music news

Iggy Azalea's ghostwriter comes forward

Yanko

Featured Posts

degenerate

Wow Iggys ARTPOP era:

Beg For It MV scrapped

Trouble isn't taking off? (Though I'm not sure when it's released to radio or w/e).

Tour delayed

Azealia Banks 'feud'

The recent Vines

This. 

Goodness.

​As much as we love to compare everything in the world to GaGa & her ARTPOP, let's just not here. An "ARTPOP era" implies that one experienced a significant decline over a period of years. Iggy came and LITERALLY went ADIOS within a period of months. There was no decline. It was hello (hardly) and goodbye.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yanko

What's so wrong with her having a ghostwriter? She isn't the first or the last. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

​it means you dont have talent you can;t write and someone else writes the song for you but you dont credit him/her and claim that you wrote it 

Cody Draco

​Wait I'm trying to understand the same thing. Beyonce snatched songs that were written for other artists and nobody cares but when someone writes a who dat who dat line everyone get's mad :eek:

​I'm not mad at all. I look at Beyonce as less of an artist because she doesn't write her own songs. The difference is that it wasn't hidden from the public that Beyonce doesn't write (or she writes a very minimal amount). This is a betrayal.

Henry

@Iggy Azalea As a music listener who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted with how much you have used this ghostwriter to write "your" raps. From the I to the G, to the G to the Y, do you not have any value or respect for originality? You’re a laughing stock, it’s cheesy, it’s disgusting, I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious,I am embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence, having to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion on "your" music.

enhanced-25339-1426739424-5.jpg

Jesse Pinkman

​When someone has a ghostwriter they purposely go out of their way to not credit them.

But that's the point lol. I mean, he's still getting paid and so is she. The label knows who's writing it. Its just not that big of a deal but I guess it's just me.

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman

​it means you dont have talent you can;t write and someone else writes the song for you but you dont credit him/her and claim that you wrote it 

Did anyone actually think that Iggy was a talented writer/rapper? I mean let's just be real here.

britney-spears-o.gif

It's science, bitch

Weasel

​I'm not mad at all. I look at Beyonce as less of an artist because she doesn't write her own songs. The difference is that it wasn't hidden from the public that Beyonce doesn't write (or she writes a very minimal amount). This is a betrayal.

​Did she ever claim she didn't write it though? There's a difference between not wanting to tell and lying about it. No artist screams from the rooftops that they don't write their own material. 

Yanko

Did anyone actually think that Iggy was a talented writer/rapper? I mean let's just be real here.

britney-spears-o.gif

​nope 

britney-spears-o.gif

britney-spears-o.gif

​lol some people on here legitimately do

I LIVE for this EXPOSÉ

Princess Die

Y'all are so hateful. :air:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

Blue Jeans

Bring the member's iggy azalea ass here :lmao:

She was asking for receips that Iggy has ghostwritters, here it is b---h! laughing so hard, like yesterday she was asking for them receipts and i just saw this thread :air:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Cody Draco

​Did she ever claim she didn't write it though? There's a difference between not wanting to tell and lying about it. No artist screams from the rooftops that they don't write their own material. 

​At the end of the day it's misleading for Iggy to be the only writer credited on her songs other than the features and producers when she isn't the only one who writes her parts. Yes, it makes me look down on her as an "artist" when she chooses to be dishonest and chooses to project the image she does when she can't even back up that image. Look at "Work" and it's message, the fact she probably had a ghostwriter on that too makes her a complete joke. Shoutout to everyone praising her for her female empowerment when she has a man ghostwriting her songs. How is that female empowerment when she depends on a man for lyrics? I'm not trying to bash Iggy, I'm just trying to highlight how this seriously affects how I and apparently some others view her as an "artist" and how much we decide to respect her work.

Archived