music news

Madonna's Rebel Heart drops from #1-#18 in Australia

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

PopBitch

​WOW didn't realize so many people didn't like MDNA. I love it. I think it is amazing. Rebel Heart is blahh to me but you know I only listened to it once so I am going to definitely give it another go.

Madonna has had other sucky albums too imo, so I don't think this will break her. She will keep doing what she's doing. And really despite how bad she charts her tours will always generate the most because people still want to see her.

True.  She survived American Life and came roaring back with Confessions on a Dance Floor.

​MDNA had amazing potential.  They should have cut out the filler and put more effort into the songs.  She worked on it in between directing a movie and then promoting the movie.   I hated her overprocessed vocals on many songs.  Addicted is a brilliant song and so different.  Love Spent, both versions, are stellar, except the heavily processed vocals.  Girl Gone Wild I even liked a lot if someone else had produced it and not made the beat so sparse.  There are other songs, too, I liked or some that had so much potential, but no effort put into..  It's that it, as a whole, had little thought put into it. The album was just something she had to push out and it showed that she was more invested in her directing career and then the Super Bowl to get ready for..  Madonna couldn't have cared less about her vocals.  They were thinner or unrecognizable.  And Gimme All Your Luvin with those Minnie Mouse high-pitched processed vocals was a joke as a single.  The vocals ruined it for me.  Although, it was amazing live with the production on stage, the drummers and even from the ceiling, and the breakdown was epic, one of the highlights of the concert, and I loved the music video.  

Rebel Heart has Madonna back as far as I'm concerned.  Her vocals are richer and more emotion in many songs.  It's not a perfect album, but great melodies and hooks and great sound production.  I love the way Devil Pray changes towards the last third of the song.  There's all these all nuances to the actual sound production and the use of electronica in a good way, but not overdone, that I just love.  It's not a formulaic album at all with the sonics, but nothing is at the expense of the melodies, and that's what I love about it.

Once isn't enough to listen to it and discover all the little nuances to the songs.   Really give it more listens and I think it will really grow on you.  I love the production on most of the songs.   Out of 19 songs only a few are not for me.  But Madonna was  invested in this album and it showed, even in her singing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

How are people surprised, only fans are buying this, so a huge drop after a first week is 100% expected.

NONONONO

Threads such as this don't bring anything positive. It just attracts all the haters and uneducated people with the cringeworthy 'karma' comments.

In the Netherlands she went from number 1 to number 4. Why not a thread about that?

Anyway, all the spiteful hate I keep reading in every Madonna thread just makes me appreciate her even more. For a woman that started making music when people bought cassettes and continues to have a number 1 album globally almost 35 years later, she has all my respect. 

GagaMyBlood95

Yeah, it's doing really bad.. I know, I know, she's been in the industry for over 30 years and this is her 13th album, all that makes sence and are facts, but honestly I didn't expect it to do this bad since it pretty much had big promo both in the US and WW...

boysboysboys

It happens to all older artists who were massive.   They just keep putting out music because they are creative and it's who they are, but the big sales aren't a given anymore.  The others are rock artists, though, or country.  Madonna is the only pop artist, though, that has achieved this kind of long-lasting career as far as consistently putting out music and still selling in the millions.  No female has ever accomplished that in the pop field, three decades, which is more youth-driven as far as pop stars.  This is the big hit (in a bad way for her) for her.  It was going to come, but I am surprised.  I think it's coming off of MDNA and the disappointment by many of that album and then this album leaking so long ago.  Otherwise, it might have done somewhat better.   

I love almost all of Rebel Heart.  It just keeps getting better and better for me.  I feel bad for her, but Madonna always pushes on.  She didn't last this long because she was a quitter.  For me, it's fast becoming one of my favorite albums of hers.  She put so much effort into this album, and at the end of the day, I just have to be thankful I get this quality of music from her, since even I had almost written her off after MDNA, except for a few songs.

This tour is going to be brilliant, though.  I can't wait.  I think it is going to be closer to like the Confessions tour, which slayed.   I can't wait to see her perform Iconic.

​You have a good heart, but you need to put the blame on Madonna as well. :heart:

It's a good album but it's not legendary, definitely - I personally think the songs are way tackier than her best work. And it's not like she doesn't want it to sell. Yes, she is a legend and she could give two ****s if she needed to, but she is showing immense amount of personal pressure and I really think it's time for her to realize she is not invincible.

She needs to accept that she is not the "queen" of whatever league she thinks she's in, and stop thinking that she needs to contend with people who are not in her generation or style.

Psychedelic

​Hmm she's only the best female selling artist ever with 300m albums, I'm worried tbh :ohno: 

​I'm so worried too. Her career is such a failure :green:

The reason for the drop - she got #1 in a soft week with soft sales for a top album. It's like Xtina's Bionic in UK, which was the lowest selling #1 at the time and it dropped to #29 week 2.

Threads such as this don't bring anything positive. It just attracts all the haters and uneducated people with the cringeworthy 'karma' comments.

In the Netherlands she went from number 1 to number 4. Why not a thread about that?

Anyway, all the spiteful hate I keep reading in every Madonna thread just makes me appreciate her even more. For a woman that started making music when people bought cassettes and continues to have a number 1 album globally almost 35 years later, she has all my respect. 

:golfclap:

AquaFire Witch

True.  She survived American Life and came roaring back with Confessions on a Dance Floor.

​MDNA had amazing potential.  They should have cut out the filler and put more effort into the songs.  She worked on it in between directing a movie and then promoting the movie.   I hated her overprocessed vocals on many songs.  Addicted is a brilliant song and so different.  Love Spent, both versions, are stellar, except the heavily processed vocals.  Girl Gone Wild I even liked a lot if someone else had produced it and not made the beat so sparse.  There are other songs, too, I liked or some that had so much potential, but no effort put into..  It's that it, as a whole, had little thought put into it. The album was just something she had to push out and it showed that she was more invested in her directing career and then the Super Bowl to get ready for..  Madonna couldn't have cared less about her vocals.  They were thinner or unrecognizable.  And Gimme All Your Luvin with those Minnie Mouse high-pitched processed vocals was a joke as a single.  The vocals ruined it for me.  Although, it was amazing live with the production on stage, the drummers and even from the ceiling, and the breakdown was epic, one of the highlights of the concert, and I loved the music video.  

Rebel Heart has Madonna back as far as I'm concerned.  Her vocals are richer and more emotion in many songs.  It's not a perfect album, but great melodies and hooks and great sound production.  I love the way Devil Pray changes towards the last third of the song.  There's all these all nuances to the actual sound production and the use of electronica in a good way, but not overdone, that I just love.  It's not a formulaic album at all with the sonics, but nothing is at the expense of the melodies, and that's what I love about it.

Once isn't enough to listen to it and discover all the little nuances to the songs.   Really give it more listens and I think it will really grow on you.  I love the production on most of the songs.   Out of 19 songs only a few are not for me.  But Madonna was  invested in this album and it showed, even in her singing.

​Give Me All Your Luvin' is my least favorite track. I would have liked it more if the two rappers were cut out completely. Love Spent, I bleeped UP, Best Friend, Masterpiece, Beautiful Killer and Gang Bang are some of the best songs she’s done in a long long time imo.

But to be fair, I've listen to Rebel Heart one time. I will give it another go and see what happens!

nikola

i am getting so ****ing anoyed from all those karma coments......

this is so sad TBH.....its really good album...

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived