💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry is "Mother Kat"

HANZ

Featured Posts

Kacey Elizabeth

Pretty fitting, considering most of her fans are kids, or a least, people under the age of 18. She has tried for a very kid-friendly image with Prism (Dark Horse and TIHWD are the only songs that have parts that are kinda unsuitable for kids and the innuendo in Birthday is so subtle that it'll go right over a kid's head). No doubt, she's really playing up to her childish image in the hopes that it'll encourage parents to keep buying her albums and concert tickets for their kids. But as we've seen with Gaga, people got over her Mother Monster schtick real fast, mainly because she lost a lot of her really young fans over time. I mean, even kids don't want to be treated like kids. I daresay the whole Mother Monster thing was what made Gaga seem uncool to the public - they found it cheesy and childish. Putting your fans on the same level as you is key. At least Gaga was doing this kind of thing in her early-mid 20's and wasn't in serious relationships, so she could get away with stuff like this and she abandoned it as she got older. Katy is approaching 31 and has been married once - what's her excuse for such cringey behaviour?

Age is just a number. You can always be young by heart and mind. 50% of Katy's fanbase is made of people who are under 18 and the other 50% are people who are above 18. Just because something is colorful and fun doesn't mean that it is childish. Katy appeals to kids, teens, and adults. That was the key for her success, actually. 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

I don't need to show any statics. I already proved my point, but if you want to go on and deny it, then that's your choice. You are free to have your own opinion and belief, but just know that you are not completely right.

You didn't prove a single thing. All you are doing is making statements up in your head and trying to present them as some kind of fact. 

You claimed to know what the majority of fans thought.

Show the statistics.

Quark

Do you even know how mediocre you sound? Go and say what you just typed and record it and hear it. You'll do yourself a favor by hearing how contradicting you sound. She wanted to? Ok, tell me. What is the the difference between wanting to chart (when you said that you write for music, not the charts) and being desperate to chart? Clearly, you are deluded. Everyone relies on promo. Even Gaga. Since when having promo means not being talented? And when you compare the promotion that Katy gets to the promotion that other recording artists get in the music industry, you'll see that Katy's promo is not that big. Katy is not really that talentled? For the love of God, Katy sang a song and played it on guitar for GLEN BALLARD and that blew him away and amazed him! Not very talented? Please, you and other haters need to humble yourselves.

It doesn't matter what others think of Katy. My opinion is that she is not that talented compared to many others. Also, you were the one that sounded mediocre when you basically said that everything Gaga has done recently was desperation.

StrawberryBlond

Age is just a number. You can always be young by heart and mind. 50% of Katy's fanbase is made of people who are under 18 and the other 50% are people who are above 18. Just because something is colorful and fun doesn't mean that it is childish. Katy appeals to kids, teens, and adults. That was the key for her success, actually. 

​It's one thing liking an occasional bit of music that's a bit young for you. This is coming from someone who owns Carly Rae Jepsen's very young teen pop album (which she made when she was nearly 26). But I didn't go to her tour and I likely won't buy any of her music from now on. I also like some songs from Little Mix, 1D and Britney's early work. But again, I don't actually own any of their work, I just listen to it online and never take it any further. Because there's a line to be drawn on how far you can support music that's so obviously aimed at kids and teens. I don't want to be going to a tour on my own as a full grown adult and be surrounded by lots of little girls and their mums. That'll look pathetic. And buying all their albums seems a bit excessive when they pretty much remake the same type of songs over and over. This is why artists who appeal to the young always fade eventually - their fanbase grows up and no longer connects.

I somehow highly doubt 50% of Katy's fanbase are over 18. Her albums are largely bought by parents for their little girls (there's a good few negative reviews on amazon complaining that the album was inappropriate for their child), apparently the demographics of people who listen to her on the radio are under 18, she sold her Prism merchandise through the pre-teen chainstore Claires and according to people who go to her shows, the majority of the audience are little girls accompanied by a parent. I don't think I've ever seen a Katy fan over the age of 25. If she keeps up her childish image any more, it could be detrimental to her in the long run. She'd be better off switching to acoustic sooner rather than later and remodelling herself as a mature woman who it's ok to listen to as an adult. MJ and JT remodelled themselves into credible artists after their cringey beginnings and they ended up all the richer and more successful for it. If Katy doesn't start maturing her image soon, she'll never be able to shake off her "generic popstar" label.

Runway

Katy's lack of Grammys are the only things you can drag her for. Grammys don't determine and testify your talent and success either. You wouldn't know what is talent even if you get slapped in the face with it.

:lmao: but you would? 

Remain living in a parallel world where someone like *katy perry* is considered a talented artist :lmao:

Some of you should listen to Katy's acoustic versions of her songs (for example The One That Got Away or By The Grace of God).

I think she sounds lovely and is far away from being untalented. Tbh I always thought she can't sing but after seeing those videos I changed my mind (even If there are still many songs who don't fit her voice so that she sounds bad).

My post has nothing to do with the thread, I know, I'm just writing this because there are so many people who call her totally untalented. 

FGGrayson

Katy's lack of Grammys are the only things you can drag her for. Grammys don't determine and testify your talent and success either. You wouldn't know what is talent even if you get slapped in the face with it.

​OMG, OMG, OMG!!  a KatyCat saying that

ezgif.com-gif-maker1e2fb4.gif

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗣𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀

FGGrayson

Some of you should listen to Katy's acoustic versions of her songs (for example The One That Got Away or By The Grace of God).

​So much talent, power vocals, amazing, lemme stan for ha

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗣𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀

But most of her LMs didn't became Little Monsters because of seeing her playing the piano, watching her singing live

How the hell would you know that? Where do you get your statistics from?  Each fan has own story of how they became fans.

We can say the same that most katycats became fans because of Katy's boobs and not her talent.  http://gagadaily.com/uploads/monthly_2015_03/gaycat.png.992b47d38f09b0ad096f1acf4618aa13.png 

​let's be real though, does she have any? :hunty:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Kacey Elizabeth

​Sis, stop! Karaoke album? Sharing your video? Making pig noises on your song called Swine? just.. stop please...

giphy.gif

Desperate is when you follow each & every single move of someone else & copy all the **** she does, so much, that your career seems like Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V

Desperate is when you drag someone else on her relationship with her fans & then do the same the next months cuz she is getting no buzz.

Desperate is when you act like a ****ing 12 years old kid in front of a painting that represents an era of your 'rival'

Desperate is when you pay to perform on the SuperBowl

Desperate is when in the beginning of your career you write an homophobic song but then the gays are you main target.

Idk what the **** are you doing here, the only thing i see when you post here is the list of: 'how your momy slayed you with some kid awards, stream records & sales' that won't last forever, she ain't have talent, we do not care about how many copies she sold. It is well known she is hypocrite since the beginning of her career, using homophobic/gay to sell her music, using her image/boobs to sell her music, and it gets pathetic when you're 30 and you act like a teenage again just because the lack of talent & quality & you don't have anything else to give

So many things are wrong with your post. Follow each move of someone else and copy and paste? Hmm, what about Gaga copying and ripping off every aspect of Madonna. Katy never dragged Gaga for her connection with her fans. She only speak of herself. Katy is still getting a lot of buzz. You must live under a rock. Katy didn't paid to perform at the SuperBowl. NFL got so much backlash for asking performers to pay, they changed their rules again. Even Forbes and Billboard reported about it that Katy did not paid and NFL chose and picked her. Ur So Gay is not homophobic. It's about metros-xual guys who are way too much into themselves to pay attention to their girlfriends. Lyrics of that song are just metaphors. I'm pretty sure if Gaga had never talked about the Aphrodite thing and used it as a theme for her material, 90% of you LMs wouldn't even know that Aphrodite exists. Stop acting like a art and history critic. Lmao. All toursits take pics like that. Saying that Katy copies Gaga just shows how delusional you are. Katy is not known as a hypocrite. Only some pressed LGBT members earlier who didn't understand what Ur So Gay and Katy's tweet and intention of it really meant called her a hypocrite. Talent and quality? I play two instruments (Piano and Violin) and have studied music for 9 years now. I know what is quality and talent. Katy is extremely talented, and so is Gaga. Their music also has quality.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

​let's be real though, does she have any?  hunty.gif.3d8d72b6ac80a1f4d4e38bb9866815

Are you even serious?

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Fame Romance

When I read the title I thought it said ''Katy Perry is Monster Kat'' :rip:

Age is just a number. You can always be young by heart and mind. 

​says a person who wrote this, quoting:

"Desperate is when you beg your fans to buy multiple copies of your upcoming karaoke album of covers with a man who doesn't know what day it is"

the level of two-faced pretentiousness of your posts is off the charts.

just bye girl :love:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Archived