Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Rihanna

Mills

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not generic at all :lmao: A song doesn't need to be groundbreaking lyrically to be good. Some of you think just because we stan for Gaga that means every single song has to have sometype of lyrically outstanding sonically artistic real and true meaning :roll:

...It is generic. The lyrics bring nothing new to the table. If this had been made by any other artist, it would have been seen as generic. It's one of the simplest guitar chords wrapped around lyrics that are neither interesting nor different. It doesn't need to be groundbreaking lyrically to be good, but that doesn't mean the lyrics and general sound of the song aren't generic. The title is eye-catching and different, I'll give it that, and the song is quite catchy, but it's seriously quite generic.

I'm one of the first people to say that just because a song is generic doesn't mean it's bad. I'm a songwriter, for Christ's sake. I like FFS but that doesn't mean it's unique besides the fact it's Rihanna singing an acoustic song. It's simply introducing a typical acoustic sound to a pop audience.

Vernier

Omg Rihanna, please work with professional music video directors, ugh

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

...It is generic. The lyrics bring nothing new to the table. If this had been made by any other artist, it would have been seen as generic. It's one of the simplest guitar chords wrapped around lyrics that are neither interesting nor different. It doesn't need to be groundbreaking lyrically to be good, but that doesn't mean the lyrics and general sound of the song aren't generic. The title is eye-catching and different, I'll give it that, and the song is quite catchy, but it's seriously quite generic.

I'm one of the first people to say that just because a song is generic doesn't mean it's bad. I'm a songwriter, for Christ's sake. I like FFS but that doesn't mean it's unique besides the fact it's Rihanna singing an acoustic song. It's simply introducing a typical acoustic sound to a pop audience.

It's not generic though Beethoven. At all. It sounds like nothing out right now, in order for it to be generic it would need to sound repetitive and like everything else and everything else on pop radio. The acoustic sound isn't generic nor played out. Just because you're a songwriter doesn't make your opinion on it being generic or not any less valid than mine. 

Haroon

They have music videos on TV?  :what:

Don't they everywhere? :confused:

There are 20-40 channels for music where they play music videos :P

BringDaNoize

Lmao @ rihanna stans saying 45S sounds nothing like the music on the radio nowadays

I mean, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and the church song are literally EVERYWHERE.

They have music videos on TV? :what:

Do u know what MTV is omq

Lmao @ rihanna stans saying 45S sounds nothing like the music on the radio nowadays

Don't they everywhere? :confused:

There are 20-40 channels for music where they play music videos :P

I see people's sarcasm detectors are failing on GGD today.  :toofloppy:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Haroon

I see people's sarcasm detectors are failing on GGD today.  :toofloppy:

Oh sorry :rofl: At first I thought it was sarcasm but then I didn't understand what point you were making if it was sarcasm, so I took the safe route and assumed you were being serious :duck:

Oh sorry :rofl: At first I thought it was sarcasm but then I didn't understand what point you were making if it was sarcasm, so I took the safe route and assumed you were being serious :duck:

It's just that MTV hardly shows music videos anymore. They might as well just stop altogether. :smh:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

It's not generic though Beethoven. At all. It sounds like nothing out right now, in order for it to be generic it would need to sound repetitive and like everything else and everything else on pop radio. The acoustic sound isn't generic nor played out. Just because you're a songwriter doesn't make your opinion on it being generic or not any less valid than mine.

I don't appreciate your condescending attitude. Simply because it doesn't sound like anything on pop radio does not mean it isn't generic. It is a generic acoustic track that just happens to be to distributed to a pop market because of the artist who released it. Acoustic tracks aren't always popular because the artists who make them aren't popular. Typically, acoustic tracks become huge because the artists who make them are.

Haroon

It's just that MTV hardly shows music videos anymore. They might as well just stop altogether. :smh:

Ohhh right! The main MTV channel does only show shows, but then over here we have MTV Base and MTV Hits and some other branches that are purely for music. Then there are some other channels too like 4Music and Capital and Heart etc that are just for music too :music:

Give me one Sam Smith song that sounds like 45S. The church song doesn't sound nothing like it either :lmao:

Bradley

Applause's directors their impact!

Just kidding, I know they worked on What Now together. But this could be one of the lowest budget Rihanna videos I've ever seen.

Archived