Kacey Elizabeth

yuck I am so disgusted with her

Then why you are in a thread which is about her? Logic >>>> you

Your Candy Perfume Girl

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sableye

What kind of flop performance does a mega powerful performer need to give to not only be completely overshadowed by a back up dancer, but now have actually make money off of said back up dancer?

Kacey Elizabeth

​That's exactly it. "Don't put in time and effort with minimal resources to make a decent replica - buy my $130 (plus additional P&P and shipping costs) official piece of merchandise produced at an extremely low cost with the simple one second click of a button instead." You're right, Gaga would have praised anyone who tried to re-create her outfits. I remember she once caught sight of someone dressed in one of her outfits at the MB and she asked them where they got it. When they said they made it, she went: "You are f***ing talented." No overpriced merchandise of her costumes followed. Apart from some kinda sorta related leather jackets and shell bras, Gaga would never take it this far. This is a whole new level of tacky and money grabbing. This is the beginning of the end of Katy's career, just wait and see. This kind of desperation and need to appeal to the most of the moment trend can not lead to good things. You know, "the harder you try to be trendy, the more you appear uncool" and "by trying to make something relevant, you make it more dated."

Mess at you dragging your own fave like that in your last 2 sentences. no shade at Gaga but, why are you talking about Katy's overpriced merchandise, when Gaga's VIP backstage passes for artRAVE were over 5,000 dollars which is more than most backstage VIP passes of others artists? You don't see Katy charging that much for her VIP backstage passes. Gaga's tour tickets and merchandise always have been more expensive than Katy's. Left Shark was not really a thing that most of us KatyCats were obsessed with, it was the GP. So Katy mostly put out that Left Shark merchandise because of the GP, not her devoted fans and stans. Katy is not trying to appeal. She appealed to the GP with her SuperBowl Halftime and the Left Shark and she did it effortlessly without trying. GP seemed to be so obsessed with the Left Shark, Katy felt that she deserves a income because of it as Prismatic said. You seem to also forget to mention that Katy in her California Dreams Tour brought up bunch of fans with costumes (of herself or related to her) on the stage. And recently in the Prismatic World Tour, she brought up a fan who was wearing a Twerking Ice Cream outfit and took a selfie with him. This is not the beggining of the end of Katy's career. Stop always trying to make it look like her career is over or is close to being over. Katy has declined only when you compare PRISM to Teenage Dream and even in that situation, Teenage Dream only wins in chart and sales aspects over PRISM. Katy's career is stronger than ever and she is at her peak right now. If you have the nerve to say otherwise, try to argue that with the touring power, streaming power, airplay power, stardom/popularity, impact, and critical acclaim (which she didn't had in the One Of The Boys or Teenage Dream eras) that she has right now.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Kacey Elizabeth

What kind of flop performance does a mega powerful performer need to give to not only be completely overshadowed by a back up dancer, but now have actually make money off of said back up dancer?

That flop performance is the highest rated/ranked and the most watched halftime ever in history FYI.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Sableye

That flop performance is the highest rated/ranked and the most watched halftime ever in history.

​Most watched, yes, but it was also one of the greatest superbowl games of all time - which I think helped. Highest ranked? By who?

Kacey Elizabeth

​Most watched, yes, but it was also one of the greatest superbowl games of all time - which I think helped. Highest ranked? By who?

The original SuperBowl game had 114 million views but with Katy's halftime, 4 million more people watched it and Katy broked the record. so yeah, that record is definitely mostly hers.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

StrawberryBlond

Mess at you dragging your own fave like that in your last 2 sentences. no shade at Gaga but, why are you talking about Katy's overpriced merchandise, when Gaga's VIP backstage passes for artRAVE were over 5,000 dollars which is more than most backstage VIP passes of others artists? You don't see Katy charging that much for her VIP backstage passes. Gaga's tour tickets and merchandise always have been more expensive than Katy's. Left Shark was not really a thing that most of us KatyCats were obsessed with, it was the GP. So Katy mostly put out that Left Shark merchandise because of the GP, not her devoted fans and stans. Katy is not trying to appeal. She appealed to the GP with her SuperBowl Halftime and the Left Shark and she did it effortlessly without trying. GP seemed to be so obsessed with the Left Shark, Katy felt that she deserves a income because of it as Prismatic said. You seem to also forget to mention that Katy in her California Dreams Tour brought up bunch of fans with costumes (of herself or related to her) on the stage. And recently in the Prismatic World Tour, she brought up a fan who was wearing a Twerking Ice Cream outfit and took a selfie with him. This is not the beggining of the end of Katy's career. Stop always trying to make it look like her career is over or is close to being over when you are just showing how butthurt, pathetic, vile, disgusting, misinformed, mean spirited, desperate, obsessed, and deluded you are. You must live such a miserable life. Katy has declined only when you compare PRISM to Teenage Dream and even in that situation, Teenage Dream only wins in chart and sales aspects over PRISM. Katy's career is stronger than ever and she is at her peak right now. If you have the nerve to say otherwise, try to argue that with the touring power, streaming power, airplay power, stardom/popularity, impact, and critical acclaim (which she didn't had in the One Of The Boys or Teenage Dream eras) that she has right now.

​I take it you're talking about the prices for the C2C tour? That's different - she's touring with someone else and a legend at that. Plus, as it's tiny venues with only a small amount of dates that count towards tour gross, she needs to make money somehow. Tickets for these kinds of things are always mega expensive as they're really exclusive. When she starts charging that much for her solo arena tours, then there's a problem. Katy's prices are generally low because she has a lot of young fans who don't have their own money to spend and have to rely on asking their parents.

This is exactly what I'm talking about - Katy's appealing to the public, not her fans, which is really the wrong way to go about things. She's too much of a crowd pleaser and that formula hasn't always proved fruitful for her this time. I'm not going to argue with you about Katy's success but I will say that you clearly have a lot of fan bias if you think this era is bigger than Teenage Dream. Roar and Dark Horse are the only two songs the public can seem to recount this era, as opposed to recalling 6-7 songs from the Teenage Dream era. And her SB performance was widely slated with a lot of people saying Beyonce was better.

The original SuperBowl game had 114 million views but with Katy's halftime, 4 million more people watched it and Katy broked the record. so yeah, that record is definitely mostly hers.

​You're equating viewers with quality. Just because people watched it doesn't mean they liked it. Plus, SB viewership increases every year. Madonna, Beyonce and Bruno broke the record one after the other. Someone with break Katy's record next year, definitely. And more people tuned in because the game was getting really interesting. It's only pop fans who are eagerly awaiting the halftime show. More viewers are always gained just before halftime because this is when things can turn around and it becomes really watchable.

Kacey Elizabeth

​I take it you're talking about the prices for the C2C tour? That's different - she's touring with someone else and a legend at that. Plus, as it's tiny venues with only a small amount of dates that count towards tour gross, she needs to make money somehow. Tickets for these kinds of things are always mega expensive as they're really exclusive. When she starts charging that much for her solo arena tours, then there's a problem. Katy's prices are generally low because she has a lot of young fans who don't have their own money to spend and have to rely on asking their parents.

This is exactly what I'm talking about - Katy's appealing to the public, not her fans, which is really the wrong way to go about things. She's too much of a crowd pleaser and that formula hasn't always proved fruitful for her this time. I'm not going to argue with you about Katy's success but I will say that you clearly have a lot of fan bias if you think this era is bigger than Teenage Dream. Roar and Dark Horse are the only two songs the public can seem to recount this era, as opposed to recalling 6-7 songs from the Teenage Dream era. And her SB performance was widely slated with a lot of people saying Beyonce was better.

​You're equating viewers with quality. Just because people watched it doesn't mean they liked it. Plus, SB viewership increases every year. Madonna, Beyonce and Bruno broke the record one after the other. Someone with break Katy's record next year, definitely. And more people tuned in because the game was getting really interesting. It's only pop fans who are eagerly awaiting the halftime show. More viewers are always gained just before halftime because this is when things can turn around and it becomes really watchable.

Beyonce didn't broked the record. she didn't outdid Madonna in views. as I said, those viewers increased around the time when Katy's halftime was about to begin and the views for the actual SuperBowl dropped once Katy's halftime was ended. the only people who said that Beyonce was better were her stans while Katy recieved a lot of critical acclaim from critics and sources, celebrities, and the GP. for her halftime. Sure there were some who didn't liked her performance but that was just about it. C2C tour tickets are no where as expensive as artRAVE tickets were, specially the VIP backstage passes. Gaga's fans has many young fans too, specially when she was touring The Monster Ball Tour in 2009-2011 and Born This Way Ball Tour in 2012-2013 which are her most expensive tours. I never said that Katy doesn't appeals to her fans (she actually appeals both to her fans and the GP equally but in different areas). Just because the Left Shark was something that the GP was obsessed with doesn't mean that Katy doesn't appeals to us KatyCats. You probably misreaded my post. Let's put it in persepective, do you really think anyone even Katy herself will be able to top the Teenage Dream era specially in this day and age? Teenage Dream sold 5.7 million copies WW throughout 2010, 2011, and 2012, while PRISM sold 3.4 million copies WW in 2014 alone. PRISM had a bigger opening first weeks sales than Teenage Dream and got way better reviews by the critics. Roar and Dark Horse are probably more memorable and bigger than any of Teenage Dream's 5 #1 singles and 6 overall top 3 hits (6 #1 singles and 8 overall top 3 hits with Teenage Dream The Complete Confection). I'm pretty sure if Katy actually promoted Birthday and This Is How We Do, they would've made it to Top 10 in several charts or even, they would've became #1. Roar and Dark Horse were monster hits in the terms of sales, streaming, and airplay. And they outsold every single #1 hit from Teenage Dream (except for Firework and Roar outsold Firework while Dark Horse just is 1 million copies away to equal Firework's sales). Take a look at Spotify! PRISM has more streams than Teenage Dream. Roar and Dark Horse are one of the most viewed videos on VEVO/YouTube with Dark Horse being most viewed female video of all time and Roar being the the 3rd most viewed overall video ever in history and they both have over 800 million views on VEVO/YouTube, more than any other videos from the Teenage Dream era. The fact that Katy was able to outdue Teenage Dream's singles with just 2 singles from PRISM says a lot. Not to mention that the Teenage Dream era had way more promo than the PRISM era. Katy has gotten bigger as a superstar and icon and she was no where as popular in the Teenage Dream era as she is now. Sure she broked/shattered and tied many records and achieved/accomplished tons of milestones with Teenage Dream, but her stardom was still rising in that time. Don't even get me to start on Prismatic World Tour and California Dreams Tour.

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Noah X

Then why you are in a thread which is about her? Logic >>>> you

​Because I decided to read the thread to see what it was about, then had a reaction, and posted it as a comment like everyone else does.

Archived