💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Amy Winehouse documentary coming to theatres this summer

Michael

Featured Posts

Michael

Intimate Amy Winehouse Documentary Set for Release This Summer
Director Asif Kapadia will explore late singer's life and career with previously unreleased recordings and unseen archival footage

movies-amy-poster.jpg

Amy Winehouse's tumultuous life and career will be explored in Amy, a new documentary directed by Senna filmmaker Asif Kapadia. The film will be released July 3rd by U.K.'s Altitude Film Distribution, though no U.S. distributor has been announced, Deadline reports. 
The documentary explores the singer's relationships, battles with media attention and influential music, incorporating previously unheard recordings and unseen archival footage. Winehouse released two acclaimed studio albums – including her 2006 breakout, Back to Black – before dying of alcohol poisoning in July 2011 at age 27.

The project's website features an official poster and promises a trailer is "coming soon." Amy was previously attached to Focus Features International in 2013, but former president Alison Thompson secured the title for her recently founded Sunray Films. 

Winehouse's second LP, the acclaimed Back to Black, cemented her smoky throwback R&B-soul style and earned the musician five Grammy Awards. Spawning massive hit singles like "Rehab," it became one of the U.K.'s top-selling albums of the 21st century. But toward the end of her life, the singer's personal life overshadowed her artistry, as she battled with paparazzi, legal problems and reports of substance abuse and mental health issues.

In December 2011, Universal Republic released Lioness: Hidden Treasures, a posthumous LP compilation of Winehouse studio leftovers, alternate takes, duets and cover tunes. Kapadia previously directed the BAFTA-winning 2010 documentary Senna, which focused on the life and death of Brazilian Formula One driver Ayrton Senna.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/intimate-amy-winehouse-documentary-set-for-release-this-summer-20150318

Lassex

This is a MUST SEE! :gaga: She's amazing and I love her music but I don't know many details about her life and career. I guess this is a great chance to get a wider image of her :nick:

CannaeDrive

Not to be missed and I hope it's good!

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

RAMROD

I hope it is global and good.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

asana15

Lady Gaga's Copying Amy Winehouse's Look Again In A Possibly Unintentional Yet Touching Homage

http://www.bustle.com/articles/70713-lady-gagas-copying-amy-winehouses-look-again-in-a-possibly-unintentional-yet-touching-homage

...But before haters start throwing verbal daggers and thinking, “Copycat!,” chillax for a moment and understand why this inspiration, however unintentional, is really awesome....

...It’s as though a little piece of Winehouse lives on via Gaga, thanks to some Instagram posts and Gaga changing her look on whatever whim came to her that day.

Archived