question

When did Gaga stop being "cool"

Katie14

Featured Posts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

She was only exceptionally 'cool' during The Fame when she was singing about disco sticks with her pretty bangs and curves. I think when the focus came off of her being s-xualised throughout The Fame and took a turn to the more eccentric looks is when people found her weird rather than cool.

Rabbit Heart

the day she broke her hip :P And she finished herself when she ****ed up with VENUS/DWYW for 3rd single + no video for DWYW! 

ARTPOPchamp

Actually, it has nothing to do with GaGa, it's the fans and the public, the public and some fans tend to latch onto who's trendy or popular on the charts, since LG 's recent music hasn't been on the top of the charts, Monsters and others have deemed her "uncool". It's not LG, it the fans/public. 

ARTPOPchamp

The Oscar performance proves the public is still into LG, it's just the fans that tend to overdramatize everything, I think it's more about the fans than LG, the fans are so concerned about LG being at the top, when she isn't, they say things that reflect how they actually feel, not the public, they feel LG is fading, it's not the public as much as Monsters like to think, it's us.  

ARTPOPchamp

Monsters mean well but too many of us are overly concerned about everyone elses perception of GaGa, so many spend more time trying to persuade the public and haters to love LG and her music, they don't sit back and just enjoy the music and LG for what and who they are.

Korkira

In my eyes, she's still the same person. She's been cool and she is now. Screw what others think.....

Jay.P

When she released Born This Way. I think it explains itself.

I remember lots of people I knew had PF, JD, BR, and other songs from her on their phones and iPods (many were even fans)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Florian

Judas. I don't understand people saying that she started fading after Alejandro - she was still selling tickets to the MB at the time and she wouldn't have had a #1 and 3 top tens and a 1 million debuting album following it if that made her uncool. BTW was the start of something, but Judas is where it really took off. The religious angle was the straw that broke the camel's back and was just too much for the public. I think this is partly the reason why TEOG didn't go to #1 afterwards despite it being probably her best received song with the public. It's a shame because I love Judas, but it was the turning point in how Gaga was viewed within the public and nothing was the same after that. It's weird, the songs that are becoming successful these days, in my country at least...is this cheesy, bland stuff really what today's kids are deeming cool enough to go to #1? Yet Gaga made an album about s-x, smoking dope and featured 3 rappers on a trap song about Jewels N' Drugs...and she's not considered cool? That would have been the height of coolness back when I was a teen (I'm 25). Kids today are weird. But, oh yeah, they'll still accept these same topics from Rihanna and call her cool. This is partly why I never have much patience for Rihanna.

​I know a lot of people were singing Pink's F***** Perfect in X Factor auditions (and performing it as a group song) and Firework is one of Katy Perry's most well remembered hits. People are still loving Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass. I'd even argue that Taylor's Shake It Off is an empowerment song and people are still loving that. I think it was just Gaga's empowerment song that was seen as uncool.

​Judas is only the result of the BTW era. During about 3 months she was way too into gay acceptance. It scared the GP who run away and wasn't here for Judas

InsideOutright

Mid-2012 when BTW died out at the latest. Possibly even earlier since the BTW era was especially when people began stereotyping her fans as gays.

Archived