Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

1st week sales of Madonna's Rebel Heart included tour bundling!

Spartacus

Featured Posts

LORD GAGA

Why would the thread be closed? It has no false information. Tour bundles WERE included in the first week. No matter how small. :toofunny:

:air:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeffrey_This_Way

actually Ticketmaster had serious issues with redeeming the codes so the numbers could've been a lot higher, but numbers weren't working, emails weren't being sent with the codes and you only got 1 copy per entire purchase instead of with each ticket like MDNA

​Very true!  I got the email from Ticketmaster just a few days ago.  

I don't get why ppl aware surprised by Rebel Hearts sales. It leaked MONTHS before it was released, it was lucky to crack 50k :smh: 

LORD GAGA

​How are you even comparing artists who have just started out with Madonna who is at her 13th studio album? Madonna makes most of her sales in the first week.

Do you think 1989 would sell more th 1 million in the first week if it had leaked a month before? I highly doubt it...

​let me clarify something for you... in terms of 'leaks' these are usually instigated by the artist or the team behind the artist themselves... the leaks do not generally come from hackers and well... if you believe all you read then :spin:  This means you can bet that madonna or more than likely the team behind her instigated the leak because believe it or not there are multiple reasons to do it, first and foremost its huge promotion, when an album of a well known singer leaks it becomes public info, other than that it would have been a relatively quiet release with literally only fans buying the album, and even worse sales than we are already seeing, and the second reason is it's a kind of safety net, leaks overall don't effect album sales as people who are going to buy it will buy it anyway and those who download illegally will do so anyway wether its leaked or not, the safety net snare is because if the album doesn't sell well they have the 'omg it leaked a month before release' excuse to pad the blow, sad but true. that is all :sis: 

Whispering

actually Ticketmaster had serious issues with redeeming the codes so the numbers could've been a lot higher, but numbers weren't working, emails weren't being sent with the codes and you only got 1 copy per entire purchase instead of with each ticket like MDNA

You got a download option with each ticket you bought. If you bought two tickets, you got two free downloads. I know lots of fans on a music site I belong to, who were sending copies to friends and relatives.

Emvee

Gaga was scalped and left to die for numbers that were within the same range as some of the biggest stars of 2013-2014, so it cracks me up that ARTPOP is still brought up as some sort of colossal flop when albums before AND after have charted with absolutely tragic numbers. 

Whispering

​Very true!  I got the email from Ticketmaster just a few days ago.  

The dates were stagered so that the downloads would be spread out over the first two or three weeks. Your download would have been counted in the second, or possibly even third week, numbers. It was an intentional strategy. 

You got a download option with each ticket you bought. If you bought two tickets, you got two free downloads. I know lots of fans on a music site I belong to, who were sending copies to friends and relatives.

​interesting, people on ATRL were complaining they couldn't transfer the codes to other people

Whispering

​interesting, people on ATRL were complaining they couldn't transfer the codes to other people

The fans I know sent them to friends and family, without any problems. :shrug:

​let me clarify something for you... in terms of 'leaks' these are usually instigated by the artist or the team behind the artist themselves... the leaks do not generally come from hackers and well... if you believe all you read then :spin:  This means you can bet that madonna or more than likely the team behind her instigated the leak because believe it or not there are multiple reasons to do it, first and foremost its huge promotion, when an album of a well known singer leaks it becomes public info, other than that it would have been a relatively quiet release with literally only fans buying the album, and even worse sales than we are already seeing, and the second reason is it's a kind of safety net, leaks overall don't effect album sales as people who are going to buy it will buy it anyway and those who download illegally will do so anyway wether its leaked or not, the safety net snare is because if the album doesn't sell well they have the 'omg it leaked a month before release' excuse to pad the blow, sad but true. that is all http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_sis2.gif 

​if you really think Madonna's team was behind the leak of over 66 demos (close to the 82 track recording session) then you're delusional.

Not only were people investigated and arrested, it caused more leaks. The origin of all the ones after the initial 13 were on some Russian social network VK. I can guarantee you it was not orchestrated, the album wasn't even scheduled to be released until April and LFL was supposed to be out 2 months after it leaked. 

The album was supposed to be a dual disc REBEL / HEART with Rebel Heart in the middle. It would've essentially ended her contract because 100+ mins of music counts as 2 albums. Now we're supposed to get another record by the end of 2017 which I honestly don't see happening...the leak really ****ed her over

LORD GAGA

​too bad critics agree 

​there's just as many critics, if not more that disagree :spin:

Overall the album has had a very mixed response, which is still an improvement to MDNA's overall response which was negative. :rip: 

LORD GAGA

http://www.metacritic.com/music/rebel-heart/madonna

Generally favorable reviews

User Score 8.1 

tumblr_moczkfzz1x1qeiv9jo2_r1_500.gif

:spin: 

just wait til more time passes, MDNA had 'generally favourable' reviews then by mid way through the album cycle a lot of 'other' reviews came out of the woodwork :rip:  but imo this will end up with more favourable reviews than MDNA did, it has to.

Archived