đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way is criminally overrated by this fan base.

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Emigrante
Born this Way's Concept: (In order of track list)

Facing your fears/Striving for your dreams

Self acceptance

Sex

The metaphorical battle between ones light and darkness.

Political intolerance

Self expression

Feminism

Religion

Her life story

Rebellion

Memorial for a lost a Friend

Staying perserverent and emotionally strong

Sexual dominance

Being treated well as a lover

Finding inner confidence and blocking out negativity

True love

Triumph

ARTPOP's Concept (in order of track listing)

SEX, SEX, SEX, SEX, DRUGS, SEX, SEX, ARTPOP, SEX, FASHION, FASHION, DRUGS, DRUGS, LOVE, FAME

So, sit. :)

​Oh no. Please, you did'nt point that. :toofunga:

Aura is her manifest about not being a mainstream product, but her own persona. It is also her asking if the world would love her if she'll be herself.

Venus, okay, it is about s-x, G.U.Y also, but this have a little feminism parts.

Sexxx Dreams Sex

U think DWUW is about s-x? Gaga explained meaning of that song. :kissga:

Swine is about rape and frustration, and about letting go of every overhelming emotions

Donatella is ironical

Mary Jane Holland has no really deep meanings, but partially it's about freedom also.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

Electric Chapel is NOT a "misstep" :wtf: FOHL was a fun song, and obviously a filler.. Bad Kids has a beautiful message and is underrated. Americano is a bop. 

I really like Bad Kids. Lol I actually think it's a little ahead of its time. The album was released in 2011. There was very few mainstream artists were doing an 80's throw back sound and Bad Kids was a great 80's throwback sound. Only part that I kinda don't like is that it starts a little too heavy, but that lasts maybe 10 seconds into the song after that it was all great. Its so funny the songs mentioned (Bad Kids, Americano, Electric Chapel and Fashion of his Love) because those are the ones with the heaviest 80's throw back sound. Lol everyone is now doing 80's sound. The BTW album is kinda a 80's throw back sound but with a modern kinda twist. People say she was heavily influenced by Madonna on that album, but I think she was more influence by Pat Benatar. Listen to Ultimate Collection Pat Benatar you'll hear the similarities.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Creyk

Aura is her manifest about not being a mainstream product, but her own persona. It is also her asking if the world would love her if she'll be herself.

​What. How 

78cc4c66e5_55164516_o2.jpg

For me personally, The Fame is her best album and I hope she will outdo it one day. However, BTW aged the best out of her albums, you can still enjoy the songs fully and they sound fresh, something that is simply not true for AP even though it's a lot younger

AmenTheNight

BTW has its ups and downs, but it's her only album that managed to create a universe and a whole "mythology" around it. The storytelling of it all is/was on point. The cohesiveness, the aesthetics, the sound, the music videos, the tour, everything was linked in the best way. She really did her best to create a whole outstanding body of work, even when things were getting tough (Judas, her whole team ****ing her up, commercial ups and downs ...).

So yes, when the next album arrives and is just a bunch of (very) solid pop songs with a concept that she isn't even able to describe properly (N-E-THING!!§§!), she let a lot of people down. On top of that, she went on a media blackout after the "mixed results" of Applause (that were really good by the way) and the lukewarm commercial response to Venus and DWUW, as if she didn't feel like standing behind it.

Maybe the music in itself for ARTPOP was stronger, but people are used to Gaga working hard to give a whole universe around her albums. We all felt that there was something fishy behind ARTPOP as soon as it was released, and once you get over the fact that there are like 12/13 earworms, you see there's no cohesiveness of it all. It felt ****ing forced, contrary to BTW. I stick to my original thought : BTW is better and remains unbothered by ARTPOP. We expect more of a Gaga era than pop songs that struggle to create a universe and cohesion.

Emigrante

​What. How 

78cc4c66e5_55164516_o2.jpg

For me personally, The Fame is her best album and I hope she will outdo it one day. However, BTW aged the best out of her albums, you can still enjoy the songs fully and they sound fresh, something that is simply not true for AP even though it's a lot younger

​"I'm not a wandering slave, I am a woman of choice" "Dou u  wanna see the girl, who lives behind the Aura?":hunty: In the first sight Aura is about s-x, but she uses a lot of metaphors in her song, behind superficial lyrics. I could say it has two meanings, more commercial, and more deep. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Anderson123

Ah, I don't see where you get this from. Ever since the release of Born This Way, I've always thought this is her best album and I love it, even when a lot of people called it trash or weird just because of the album cover. Then ARTPOP came out and EVERYONE loved ARTPOP, I wasn't so happy about most of the tracks and people kept throwing trash at Born This Way. Months later, after ARTPOP didn't sell 500m copies and didn't have all of its 7 singles in the top 5 of Billboard, fans started to talk about how ARTPOP was not good and BTW is her best.

So yeah, I've seen people like and dislike both albums, but clearly, some of them base their taste on the success of the album.

bionic

Born This Way is Gaga's best album by far. I confirm this. :neyde: 

buy bionic

Whispering

BTW isn't overrated by the fanbase, it's overrated by the narrow representation of the most vocal fans on GGD. 

It is disproportionality regarded as her best album on GGD. The opinions here do not represent all of Gaga's fans. 

Psychedelic

It's bad when people hate on ARTPOP, but you're basically hating on BTW to defend ARTPOP so you've fallen for that stupid hating game... it's a little contradictory I think, and you might not like BTW music that much but must admit that it represents a lot to this fanbase for the message it brought, the whole concept and what the whole ERA was, so I consider this thread to be... well, blasphemous  :awkney: 

ChicaSkas

@OP: in your opinion. It takes all kinds of opinions to make up a fanbase.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

ladygagzus

It's all subjective really like for example to me TFM is her "worst" (meaning my least favourite) of her albums bc i only really like 2 songs off the whole album. For me TF = BTW as her best albums & ARTPOP as the middle one because although I love it, I love the other two more bc i listen to them more. 

I rarely listen to anything off TFM only Alejandro & SHICD

Archived