. That's the difference.

And I think you're right. Gaga's stage presence is unbelievable and that's one of the reasons why she's my fave! :heart: 

Katy is totally different and I agree fully with @Spock that every performer has their strenghts and weaknesses. 

Pure Adrenaline

omg what are these god tiried vocals and I thought the artRave lacked vocal wise ..... I take my words back :proud: 

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Pure Adrenaline

​Ohhh okay :yes: I think I understand now, like I was under the impression that she had a show last night and it was livestreamed on TV, but I think people were livestreaming the DVD which was airing on TV? Correct me if I'm wrong :sweat: 

​guess what will be my movie night submission :hunty: 

Swan Heart

The Queen Katy slaying these godly vocals tbh! :queenga:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Haroon

​guess what will be my movie night submission http://gagadaily.com/uploads/monthly_2015_03/hunty.gif.3d8d72b6ac80a1f4d4e38bb98668153b.gif 

@Drowned World already submitted it :hunty: 

Pure Adrenaline

@Drowned World already submitted it http://gagadaily.com/uploads/monthly_2015_03/hunty.gif.3d8d72b6ac80a1f4d4e38bb98668153b.gif 

​yasssss :legend:

lemme stop watching it then ... I wanna experience it with all of u when it gets voted :hunty: 

Bradley

No offense but her vocals are so so so freaking far from Gaga's. Even Rihanna sounds better than her.

Kacey Elizabeth

No offense but her vocals are so so so freaking far from Gaga's. Even Rihanna sounds better than her.

Rihanna sounds better than Katy? You must be deaf.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Haroon

​I think they both sound good when the music's slowed down and they're doing their slower songs :shrug: Rihanna's slower section during The Loud Tour was pretty good, like the same as the acoustic section during The Prismatic World Tour :yes: 

Bradley

​I'm not deaf. Rihanna's 8 Grammys can prove that. Katy's 0 Grammys can't prove that.

Look, I love Katy Perry but I just wanna justify myself a bit, so don't take me as a hater.

Bradley

​I think they both sound good when the music's slowed down and they're doing their slower songs :shrug: Rihanna's slower section during The Loud Tour was pretty good, like the same as the acoustic section during The Prismatic World Tour :yes: 

​I actually think Katy can sound really good if she wants to. She seems to be constantly screaming to cheer the crowd up during her performances and when she starts to sing, she has to lower her voice which shows a very big contrast. When she gives speeches, she needs to lower down her voice.

Not to mention her speeches are very weird though. I'm sorry Haroon, I know you love Katy but that's just my opinion.

The stage, the lights and the broadcast, however, are fantastic.

Archived