Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Björk refuses to put new album "Vulnicura" on Spotify

Memo

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redstreak

I entirely disagree, but i guess its all up to each artist's opinion.

I know that if it was me, i'd be thrilled my music would be availabe on such a big scale for everyone to experience.

I don't know, for me it would feel weird to know my work is only good enough to have people maybe show interest in it only if it's free, especially if I put years of work into it :shrug:
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I disagree. Spotify makes songs easier accessible for the public and bigger exposure. I don't want to put a whole essay but I think it is more in their favor.

And not putting it on Spotify isn't going to make more people buying it.

Maybe I'm speaking from an aloof position and it would probably ruin their business model entirely; but for "ethics" sake I think Spotify should go paid-version only or at least heavily restrict the free version :spin:

Didymus

Makes no sense. People buying it in a physical format isn't necessarily showing more respect.

It's her work and I do respect her decisions with it, but on the topic of respect: what about all those artists who don't have a record label and spend an equal amount of dedication and passion in their work and have to be happy with no audience at all? Don't forget that, Björk. This tyrannical elevated artist bs has ruled the music industry for far too long. I love her to death, but she doesn't deserve more respect than any other artist.

barnabesk

I looked every day on ther spotify wall to see if she has released Vulnicura by now.

Ugh, I guess it's not enough to spend +90 Euros for her upcoming concert in Berlin. THANKS BJÖRKY BJÖRK

HighwayGuy

Meh if its not on Spotify its not like anyone is going to be like, oh might as well buy it now. I respect her even though I listened to the album for free

Taylor's huge album sales would disagree

Hellspont

Taylor's huge album sales would disagree

she wouldnt have sold much less with spotify, she just has her head up her own ass

I agree with her to not put it immediately, the rest of her discography is there tho.

By the way albums on Spotify aren't there for free, they actually earn money also by Spotify with streams, and it's better than nothing or be downloaded for free. 

Archived